I Need Help

Options
I need some friends to help me stay motivated.

Replies

• karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This app is awesome, what do you need help with??
  • Erius
    Erius Posts: 23
    Options
    Friend invite on the way!
  • aesquivel47
    aesquivel47 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    here's what has worked for me. set a goal, how much do you want to lose by when? describe why? use this to stay focused. then start with 3 simple things. 1. journal everything you eat 2. drink your daily dose of water 3. choose the active route (take stairs, park farther away, be the first to jump up and get the phone)
  • barberella
    Options
    I'll be your friend :). didn't that sound pathetic? LOL.. Anyway, the greatest motivation last year when I dropped 30 pounds was having a "diet buddy". Despite her being 5 hours away, we texted, emailed, FB, talked on phone constantly to each other to keep motivated. We communicated when we felt tempted by food, and felt too lazy to work out. I always knew that if I wanted to eat taco bell at lunch, I could let her know and she would talk me out of it...But now, she's not as motivated, and I wish I had that support like I used to..It so helped...
    Now, over the summer, I have gained those 30 pounds back, and have found every excuse to just keep putting on weight. I feel like I'm finally at that mental state where I'm dedicated to losing weight like I was before. That is probably the hardest part to achieve. And despite, I play racquetball 4-5 times a week, and lift weights at my desk during work, and eat well throughout the day, and get on my Wii fitness games, I have no one to talk to about my screw ups, temptations, how I drink too much, etc..My boyfriend is wonderful, but he just keeps telling me he thinks i'm sexy regardless..That is NOT motivation!!!!!!!

HELP ME TOO!