Bodymedia Vs Polar loop and H7

Options
Hello!!

I have 56 days left of my current Bodymedia subscription and I am faced with a bit of a conundrum.

Basically, I am poor.

I love my Bodymedia but having to pay to use the software is starting to grate a bit. I spotted the Polar Loop and H7 and had a look at it. It looks good, in theory. I love that it is bluetooth so can sync faster than my Bodymedia but I don't know just how accurate it will be as it doesn't say what the sensors are or anything.

Have any of you swapped from one to the other? Or do you use a Loop currently?

Please help! I am a bit stuck as to what to do. I will either get a year subscription to Bodymedia or buy a Loop and H7 with the last of the money I have. In a year I maybe flush with cash but I doubt it, however I do not want to swap my Bodymedia for something that is not as good just because it is free. The water proof thing may be useful in the future but it isn't now. I should say that I will need to be logging food and activity for the rest of my life due to issues with food and that is why I am looking at the long haul with these things.

Thank you very much for any help!!

Replies

• icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    What? Nobody?

Bump!!!
  • icemaiden17_uk
    Options
    Bumping again!
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't tried the others. I have the bodymedia as well but mine will link with my phone.

When I did my research recently, I found the others are good....but none met the same level as the bodymedia.,

The monthly charge stinks.....but I am sticking with mine.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    Options
    Thanks for this!

Because my Bodymedia is technically a KiFit it doesn't sync unless you plug it into a PC. Bit of a pain. i do love it though. Thats why I want more info before I seriously consider swapping it for something else.
  • dempseymom4
    dempseymom4 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just switched to the loop and LOVE IT!!!! So glad I changed and I realized that Bodymedia was overestimating my calorie burn on things like the elliptical and wasnt even tracking burn for body pump classes. I love that it is a band not on my arm and I can instantly see my steps, calorie burn and how much more I need to go in order to reach my goal. It stinks it is not compatible with MFP but not a big deal. I really like the Polar Flow website as well.