Mom of 8, work full time, can't cook & can't lose weight

Options
I'm 49 and holding :) With 7 (very active / involved) kids still at home and work, I am terrible about making time for myself. Can't cook anything worth eating, but I am determined to turn our bad habits around. At least when husband isn't undermining me & getting all the junk he & the kids like.

I've been logging MFP for some time, and it has helped me become more aware of what I'm eating. Or not eating which was the case at work. Now I just have to figure out how to get some weight off.... That's where I'll be watching the boards & gleaning tips/motivation from all you guys!

Thanks for letting me introduce myself - now I CAN"T just fade away and forget my goal. Typing this makes it REAL!

Replies

• Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    1) You should get away from using words like "can't." You can do anything you put your mind to. It isn't hard to find healthy recipes on the internet and eat less.

2) You have seven kids at home. Put them to work. They should be able to help prepare supper. Even my seven-year-old loves to cut veggies and make basic recipes.

3) If it is difficult for you to make time for yourself, schedule a half-hour or an hour on your calendar for yourself and stick to it like you would any other appointment.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    You might be amazed what you can accomplish if you get the "I can't" out of your vocabulary and mind. What we say becomes what we think. What we think becomes our actions/reality.