cleaning out the pipes :)

Options
Random question, but have any of you ever taken any kind of laxatives, or colon cleanse pills to assist with losing a few extra pounds? And if so, did they work, and what brand did you use?

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Unless you're pooping like a horse...
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    No. Of course we weigh less after pooping. But it goes right back on, as it's an ongoing function of our digestion. Please don't do this. Using laxatives/cleanses for weight loss is dangerous (and easy to develop a physical dependence--your body will "forget" how to poop on its own).
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    42271_franchise_icon0009.jpg.png
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    42271_franchise_icon0009.jpg.png

QO32kP4.gif
  • Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    funny pics, and it was just a curiosity question
  • Kif2bskinny
    Kif2bskinny Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    DONT DO IT! Laxatives with mess up your natural metabolism... your digestive system will get lazy cause it'll be waiting for you to pop some laxatives!
    Only take them when necessary ( As in you havent pooped for days!)
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Laxatives don't burn fat
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    No. Laxative abuse is a form of bulimia, so if you have been doing this you should speak with your doctor and ask for a referral to someone who deals with eating disorders.

If you're having difficulty with constipation, make sure you stay well hydrated, get enough fiber, get enough fats and move more.
  • Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have never done this, hence why I asked if anyone has and if it worked lol, I do not have any disorder, it was simply a curiosity question, since I have heard of people doing this, and when I was waiting in line at the pharmacy yesterday for an rx, I was just looking at stuff to pass time, and saw colon cleanse pills by the laxatives, so it just peaked my curiosity, that's all...
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Well, we're telling you. Don't bother :)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    There is plenty of garbage on the market claiming to be the next big "fat burning" and "weight loss" something or another. My response to all of it is blah, blah, and more blah.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I have never done this, hence why I asked if anyone has and if it worked lol, I do not have any disorder, it was simply a curiosity question, since I have heard of people doing this, and when I was waiting in line at the pharmacy yesterday for an rx, I was just looking at stuff to pass time, and saw colon cleanse pills by the laxatives, so it just peaked my curiosity, that's all...

No problem :flowerforyou: The responses you got were merely to impress upon you HOW dangerous such a tactic can be. "We" may seem "mean" sometimes, but that is because so many of us (well, me for sure) care deeply about helping people stay away from dangerous fads. Sometimes, we gotta get SERIOUS on ya (and for lurkers reading this for info).

Sure, "a lot" of people do these things. Doesn't make it good, or useful, or safe.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    so it just peaked my curiosity, that's all...

(piqued)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It's not real weight loss (fat) and it's unhealthy. Also, what it' going to get you? One or two pounds at most? The body can form a dependance on laxatives if taken over a prolonged period of time that will make it difficult to defecate unassisted once the laxative use is discontinued. Do not do this.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I do a cleanse every 3 months (for every season change). I think it really helps my digestive system as well as cleaning my body out of harmful toxins and junk that has built up from things you have eaten. It's kinda gross but I am now on "Raw Cleanse" by Garden of Life and it sure is cleaning out my system...not in a bad way but I am farting quite often lol!! Besides that, it always goes well. I usually stick to the 2 day liquid cleanse which you can get at GNC or any other nutritional supplement stores.

I hope this helps!! it won't make you lose weight magically but it will kick start your metabolism and diet :)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I do a cleanse every 3 months (for every season change). I think it really helps my digestive system as well as cleaning my body out of harmful toxins and junk that has built up from things you have eaten. It's kinda gross but I am now on "Raw Cleanse" by Garden of Life and it sure is cleaning out my system...not in a bad way but I am farting quite often lol!! Besides that, it always goes well. I usually stick to the 2 day liquid cleanse which you can get at GNC or any other nutritional supplement stores.

I hope this helps!! it won't make you lose weight magically but it will kick start your metabolism and diet :)

The metabolism does not require a "kick start" and if it did, a cleanse would not be the way to do it.

The only true metabolism kick start that actually works"

defribillator200px-istock_Serdar_Yagci_zps6905897e.jpg
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

Good lord... this is the height of irrationality :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Please name even one.
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    so it just peaked my curiosity, that's all...

(piqued)

HAHA, There is one in every bunch
  • teenie_71
    teenie_71 Posts: 44
    Options

Good lord... this is the height of irrationality :laugh:

I'm with you on this one^^ Quite laughable