just binged now i hate my self

Options
title says it all went prob 1500 cal over

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    1500 may seem bad at the moment, but you've stopped and that's what's important. Tomorrow is a new day. Don't try to restrict further or exercise more to offset it because that starts a dangerous cycle.

http://www.niashanks.com/20-tips-binge-eating/
  • TLIVIGNSTON
    TLIVIGNSTON Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yea i hear ya, i ate some maccas last night now today i feeling it.... but now im really looking forard to smashing the gym after work untill i feel a lil better :) skinny lunch and skinny dinner for me today though.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    303enfield: Don't hate yourself, it is very counter productive and stressing yourself out is not going to help. Think about why you over ate and try to learn from that. Be kind to yourself we have all over ate at some point and we are all human. It is not being perfect that gets us to goal but perseverance to get through the rough days. Good luck.
  • kn0thomeyet
    kn0thomeyet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can relate. I am good for a few days then bad for a few days. And the cycle repeats. Wish I could get off the roller coaster!
  • stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No biggy you set your self back a day or 2.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Dont hate yourself!! Thats what causes the binge cycle to continue!!

You'll be ok, its not as bad as you think. Start here. http://brainoverbinge.blogspot.com/2012/06/tips-for-beginners.html
  • MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I went over yesterday too by almost 400 cals. Couple different customers brought me an XL Timmies double, double. Can't say no to that.
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I get it. I went over yesterday by almost 500. I regretted it too, and I started to do the same today out of pure grief. I got out of it though. I told myself if I want something bad I am going to have to earn it. So I corrected today. Took the dog for a healthy walk. Go do some healthy things to pep you up and get your mind off your little mistake. Ya just gotta spend the rest of the week eating away at the extra 1200.
  • judipatootie
    judipatootie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is a new day...just move on from today. 1500 seems like a lot. and if you did it every day of course you would start going backwards. but i doubt it will have any lasting effect. Now just leave it in the past- drop the guilt, and have a better day tomorrow.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    me too, have to try again, but tomorrow is a Sargent retirement dinner, so that will be a wash too!!
  • TLIVIGNSTON
    TLIVIGNSTON Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yea i hear ya, i ate some maccas last night now today i feeling it.... but now im really looking forard to smashing the gym after work untill i feel a lil better :) skinny lunch and skinny dinner for me today though.
  • kaseofthemondays
    Options
    I feel you. Sometimes you just NEED those MFing mozzarella sticks. I am currently following BeachBody's 21 Day Fix diet and exercise program. While it IS a great program, is focuses on clean eating and portion control, and the combination sometimes leaves me hungry and unsatisfied. The best piece of advice I have heard in regard to dieting came from Jenna Marbles, "If there is something you are craving, just eat it. Eat that Snicker's bar, b*tch!" Or something like that, idk, I may have added the expletive. Obviously you need to consume binge-y foods in moderation, but if you are on a diet and you need something to take off the edge, just eat it! It will stop you from binging in the future and eating 6 Snicker's bars in one sitting rather than eating one Snicker's bar after an intense workout.

Also, I really want a Snicker's Blizzard.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Try not to be too upset with yourself, I know it seems like the end game right now but it really isn't. This happens to everyone at one point on their journey I'd reckon. Just log it all and own up to it, use it as a learning experience and don't beat yourself up!! Its just extra fuel for a kick *kitten* workout in the future!
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Everyone blows thru their calorie goal every now and then. No big deal just make certain that on the majority of days you stay within it. Calories in versus calories out.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Rather than looking at your calories from a daily aspect look at them from a weekly total. Like many say go over 1 day, but tomorrow is a fresh new day, compensate over the rest of the week. I just ate a cheddar cheese sausage that put me over but I just eat a little less from every meal over the week 8) Don't be afraid to over indulge , just try and not make it a daily thing. You can do it, don't beat yourself up over it. Stay focused on your goals. Good Luck
  • benjaminlight
    benjaminlight Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had a really awful day today too.

Tomorrow - new slate. New day - stick to the plan.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Thats nothing. Really. It's one day and you didn't even do that much damage. The important part is getting back on the wagon and staying on. Sometimes i'll get this ridiculous "well since i went over my calories, i screwed up. Time to cheat!" mentality. I have literally gone over my calories by only 100 before and gone on 2-3 day binges where i ate 10,000 extra calories and spent the next week losing the weight.

Just get back on and focus on your goal. Or you'll end up like me wasting an entire year to making excuses and worrying over every little thing
    http://youtu.be/4EOoaWl4GjI

You're better than that. Accept that you fail sometimes and keep at it
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    title says it all went prob 1500 cal over

What would you say to your best friend if they went 1500 cal over? Would you be encouraging and empathetic? I am sure you wouldn't hate your best friend for eating a little too much either. Treat yourself the way you would treat them and I am sure you will be over this quickly. :smile:
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    1500 calories won't even equal a pound. You haven't done any major damage. So, don't beat yourself up too bad. We've all been there. The best thing you can do is start tomorrow fresh. You don't need to compensate by eating way below… nor do you need to kill yourself on a workout. Just start fresh. I love watching the day start over at midnight on MFP. The calorie count resets. You totally have a blank slate. Just make tomorrow better. A binge is only a problem when it leads to giving up.