Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    i want to hug OP
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    About a year ago, I had an egg thrown at me from a car full of teenagers when I was on my walk. It missed, but narrowly. I was annoyed, but that was about it. They were just kids doing stupid things. It was the only time in years of walking that I've had an issue with kids on my walk. I have had full grown men do that catcall thing from their cars though, which is just weird and always puzzles me.

Try and remember the dumb things you might have said or done (and regretted) as a teen. I imagine there are one or two. Most of us grow up to be embarrassed about our teenage idiocy.

Don't take it personally.

:flowerforyou:
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If it happens again, just shout back "SORRY ABOUT YOUR PENIS!" Works like a charm. :-)

Thanks for the laugh...I needed it :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    You learned something today.

You live near idiots. And that's all.

This +1
  • skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The original trolls lean out of car windows. When I used to bike home from school people would honk their horns at me as they were coming up behind me just to get me to jump!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I got that working in my back yard. It's open to a busier street and I got 'Cow Calls' as the car sped by. Not a great ego booster for sure. I say go for another walk, empower yourself :)
  • Skateboarderfan
    Skateboarderfan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well if they mooed at you, they'd oink at me, but honestly I don't care. Look at it this way. They must not have much going on in their lives to slow down enough to mooo... twice! sounds like Just a bunch of bored and lonely teens.
  • tgsoe
    tgsoe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The truth of the matter is, let's face it, you were out and about, not at home on the couch gorging yourself on Ben and Jerrys.

I only wish that strangers who are supportive were more open to speaking out, then you'd be feeling a whole lot better about yourself - like yesterday afternoon. My partner David and I were doing fun intervals (we take turns in kicking the football as far as we can and race eachother to it - I always lose, but I love it!) in the park, and there was a lady who was a bit larger (she'd recently had a baby) doing laps.

I said to David, I just want to stop her and give her a cuddle and congratulate her for looking so amazing and say she's doing a great job....but I didn't, and now I regret that, because that could have been the little thing that puts those feet one in front of the other for one extra lap. I know she'll get to that 'extra lap' and then the 'extra lap' on that 'extra lap', but there is nothing better than hearing what you need to hear, instead of criticism that is unfounded.

The world is to quick to criticise.

Oh, and you also learned you live near idiots.
  • beautyandbraaains
    beautyandbraaains Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A teenage boy would call a skinny girl fat, just to get a reaction or to look tough in front of their friends.

Something I want to share... Last year I had lost about 20 lbs. I went on vacation and had pictures taken. I was disgusted at my pictures. Even though I had been doing good, I was definitely no where close to where I wanted to be. I let that get to me and eventually stopped caring, thinking it was never good enough. Here I am, back at my starting weight. My point is, always keep your goal in mind. Don't worry about what others say and don't focus too hard on your weight currently. Keep your goal in mind.... and always applaud yourself for as far as you have come.

Boys suck. :)
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I used to let things like that bother me, but by letting their comment affect me, I am assigning power over my life to them.

If someone is such a d-bag, would you let them decide your life's path?

Plus, one of the previous posters is right. Dog Beast is loving every moment of walking with you, and loving you so much for it. That is something to cherish.
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    All the touchy freely is nice, but in reality, it still hurts when people say stupid stuff to you and there's nothing at all wrong with admitting that, even as an adult. What they did was stupid. It hurt you and pissed you off. And that's ok. As long as you move past it, that's perfectly normal. Now go kick *kitten* in the rest of your day.

Voice of reason!
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of nice kids out there. I meet a lot of them on my five mile loop around our small town. They are on their way to the pool, skateboarding, riding bike, roller blading or just plain hanging out. Most smile and say hi. I hope to never have a hurtful experience like yours. Hold your head up and be confident.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    As someone who works with teenagers - they, especially when out in groups, have *no idea* how their actions affect others.

I'm a bit in awe of anyone who would choose to work with today's teens. I don't quite get the lure but there must be something tolerable about it at least. Right? What that would be though, I just don't know. Must be the fat paycheck and the courteous parental cooperation. :indifferent: Oh well. There are good teens undoubtedly. The ones that require the least attention probably or rarely speak up in any event. Poor kids. At least they stay busy with their electronic devices for the most part, so as to not bother the rest of us. Except when they're driving apparently. I mean when they're not texting and driving and then the little b*st*rds start with the mooing.

They're really not as bad as most people think. They can be obnoxious when in groups but in a setting where they drop all the bravado they're usually very nice. People just notice the ones in public that are showing off and being obnoxious, and even with most of those it's just a front and trying to be macho and they'll grow out of it. I've only met a very small number of truly unpleasant teenagers and they generally fall into two categories - very troubled young people who you really hope will get enough therapy to help them be functioning adults and not end up in jail, or spoiled brats whose sense of entitlement and inability to cope with people telling them "no" about anything makes them think they have the right to treat everyone else (other kids and adults) like dirt. They are in the minority though. Most teenagers are nice, although you sometimes have to see past the bravado to see them as they really are.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

When people become adults I'm thinking they have those same exact critical thoughts, they just won't tell you them. They keep them hidden, but I can still feel them. At least teenages are out with it, and I don't have to guess about how critical they are.

It's impossible to know what people are really thinking. It's more like you're projecting your own feelings on to those people.
    But no matter what they're thinking, if they're not going out of their way to be mean or harass people, their thoughts really aren't relevant.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I snuck a peek at your pics. You're nothing to moo at. Maybe they were moo'ing at your dog? You called him a beast... must be a big one!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I snuck a peek at your pics. You're nothing to moo at. Maybe they were moo'ing at your dog? You called him a beast... must be a big one!

That was my thought, too! I did the same thing - looked at your pictures and I can't see where the "moo" would be directed at you!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your pictures and besides the fact they are a$$es, they are crazy a$$es. You have a very nice shape. I'm with others, no idea what they were moo'ing at.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options

That was my thought, too! I did the same thing - looked at your pictures and I can't see where the "moo" would be directed at you!

No one, not matter what their shape, is something to Moo at! BTW OP...you do look great in your pic!