To much in my Oatmeal??

Options
124»

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Does it all fit into your calorie and macro goals? If so, then you're good to go.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Does it all fit into your calorie and macro goals? If so, then you're good to go.

this
  • oliverwnc
    oliverwnc Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I half agree with the people saying that it's fine if it hits your macros and also you've chosen good sources for your fats and carbs and so on.

However, I think it's really important to mention that your macros must be figured out using your lean weight, or just slightly more. Someone above said something which made me think that there was an idea that people with body fat to lose might eat more and still be in a deficit. It has to be a 500 calorie deficit from lean weight and only then can you work out your split of macros and decide whether those protein shakes post workout are necessary, whether the breakfast works and whether you're on course.

If you don't know how to do that or don't want to then feel free to reply and I'll help out.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I agree with wibutterflyma! its going to be harder to lose weight by adding all that oil to a bowl of oatmeal... its so unnecessary with all the other flavorful add ins you have already.. it doesnt add volume or anything for 280 calories... thats the amount of an additional meal! I mean you could have a huge plate of high protein eggs with your oatmeal for 280 calories

OP has already corrected that its 240 not 280. He's also got a calorie goal of 2400 calories. And as long as he says under his TDEE he will lose weight. Oil in his oatmeal or not. It is something he enjoys and hes made it fit into his day of you took the time to read the entire thread.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My breakfast post workout on workout mornings

Raisins 30g 87 cal
    PHD – Diet Whey 50g 182 cal
    1% milk 100ml 40 cal
    water 100ml 0 cal
    Oatmeal 40g 148 cal

Total 457 cals

Add warm water to oatmeal leave for an hour or overnight. Add milk and protein powder, stir, then microwave. 30 sec bursts until it gets to the temperature you want you want. Add or subtract water for consistency. Add raisins. Eat

43 g of protein, 7g fat, 54g carbs. And it keeps me going for some time. Hope it helps
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    the calories in your coconut oil is as much as my entire lunch, or dinner. Do you need it?
  • eric5577
    eric5577 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    the calories in your coconut oil is as much as my entire lunch, or dinner. Do you need it?

You only eat 120cal for lunch and dinner? WOW.....
  • eric5577
    Options
    So I am going to try this.

Oatmeal. 150
    Almond Milk, 60
    Egg Whites. 25
    Blueberries.45
  • lucasmcfadden
    lucasmcfadden Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i'd puree the berries to get max flavor, and drop the raisins.... though they are tasty.
  • lucasmcfadden
    lucasmcfadden Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ou! cinnamon too!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Never tried oatmeal soaked in Greek yogurt, but have tried the chia seeds like that. Love them. :smile:

I have done Chia seeds in Almond milk. That was pretty good!!! It is like a pudding!!!

Just curious...how did you prepare this?
    Ive never tried Chia seeds...only seen them grown on ceramic things (tv)...lol!
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    I read a little more of this thread.

This is usually what I have for b'fast:

1 chicken sausage= 100-130 cals(12grams of protein);depending on the brand
    1 egg= 70cals (7 grams of protein)
    1/2 cup of greek yogurt= 70 cals (11 grams of protein)

That runs about 275 cals/30 grams of protein. You could add 1 tblspn of coconut oil to the yogurt (I use 1/2 tblspn in my coffee). That puts you up to around 400...throw some blueberries in the yogurt, and you are still barely over 400 cals.

Ive tried looking for chicken sausage but Ive not been able to find them in my stores...where are you buying them at?
    How much do you get for what price?
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    The honey paired with the raisins may be bit much based upon what I have read about the way our bodies metabolize sugar. The body can only metabolize so much sugar per hour the rest is stored as fat. Using MFP made me realize how much sugar I was taking in from sugar in my coffee, sugar in my oatmeal, honey in my tea etc. I now use only raisins in my oatmeal. I've totally cut out coffee altogether and I drink unsweetened ginger tea. Maybe try alternating some of your additions to your oatmeal and occasionally go all out as a treat. Also, if you are just getting off work, aside from your walk are you then going to sleep on all those calories? That's another way your body will store all of those calories as fat. My morning meal normally consists of steel cut oats raisins and almond or coconut milk and cinnamon. I do 3/4 of a cup of oats but eat it over the course of three sittings over a couple of hours. About 600-700 calories.

Not to bed right away. I eat the Oatmeal around 5am, get home around 630am and walk. Get home arounf 730ish, make my wifes lunch, then do my choirs. I tend to hit the sack around 1030ish. Get up around 530, start dinner.

That's so sweet that you make your wifes lunch :smile:
  • eric5577
    Options
    The honey paired with the raisins may be bit much based upon what I have read about the way our bodies metabolize sugar. The body can only metabolize so much sugar per hour the rest is stored as fat. Using MFP made me realize how much sugar I was taking in from sugar in my coffee, sugar in my oatmeal, honey in my tea etc. I now use only raisins in my oatmeal. I've totally cut out coffee altogether and I drink unsweetened ginger tea. Maybe try alternating some of your additions to your oatmeal and occasionally go all out as a treat. Also, if you are just getting off work, aside from your walk are you then going to sleep on all those calories? That's another way your body will store all of those calories as fat. My morning meal normally consists of steel cut oats raisins and almond or coconut milk and cinnamon. I do 3/4 of a cup of oats but eat it over the course of three sittings over a couple of hours. About 600-700 calories.

Not to bed right away. I eat the Oatmeal around 5am, get home around 630am and walk. Get home arounf 730ish, make my wifes lunch, then do my choirs. I tend to hit the sack around 1030ish. Get up around 530, start dinner.

That's so sweet that you make your wifes lunch :smile:

She is not a morning person at all, and when she does not make her lunch, she goes to the cafe. Not saying she eats 3 steak and cheese, but at least I know she is eating good!! LOL.

I made the "Chia Seed Pudding" with 1.5cups milk, 1/3 cup chia seeds and 1tbsp of vanilla and some shaved almonds. Put it in a cup and mix it good, or you can blend it. Put it in the fridge over night. The chia seeds absord the milk and its like pudding. You can use Almond Milk, use any type of fruit or walnuts. I have heard you can even use Coca powder as well to make is Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding!!!

Chia seeds are good for you!! Lots or protein for a small seed, and cheep too. You can use them for anything. Use them as filling for meetballs, you can bread your chicken with them Use them in smoothies, which makes it a little thicker. More Omega-3's than salmon, fiber, and antioxidents. They are suppose to make you feel full also.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-chia?page=2

Another thing I make is a Chia Seed Drink. 1cup warm water, 3tbsp Chia seeds. Mix them together and let is sit over night. It forms a thick pudding like substance. Get your favorite juice, mix them 50/50 and you have a nice Chia seed drink!!!! Filling and energetic!!!!