Quest candy bars.

Options

Replies

• suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I like them. They serve as good source of protein for me(being a vegetarian). So i fit them in wherever i can. They are definetly not replacement nor do they taste like candy bars. They are just decent protein bar with great macros.
    That said, i like the choc chip cookie, coconut, choc peanut butter(my fav), White choc cookie, raspberry and vanilla almond one.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Cookies and cream and cinnamon roll are THE BEST!! They're so good!! And they're NOT candy bars...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Cookies and cream and cinnamon roll are THE BEST!! They're so good!! And they're NOT candy bars...

What is the difference between a "candy bar" and a "protein bar"?
  • healthyfreak123
    healthyfreak123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with them! They taste so good and have a good amount of protein and fiber! :smile:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

What is the difference between a "candy bar" and a "protein bar"?

In my book, anything that is less than 2g protein to 1 g carb. So these are a candy treat, and I tried my first one today.

Cinnamon Swirl, it's so so. Far cry better than a couple gus though, I'm a pretty open guy, not THAT open.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Taste great, but expensive.

Is $2.49 really expensive?

Compared to a Snickers bar and a serving of protein powder, yes...about double.

I somewhat understand the point you are trying to make, but thats not the best comparison. Two totally different caloric breakdowns and ingredients. Someone who is looking for a healthier protein bar w/ out all the sugar, high fructose corn syrup and added junk will not choose your option.
  • Dedulaney
    Dedulaney Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I keep wishing I could find them on better sales because they are my absolute favorite protein bar. Minimal ingredients, great protein, carbs are fantastic (over 15g of the carbs being fiber!), and lower in calories for the protein you're getting. I eat one after every strengthening workout I do. I'd eat one after all my workouts but given how expensive they can get, I hafta ration them. XD $2.50 a bar 3x a week is getting at about $30 a month just for a post-workout snack. If I did it after every workout, I'd be paying over $60 a month for a snack.
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I was a bigger fan of them until I actually calculated the macros on them and the calories listed on the label are way off. Most bars average around 240 calories, so not really the great calorie saver "treat" I once thought they were.

Take cookies and cream just as an example since its the new craze:
    Labeled Calories: 180

Macro Breakdown--> protein: 21g (21 X 4 = 84), Fat: 7g (7 X 9 =63), Carbs: 22 (22 X 4 =88)

84 + 63 + 88 = 235 Calories, not 180 that’s a discrepancy of 55 calories, yes this occurs will a lot of our American food products because technically fiber calories are subtractable but this has turned me off from the brand completely. I guess I'm just glad I always count macros and not calories.
  • smithta1
    smithta1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    They are not bad, it all depends on what you are looking for in terms of diet/food plan. I might not eat them on a med/high carb day but if i just completed a run or some hard cardio I might. A more overall taste/nutritious bar are the Fit Crunch Bars that you can find in Walmart (Robert Irvine). They are decent calories, high protien and low sugar and taste great.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I was a bigger fan of them until I actually calculated the macros on them and the calories listed on the label are way off. Most bars average around 240 calories, so not really the great calorie saver "treat" I once thought they were.

Macro Breakdown--> protein: 21g (21 X 4 = 84), Fat: 7g (7 X 9 =63), Carbs: 22 (22 X 4 =88)

84 + 63 + 88 = 235 Calories, not 180 that’s a discrepancy of 55 calories, yes this occurs will a lot of our American food products because technically fiber calories are subtractable but this has turned me off from the brand completely. I guess I'm just glad I always count macros and not calories.

interesting....
  • Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just saw these for sale in my gym, and I bought a few flavors to try out. I haven't eaten any yet. My first one is scheduled to be my afternoon snack today. I'm hoping I like them, because I am impressed with the macros as well.

They aren't cheap though, that's for sure.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate chip cookie dough, brownie, chocolate peanut butter, and double chocolate chunk. I love the chewy texture. Makes me feel like I'm actually eating something!
  • EmElite14
    EmElite14 Posts: 17
    Options
    Delish and good nutrition :-) Choc chip cookie dough is my favourite............and choc brownie :-) I heat my in the microwave for about 20-25 seconds.................yum yum
  • dbmata
    Options

interesting....

Damn, mathception.

I never realized that companies could subtract fiber calories. That's dirty play.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    First of all, they aren't candy bars. They are protein bars.

I personally think they are disgusting. The texture is horrible. And they make me feel sick to my stomach because of the whey protein.
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan...I think the texture along with the taste is terrible.
  • dbmata
    Options
    First of all, they aren't candy bars. They are protein bars.

I personally think they are disgusting. The texture is horrible. And they make me feel sick to my stomach because of the whey protein.

No, these are candy treats, a protein bar will have more protein than carbs. ;)

That's ok though, you call them what you want. :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I honestly like them better than actual candy bars. Cookie dough, cookies and cream, coconut cashew and cinnamon roll are really good. I personally don't care for the chocolate chunk flavor.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Oh, apple pie is good as well! They are even better if you stick them in the microwave for about 20 seconds and eat them with a spoon.
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options

I can not thank you enough for this. I have found that pretty much every label is incorrect and NOT in my favor! Huff!!