What would you think of this??

Options

Replies

• _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I think it's probably high time you got knocked up. I say that you tell him you are on birth control... but, you know... not be.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Something is definitely up. If Facebook says you are not in a relationship, then you are clearly not in a relationship. Time to call Nev and Max from Catfish!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Maybe he has a secret girlfriend and he doesn't want her to see the update!

Is it you? Cause if it is, I concede. You're hot.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I totally know how this is. My boyfriend is exactly the same way. Something about his girlfriend seeing it or some crap... totally frustrating.

Have you gone through his messages yet?? That would be my next course of action.

I told him it was ok if he wanted to update his profile to say he was with you. I don't mind sharing him.

Jeez, and here he makes you sound like such a harpy. You seem totally reasonable!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Maybe he has a secret girlfriend and he doesn't want her to see the update!

Good point, OP, you should watch him log into his phone over his shoulder to get his passwords, and then read through all of his texts and emails. It will help build trust, while you see he has no other girlfriends.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    obviously he doesn't even know you guys are together.

you need to up your game so he knows for sure.

cater to his every need. sandwiches, cleaning, a beej every morning....

sooner or later he'll get comfortable enough with you around that he'll leave his FB logged in.
    then you can go in and change it yourself.
    You should listen to this man. He's a bloody GENIUS!

oh rus, you gentleman.
    now stop making me blush and come get your sandwich and beej.

But I don't like making sandwiches and I'm no good at it!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Post up his noodz on your wall so other girls will know you two are serious....

Nvm what I said. This suggestion is the way to go!
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    why is your status public in the first place?

I never changed mine because mine's not public and I can't be bothered- I'd probably have declined/ignored the status update as well if I were him. It's such a trivial matter. move on and live in the actual present- and stop trying to live your life on facebook.

This is how I am, too. My bf and I have been together a while and I don't think either of us cares enough to figure out how to change it. Why's it matter? Are you insecure about your relationship and you need to prove to everyone you're together? It's just facebook...
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

Bonus points if you have video.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

May I suggest you superimpose a picture of you with a thumbs up in said photo. It proves you two are together. Just make sure you have pretty impressive photoshopping skills... people have some pretty keen eyes for that shiiiznittles.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

sooner or later he'll get comfortable enough with you around that he'll leave his FB logged in.

oh rus, you gentleman.

then you are not worthy of a relationship.

change your status to "it's complicated" (just like how you view making sandwiches).
    enroll yourself in some culinary classes and get on the road to being a decent woman already.
    he's not going to wait forever for you to learn how to properly stack meats and cheeses.
    go now!
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I say you say you're im a relationship with someone else...that would teach him!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

I never changed mine because mine's not public and I can't be bothered- I'd probably have declined/ignored the status update as well if I were him. It's such a trivial matter. move on and live in the actual present- and stop trying to live your life on facebook.

This is how I am, too. My bf and I have been together a while and I don't think either of us cares enough to figure out how to change it. Why's it matter? Are you insecure about your relationship and you need to prove to everyone you're together? It's just facebook...

JUST FACEBOOK?!?!?!? How can you treat this so trivially. Just this morning on fb, I learned that I am a 17 year old, and that the reason we get such bad service in restaurants is that people have cell phones, and facebook and such. That's a huge force against humanity.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

oh rus, you gentleman.

Thats why he didnt change it. Have you tried getting a part time job at Jimmy Johns?
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Why not ask your husband how he feels about this?
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    OMG! Stop being so worried about "claiming" him!! If he's comfortable changing it, he'll change it!! Just be grateful you have a boyfriend!!! It's not your place to make him do anything!
  • odusgolp
    Options

Yes! Am I not worthy and deserving of "going public?" What is he trying to hide??
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    OP's selfie...

overly-attached-girlfriend-knife.gif
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    wait, so you guys have broken up and gotten back together several times in 9 months?

I'd be leery of changing my FB status back to "in a relationship" too.

You two sound like basket cases who deserve each other....

No, we've been together the whole time, but denies the request or something, so I just keep re-sending.

Stop doing that. It just screams "hey, I'm desperate for you to acknowledge me to the world!"
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    haha