What is your why

Replies

• drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    For myself. In the last two years a major family crisis made me lose and then regain 25 pounds and wrecked havoc on my sleep, mind set, stomach--my whole self is a mess. I am tired of always being tired and not feeling comfortable in my clothes. Right now I am at 154. My goal is 140 or just under. I've lost 6 pounds since June 30. I'll be 44 in October and I don't want to be a soft and flabby middle aged person. I don't need to be a supermodel, but I can be better.
  • Eselte
    Eselte Posts: 49
    Tired of being fat.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Because of that look of total despair and disgust I see when I look at my belly in the mirror, then back up at my face.
  • walker306
    walker306 Posts: 92 Member
    I am tired of being over weight. I was very thin in high school (which was 100 years ago) and never pictured myself being 50 lbs overweight. The reason why I want to lose weight is because I am on cholesterol meds, blood pressure meds and triglyceride meds. Right now I am not diabetic but I think that could be next. So, I don't want to take meds anymore. To do that, I have to lose weight. I want to be able to live without worrying about my health. I have worked for 28 years and retirement is getting closer and I want to live a little more carefree as far as my health goes.

It's time to get serious! I was able to put the weight on…I want to be able to take it off. Plain and simple!

I really am enjoying MFP and feel it is a very useful tool for me. This message bard is very helpful as well.
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    To be comfortable, confident and happy! To not be afraid to go up on stage and sing Kareokee because in my mind everyone will be too busy staring at my stomach and arms! To not be afraid to attempt to go on a roller coaster in case I couldn't fit (a humiliating thing my mom went through in front of a large crowd of people).l I want to dance like a kid and feel like a real elegant lady at a nice dinner. I want to feel the pool or beach water against my stomach not my shirt! I want me to find me and be me with all of me!
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    The only reason has to be YOU, otherwise you won't stick with it. You can have your secondary reasons but really this journey is about yourself, the kind of life you want to live, the example you're leaving with others, etc.

And it's all your choice. Fat and unhealthy or fit and healthy.
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    I just dont want to turn out like my Mum/Nan (pretty much most of the other females in my family), I almost need to prove that its not a genetic excuse. My Great-Aunt died on the op table basically due to her weight. I refuse to go like that!
    I also would love to be a total sexy-pants for DH, he may be proud of me for having our kids but I'm sure he'd be prouder if I was a little smaller with it too.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    honestly....

i want to have more fun
    i want to wear better clothes
    i want my son to do as i do not as i say
    i want to like looking at myself
    i am addicted to the endorphin rush of workouts
    and if i am honest it is that i love working out. which surprises me.
    if i wasnt enjoying it so much i may not have continued this long.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    To be a better wife, to be healthy enough to run around after my family, to look and feel better, to enjoy a more active lifestyle, to not feel held-back by my weight and to make myself proud :)

Kaela x
  • For ME :smile:
    To wear cute clothes
    To look great when ever I get married (the dress)
    to take pictures again
    For my future husband/kids :heart:
    To be fit
    So my cost of health insurance can go down lol (really though)
    to rub it in my ex's face :bigsmile:
    to go to social events again instead of staying in the house :drinker:
    Just so I can be HAPPY!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Because I really hated being fat.
  • Girlg0yle
    Girlg0yle Posts: 131 Member
    I don't want to be a fat lady.

I do want
    Good health, more energy, less pain, improved body image, to wear cute clothes, like myself naked again, flirt, live a long life, encourage other people.
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Because I want to look like a warrior princess :)
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    I do it for me, I like the way I feel when I'm feeling good. I also do it for my son...as a full time single mom, I feel he needs a good example of healthy, and I am the best option since I'm mom and dad.
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    -Self confidence!
    -Better health!

Lots of goals I want to accomplish and things I'd like to do again!
  • trublutopaz
    trublutopaz Posts: 70 Member
    My why is that I want to live long enough to see my grandkids grow up, see my own kids succeed and retire so I can paint and draw and maybe sell my work.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    I don't want to struggle to breath and struggle to walk like my older(obese) relatives and friends. I want to be a better role model for my wife and son and sisters and parents.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    So that in the future, I won't grunt when I bend over.
  • cokefloat1
    cokefloat1 Posts: 86 Member
    Health reasons - high blood pressure, diabetes and heart problems all in the family

I actually love exercise, just need to rearrange my life to make sure I can do it

More energy for when I become a dad in a couple of months!!!!!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    To find my viking in bloody armor.

No...

To KEEP my viking in bloody armor when I find him.

:-)