green tea

Options
pigiaki
pigiaki Posts: 40 Member
Hello!I have done much research but i havent found an aswer to my question so i wanted to ask here.Does green tea helps you lose weight ,increasing your metabolism due to caffein, or it is just a myth?

Replies

• Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    No. Myth.
  • pigiaki
    Options
    Thanks for your time :happy:
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    The impact is very small and it's not from caffeine.

If you enjoy green tea, go ahead and drink it but don't expect it to have significant impact on your weight loss.
  • NeedToBeThin19
    Options
    Well, it has 0 calories and defiantly won't do anything to stop you from loosing weight and it will help you not binge which is good in itself. But with the fact of speeding up your metabolism I can't be sure. I've heard that it can speed up your metabolism but I haven't done much research on the topic.
    Hope that helped :)
  • pigiaki
    Options
    I have actually read that it can increase your metabolism 4% but im not sure and that's why i asked
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have actually read that it can increase your metabolism 4% but im not sure and that's why i asked

There are studies that show some effects like that, but you'd float away before consuming enough green tea to see it. :wink:

It's not going to hurt you and it may have some marginal benefit to weight loss. I wouldn't drink it in hopes of seeing those marginal benefits though.
  • pigiaki
    Options
    I dont actually drink it and i was thinking of starting but neither do i believe its like a magical potion which helps with weight loss :tongue:
  • JPClyde
    JPClyde Posts: 2
    Options
    It is said if drunk cold, like iced, your body burns a few extra calories to warm up the drink. I don't think green tea helps much with weight loss only in that it has 0 calories but, it does contain antioxidants and other good properties. In a sense it could beneficial to have a glass a day.
  • upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    Options
    Green tea is the healthiest beverage on the planet for sure,as it has 0 calorie and lots of health benefits. It is loaded with antioxidants and various substances that are beneficial for health. The most important of these is EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate), a substance that can boost metabolism, increase fat burning and help you lose weight.

But this beverage is mainly helpful for those, who can't survive without tea/coffee/soda etc. They can replace their beverage to green tea. This way their daily calorie intake will be less. I personally don't like green tea and not addicted to any of the beverages so i don't need it. For increasing metabolism i prefer high protein breakfast , several small meals in a day and high intensity workout.
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Myth but it is good for you as long as its not full of pesticides. :brokenheart: Try organic if you can get it.:sad:
  • moautry
    moautry Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It won't improve metabolism as much as dieting slows metabolism permanently.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm taking green tea extract pills... and I can't tell the difference between when I take them and when I don't take them. They are supposed to be as strong as 5 cups of green tea.
  • 51ana1988
    51ana1988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    a few of my work friends drink this stuff religiously not to help dieting but to detox their bodies due to the antitoxins and other benefits ... me personally I'd rather drink water ... that stuff tastes nasty .... they recon it is palatable with a sweetener popped in. x
  • dj1skywalker
    Options
    I like your response, upasanaD! Definitely helps with decreasing other beverages that aren't as healthy.
  • dj1skywalker
    Options
    Love your response, kerbsideat66! I would try the organic to start and receive full benefits.