Calling all 5"3' ladies

Options
Hi Ladies. I need your stats. I would like to compare them to mine :wink:

Height (if not 5'3"):
Current weight:
Goal weight:
How many calories do you eat a day?
Do you eat back "exercise calories"?
Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day?
On average, how many calories do you burn per workout?
What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently?
How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far?

I find myself self sabotaging my results because they don't come fast enough. I'm currently working on that with a professional councilor. Any stats given would be greatly appreciated. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Sue_Sunshine
    Sue_Sunshine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,4. Went from 180lbs to 143lbs in six months. Exercised 3 times a week (1 x hour walk at quick level). Allowed myself 1,400 per day. Didn't eat back calories but don't drink too much and had a weekend "no walk, no wine" mantra. If I had a special occasion I didn't record cals for that but had to be careful as special occasions could be every week sometimes. Avoid sugary snacks - try to limit myself to a small biscuit with my tea before bedtime. Cook most meals at home from scratch. Eat out maybe once a week/fortnight. Put back on 28lbs over two years (last 14lbs was due to emotional eating when under a lot of stress). Back on track again and plan to be at goal by Christmas, if not earlier.
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    *bump* hoping for more motivation!
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    StrongHealthyPowerful Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Height: 5’3.5”
    SW: 184
    CW: 130
    GW: 125-120?
    Calories/day: 1200 is the goal

Eating back "exercise calories": I usually eat back a portion of them, but not all of them

Cheat day? At the moment I am not allowing a specific cheat day, but I have been allowing a couple indulgences here and there as long as they fit in my calories (usually I am able to fit in a square of chocolate or something)

Calories per workout? Usually between 350-450 calories, but I also recently started using a fitbit so those calories can add up too (sometimes up to 600-700 extra a day, which I don’t eat back).

Workouts? How frequently? I am a beginning runner, so that’s mostly what I’ve been doing, along with some strength training and ab workouts (situps, planks, etc)

How long? Four years ago I took off 55lbs in about 7 months, not while using MFP or counting calories (eating low carb, no sweets, lots of veggies and lean proteins, very little alcohol, regular workouts, etc). This winter I put 10-15lbs back on (due the polar vortex. haha) so I’ve been back on here for the past two months and have taken basically all of that off. I noticed my shape had changed a bit too (not for the better) so I’m really trying to tone up a lot more, and get more lean. I’d like to get into even better shape than I was when I originally lost weight, but a number on the scale isn’t my goal so much as being able to accomplish certain things, like running a 5k in under half an hour, or doing a pull up.

What are your stats? Good luck on your journey. :)
  • kwatson28
    kwatson28 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm 5'3"
    Starting weight: 170
    Current weight: 170
    Goal weight: 135
    How many calories do you eat a day? I eat about 1200-1300.
    Do you eat back "exercise calories"? Not really, there are times where I'll have some sweets or something. But for the most part, I tend to leave them be.
    Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? I will usually allow myself one cheat meal. Sometimes a cheat day if I am going out with family or something.
    On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? It really ranges for me. I burn about 100-200 doing some Pilates. But I will walk a lot and have been lifting. It truly varies because I can't log all of my walking I do.
    What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? I do Pilates everyday. I lift every other day. I walk everyday. I'm working on the running thing. I kind of stink at it.
    How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? I've been doing Pilates and a better diet for a little over a month and I haven't lost a single pound. Talk about disheartening :(
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Height (if not 5'3"):
    Current weight:
    Goal weight:

I find myself self sabotaging my results because they don't come fast enough. I'm currently working on that with a professional councilor. Any stats given would be greatly appreciated. :flowerforyou:

I'm 25, my starting weight was 127 back in January 2014, I'm now 121 lbs which was my goal weight. I generally eat around 1500 or so a day. That seems to be the amount that I need to eat in order to not feel hungry anymore. I don't normally eat back many of my exercise calories but I often have some fruit once I'm done.

I allow myself cheat snacks, meals, all of the time. I lost the 6 pounds by eating the foods that I want to. I just work them into my daily calorie goal.

I'm low-balling it but I'd say that I burn about 430 per workout. I exercise about 4 times a week and I mainly do the elliptical, pilates, some arm weights, lots of squats, leg kick-backs, things like that. I'd say that I realized I was down to 121 in April. So I guess three months or so, but I don't own a scale, so I may have hit that weight before without realizing.
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! This really helps! @Annieblack, You've made GREAT progress!! Congrats! @kwatson28 You're doing great too! Dont be discouraged!

My stats are:

Height: 5'3"
    Starting weight: 145 lbs
    Current weight: 142 lbs
    Goal weight: 125lbs
    How many calories do you eat a day? 1200-1400
    Do you eat back "exercise calories"? Nope, wondering if I should.
    Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? I usually have one cheat meal on Saturday nights.
    On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? Between 450-700
    What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? Bootcamp 2x/week, Personal training 2x/week, INSANITY group class 2x/week.
    How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? When I really go hard, I can loose 1lb-1.5lb a week.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2"
    SW: 142-143
    CW: 115-116
    GW: 115
    Started on MFP in Sept 2013
    Calories: 1200 + some of my exercise calories
    I am now in maintenance. I do have some cheat days or treats but try to keep within my weekly limit overall. I do Pilates/PiYo plus walking. If I do more exercises, I just up my calories a bit.
  • SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Height (if not 5'3"): 5'2.75"
    Starting weight: 209-212
    Current weight: 203 (give or take a lb)
    Goal weight: 115 (probably too low, going to hit 130 and see if I want to keep going)
    How many calories do you eat a day? 1300-1700 (my settings say 1500)
    Do you eat back "exercise calories"? If its a 1300 calorie day yes, I eat more, if I am at 1700 then no.
    Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? Every Sunday :)
    On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? 100-200, (but I am a workout newbie, doing a C25K right now)
    What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? C25K 3x a week
    How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? Weighed 212 on June 1st. So almost 2 months, but I didn't start tracking calories until July first, wanted to start a workout routine first, got used to it for a month, then cut food. so on July 1st I was 208-209, so 6lbs this month.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 186
    Current weight: 147
    Goal weight: 140-136
    How many calories do you eat a day? 1,7010
    Do you eat back "exercise calories"? I eat half back.
    Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? I don't restrict, I allow myself 20% of my daily calories to be whatever I want
    On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? 200? I'm not sure.
    What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? I go running every morning.
    How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? 6 months.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow 5'3" women! :)

Height (if not 5'3"): 5'3"
    Starting weight: 235
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 175 (first goal)
    How many calories do you eat a day?: 1,200-1,500
    Do you eat back "exercise calories"? Some of them...I try to net 1,200-1,400 calories per day.
    Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? Unfortunately yes. I have to reevaluate this, though.
    On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? Depends on the workout. Typically 200-400.
    What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? I try to take 30 minute walks as I can. I love yoga and need to get back into it again. I also love pole fitness classes!
    How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? A loooooooong time. I really struggle with weight loss. I have lost decent amounts of weight and then, doing the same things, have gained it back plus some. I'm working to find a strategy that works well for me consistently! :)
  • bygonezunthi
    bygonezunthi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 163+? I didn't want to look at the scale.
    Current weight: 151.8
    Goal weight: 125
    How many calories do you eat a day? At least 1200, mostly 1400.
    Do you eat back "exercise calories"? Yes I eat back half of my cardio workout. I also try to stay under 100g of carbs. That's what works for me.
    Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? I eat slightly more on the weekends and I allow myself to have a treat like ice cream, chocolate, wine or whatever just once a week
    On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? From 250 - 350
    What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? Weights, running, eliptical, biking, stair climber, more weights and long walks on the weekends. About 4-5 days a week
    How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? I have not been focused in the past (clearly) but that's changed these last couple weeks.
  • ErisDyscordia
    ErisDyscordia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Height (if not 5'3"): 5'2.5"

Starting weight: 126

Current weight: 120
    Goal weight: 105-115 (higher end if I decide to get a bit more muscle mass)

How many calories do you eat a day? About 1400-1600 when I exercise, and about 1200 when I don't.

Do you eat back "exercise calories"? I eat back a portion.

Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? I try not to, but I also don't stress if a day spent with friends or family causes me to go over. But I do not plan to cheat.

On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? About 400-500

What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? I do Krav Maga 4 days a week, and hockey lessons 1 day week.

How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? About 45 days.
  • frxgilefawn
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    Starting weight: 120
    Current weight: 112
    Goal weight: 100
    How many calories do you eat a day? it varies greatly, but usually around 800
    Do you eat back "exercise calories"? no
    Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? yes, but only on special occasions
    On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? around 200
    What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? mostly cardio like biking, walking, swimming every day as well as hot yoga once every two weeks
    How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? I started my weightloss journey in May 2013 and weighed 120 pounds. By September 2013 I had dropped down to 100 pounds. My weight fluctuated anywhere between 98 and 104 pounds until March 2014 when I began gaining weight again. I've maintained between 110-115 since May 2014 but hope to get back down to 100 pounds
  • moamcgoo
    moamcgoo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Height (if not 5'3"): 5'4''
    Starting weight: 152
    Current weight: 145
    Goal weight: 125
    How many calories do you eat a day? 1250
    Do you eat back "exercise calories"? Yes, I try to so that my body doesn't go into starvation mode but I listen to my body. If I'm not hungry I don't eat more. If I am, I do. Sometimes, if I'm under, I allow myself an extra snack or something on the weekend, because I'm considering net calories.
    Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? Weekends are cheat days for me. I generally go over my calorie allotment but also try to go to the gym both days and keep my meals pretty healthy. I just don't count on those days and go out to eat usually once or twice.
    On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? 200-300
    What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? Strength training at least 2x week, running at least 2x a week, zumba if I have time 1x a week (in lieu of running)
    How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? I started really trying to lose weight in February when I got engaged. It's been 5 months and I've lost 7 pounds but I think I have gained some muscle so I have probably lost about 9 lbs of fat.

I can't stress enough how much strength training has made a difference for me. I used to just do cardio but strength is what keeps your body burning calories all day long. Good luck!
  • kwatson28
    kwatson28 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! This really helps! @Annieblack, You've made GREAT progress!! Congrats! @kwatson28 You're doing great too! Dont be discouraged!

My stats are:

Starting weight: 145 lbs
    Current weight: 142 lbs
    Goal weight: 125lbs
    How many calories do you eat a day? 1200-1400
    Do you eat back "exercise calories"? Nope, wondering if I should.
    Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? I usually have one cheat meal on Saturday nights.
    On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? Between 450-700
    What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? Bootcamp 2x/week, Personal training 2x/week, INSANITY group class 2x/week.
    How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? When I really go hard, I can loose 1lb-1.5lb a week.

Thanks! I'm definitely trying. But my fiance says and I guess some others too, that I'm toning up and it looks like I'm losing. Too bad the scale says otherwise!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    you rang?
  • MBgoose36
    MBgoose36 Posts: 1
    Options
    Heigh: 5'3"
    Starting weight: 150
    Current weight: 140
    Goal weight: Whatever weight equals just that more toned and tight.

How many calories do you eat a day? 1200

I will sometimes eat a portion of them but only on days when my body actually requires them.

Only on birthdays.

I typically don't calculate how many calories I burn since I don't plan on eating "exercise calories" back anyway.

I do strength training three times a week, low intensity cardio for at least forty-five minutes a day, and, as a professional dancer, will be in class/rehearsal for at least four/five hours six days out of the week. I always leave Sunday for a relaxing post Church swim and some family time.

In complete honesty, losing weight has never been my goal; losing fat is. As I've been dancing more or less my entire life, I'm already very muscular and lean (as we all know, muscles weighs more than fat) but also very short for a dancer. My weakness has always been eating too much health food and therefore consuming way too many "good" calories that my body just wasn't using. Now I focus on eating lean proteins, lots of veggies, and very, very, few processed carbs/ dairy, if any at all, and MyFitnessPal helps me keep track of all that!

Congrats to you all for your hard work and determination. It gets tough when I don't see my body changing the way I want it to, but that's when victory gets that much sweeter when changes do start showin' up!:smile:
  • weavernv
    weavernv Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

Height (if not 5'3"):
    Current weight:
    Goal weight:

Height (if not 5'3"): 5'3"
    Starting weight: I was 214 about 4 years ago, but started on MFP at 184
    Current weight: 160
    Goal weight: 135
    How many calories do you eat a day? 1200-1300
    Do you eat back "exercise calories"? No
    Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? about once every couple of weeks. Too many this week though... ;0
    On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? 200
    What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? I walk and do the exercise bike. I'm going to start riding my bike this week.
    How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? This time around I have lost 13 lbs the last 3 months.

(Edited to correct a typo)
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Height (if not 5'3"): 5'3 3/4"
    Starting weight:215ish
    Current weight:145
    Goal weight:Not concerned about weight, more concerned about body fat%
    How many calories do you eat a day? Bulk phase 2500-3000, Cut phase-1500-2000
    Do you eat back "exercise calories"? If I feel like it
    Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? Cheat meal
    On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? 300-600
    What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? Lift & Cardio 5days
    How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? About a year
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 195 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs
    Goal weight: 130 lbs
    How many calories do you eat a day? 1300-1400
    Do you eat back "exercise calories"? Yes
    Do you allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day? Cheat meals or foods on occasion, cheat day only on special occasion
    On average, how many calories do you burn per workout? About 200
    What kind of workouts are you doing? How frequently? Jillian Michael 30 Day Shred a few days a week, strength training/lifting a few times a week, 30-60 minutes on elliptical or bicycle a few times a week.
    How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? 7 months