looking for breakfast ideas

Options
Does anyone have any good breakfast ideas for quick meals in the am that taste good , low calories and keep you full. I am a working mom who has to get my kids ready in the am and have 5-10 min to get myself breakfast before out the door. Any ideas would help.
Remember: One day at a time!

Replies

• gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • bhalter80
    Options
    Eggs, 2 are 140 cal add some deli meat or an oz of cheese and you have a 5 minute omelet for < 300 cal
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i like oatmeal. It is filling and you can put it in the microwave if you don't have time to boil water!
  • EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have Quaker Oatso simple, it's less than 200 cals and fills me up.
  • jlutica
    jlutica Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal.
    I actully eat Oatmeal for lunch sometimes.
    If you get the box with the pouches that you can microwave they are usually only 130-150 calories depending what flavor you get.
    Its thick and fills you up.
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    I love the uncrustbale pb&j sandwiches that smuckers makes. I get the ones on whole wheat bread. I eat on the go to work as well and have that, a yoplait light yogurt and a banana and I am usually full for the morning. The sandwiches may be something your kiddos like too. I usually throw my breakfast and lunch together in a bag in the fridge and grab and go in the morning so I can eat at my desk and read my e-mails in the am. Good luck!
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    just got this off Hungry Girl
    Sweet Cheese 'n Apple iMug

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 188 calories, 3g fat, 506mg sodium, 15g carbs, 2g fiber, 9.5g sugars, 24.5g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 4*

A few of our favorites jumped into a mug together, and DELICIOUSNESS ensued...

Ingredients:
    1/3 Fuji apple, cored and chopped
    1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
    3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1 piece Mini Babybel Light cheese, chopped
    Optional: salt, black pepper, garlic powder

Directions:
    Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add chopped apple and onion and microwave for 1 minute, until slightly softened and warm.

Pat dry to remove excess moisture. Add egg substitute and gently stir. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.

Add cheese and gently stir. Microwave for about 1 minute, until scramble is set.

Mix well and, if you like, season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    you can pick up some pretty good meal replacements that are really low in calories and high in protein and keep you full from GNC. Mine kept me full for a few hours when it was about snack time anyway to keep yourself going. Grab the 90 calorie granola bar as a snack to help you through the day. I am a full time stay at home mom and I dont have much time for breakfast either lol I drink the meal replacement or half 1/2 a bagel with barely any cream cheese and its under 200 calories for breakfast. I hope this helps. You can get the little tubs of oatmeal too and you just add hot water to them whether at home or at work if you can. You can get meal replacement bars too whether at GNC or Special K has some as well but I havent tried those.
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    Mexi-licious Egg Mug

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 221 calories, 2.25g fat, 798mg sodium, 28g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 19g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 5*

One can NEVER have too many Mexican-inspired b-fast recipes. This one is an enchilada scramble for uno!

Ingredients:
    2 tbsp. chopped onion
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1/4 cup fat-free refried beans
    2 tbsp. canned diced green chilies (not drained)
    One 6-inch corn tortilla, torn into bite-sized pieces
    1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
    Optional topping: fat-free sour cream

Directions:
    Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add onion and microwave for 1 minute, until slightly softened and warm.

Pat dry to remove excess moisture. Add egg substitute and gently stir. Microwave for 1 minute.

Gently stir. Microwave for 30 seconds, until scramble is mostly set.

Gently stir in beans, chilies, tortilla, and cheese wedge, breaking cheese into pieces as you add it.

Microwave for about 45 seconds, until hot. Gently stir and, if you like, top with sour cream. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING
  • jlutica
    jlutica Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    Mug Foo Young

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 150 calories, 0.5g fat, 629mg sodium, 8g carbs, 1g fiber, 3g sugars, 27g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 3*

This may be the world's BEST egg mug. No kidding...

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup roughly chopped bean sprouts
    1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
    3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1 oz. cooked and chopped skinless lean chicken breast
    1 tbsp. chopped scallions
    1/2 tsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
    1/2 tsp. dried minced onion
    1/8 tsp. garlic powder
    2 tbsp. fat-free chicken gravy

Directions:
    Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add sprouts and mushrooms and microwave for 30 seconds, until slightly softened.

Pat dry to remove excess moisture. Add all remaining ingredients except gravy. Gently stir. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.

Gently stir and then microwave for about 1 minute, until scramble is just set.

Gently stir. Top with gravy and microwave for about 10 seconds, until gravy is warm. Dig in!

MAKES 1 SERVING
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of Malt O' Meal (orginial), its yummy, filling and only 130 cal per serving.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I keep Morning Star Veggie Sausage cooked up and in the fridge to throw in a two egg omelet with a little reduced fat cheese, then I roll that into a Whole Wheat tortilla. It is quite filling. You can also throw in peppers, onions, mushrooms, or whatever veggies you like. No time at all.
  • crobertson1916
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:

What does this mean?
  • emilychristinah
    Options
    I am not a morning person, so I always eat while en route to my job. I usually eat 1 or 2 granola bars. Some good ones are the South Beach Diet brand and Kashi. They taste good, are under 200 calories per serving, and have fiber and protein.
  • megano_d
    Options
    I love doing a bagel thin (110 cals) plus 1 TBS of Lite Cream Cheese (35 cals) or 1 laughing cow wedge and 1 egg as a bagel sandwich. Delicious and only 210 cals! I put hot sauce on mine for an extra kick.
  • FeistyKitty808
    FeistyKitty808 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mug Omelets! They are quick, simple and the kids can pick what they want to add. Google mug omelets and you will find many variations. Fun for the kids, quick easy clean up AND they can just eat them out of the mug on the go if necessary. You can use egg substitute if you want.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    bagel thin, 1/4 cup eggbeaters, veggie sausage patty. ready in 45 seconds in the microwave and under 250 cals.

breakfast tacos: egg beaters, fatt free cheese, onions, salsa in a corn tortilla
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal too... I get the lowered sugar instants and they are fabulous.

Another good idea is hard boiled eggs. You can boil and peel them ahead of time, keep them in a baggie in your fridge and they are perfect grab and go meals. Especially with some pre-cooked turkey bacon or sausage.

Also, as a mom who is constantly on the run for my kindgartener, I keep a stash of almonds and rice cakes in my center console of my car. When I feel my sugar drop and my irritation peak, I grab a handful of nuts or a rice cake to stretch out my breakfast calories and it keeps me sane. :)
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    So, here's my weird thing-- I scramble the fake eggs (egg beaters and/or egg white product) when I have time (on the weekend or one evening) and put them in the fridge.
    In the morning, I warm some of the eggs in the microwave and add the Kraft Fat Free Cheddar Cheese. Toast a slice of the Natures Own 35 calories per slice bread and make a little sandwich. It's very filling and comes in just over 100 calories.