365 days and 72lbs down w/pictures.

LadyArchangel
LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
SW: 363
GW: 175
CW: 291

I'm nowhere near my goal, but it's been a year and I've come pretty far!

2ebs7ki.jpg
The beginning: 363lbs and ready for change.

2jfdl7a.jpg
November 2011. Probably at my highest, around 370lbs.

2mc9i1e.jpg
December of 2012. With one of my nephews, I was probably around 368lbs.

5mabm0.jpg
4th of July 2013 with my baby niece. I was at my SW and felt extremely uncomfortable in my own body, as I have always been.

Then my journey began...

I started eating better, logging my food, cutting down on soda and juice and making better choices. I started working out and getting to know people who were in my situation. Throughout those 365 days I lost 72lbs! I went from 363lbs to 291lbs and it feels amazing to be under 300 for the first time in years!

2a0fc5z.jpg
My pants that fit perfectly last summer are now too big for me.

25j9r87.jpg
My face began to slim down and people now notice...

2ptx7bt.jpg
...and my niece got bigger while I got smaller.
This was 4th of July 2014.

Here we are today:
[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2hmn58k.jpg[/b] 72lbs lighter, and with some more confidence. With an A1c level that went from 6.6 to 5.1 (normal range) Fasting blood glucose level that went from an average of 110 to 85. Blood pressure that went from 140/90 to 120/70. Resting HR that went from 98 to 82. I've done this for myself. For my health, mostly. I'm happy with the current results but I'm going to continue until my diabetes is completely under control and I'm more confident in my own body. I mainly have this site and my friends on here to thank because without them this would be twice as hard! Here's to a wonderful Year 2! :heart:[/img]

Replies

• knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Congratulations! You look fabulous and what wonderful news about improved health!! YAY!
  • Laura100AC
    Laura100AC Posts: 29 Member
    You look amazing! congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • Daveo_VB
    Daveo_VB Posts: 3
    Beautiful!
  • Effalunt
    Effalunt Posts: 40 Member
    Wow! Congratulations on the remarkable results of your hard work. You look fantastic.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    You look soo much younger...and happier! Keep at it. You've done such great work so far and there is more good stuff ahead for you! Truly inspiring!! Thank you for sharing!
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Wow! You're very pretty and you've done a fantastic job thus far! Great job :smile: .
  • thenolanz
    thenolanz Posts: 43 Member
    Amazing progress -- good luck as you continue!!
  • melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Wow you look fantastic!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • angel013183
    angel013183 Posts: 26 Member
    You look amazing and definitely do not look 291 pounds in your after pictures...you look much lighter than that. Way to go!
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    You are carrying your current weight well--great legs!--and I would have thought you weighed less. Imagine how great you will look and feel at goal weight!
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    You look beautiful! Great job. You're starting around where I did, so its nice to see the changes and what I can do as well! Thank you and good luck for reaching your goals! :)
  • bombshellinprogress
    bombshellinprogress Posts: 125 Member
    You definetly look like you weigh less than 291. You're beautiful girl and should be so proud of yourself!!! Awesome job!
  • jenn3365
    jenn3365 Posts: 26 Member
    Not only do you not look you current weight but your skin looks healthier. Congrats and keep it up.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    You are doing great! Keep at it, you will get to goal soon enough. Well done :smile:
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Holy smokes! You look fantastic! That is just so impressive, you should be so proud of all of your hard work, and success. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    You look wonderful and so much younger! Way to go! Keep going, never stop, never quit! :flowerforyou:
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Just wonderful thanks for sharing, and I echo others, no way you look to be 290, you carry yourself so well and show such happiness now.
  • Way to go!!!! Congrats on the first year...and cheers to a good 2nd year. You've come so far and goal is right around the corner. You can do it!!

Love the pictures...you can go back to them when you're tempted to get off plan. :)
  • vswilliams
    vswilliams Posts: 13 Member
    WOW! you look aaamazing! It is crazy what weight in a face does--you look like a different person!
  • shanlivestrong
    shanlivestrong Posts: 27 Member
    Great job! Such an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!