How long do you all fast for over night?

Options
8pm to 8am? 6pm to 9am? Various? What feels good for you guys? I was just wondering if it's good to give your body at least 12 hours to do it's thing, or if it doesn't really matter. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter when you eat your calories.

In general, I guess I don't eat between about 8PM and 5 or 6AM. I'm not trying to do that; I just don't tend to snack after dinner.
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I usually have a midnight snack, usually a Quest or Nakd bar even at around 2am. I'm a student and stay up late. :bigsmile: Then have breakfast around half 6-7am coz I'm usually starving so I guess my fasts are tiny!
  • glc1990
    glc1990 Posts: 22
    Options
    Yeah same as 126siany - I tend to stop eating latest 9pm and I won't eat again til around midday but that's just my personal preferance and I don't 'aim' to not eat between those times. Though it varies and I might eat breakfast every now and then if I feel like it.
  • DiannaJS
    DiannaJS Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I found the weight loss was better the longer the gap between food. I am not as disciplined as I was originally but usually have last meal around 6 or 7pm (although sometimes do eat a little after that) and then I skip breakfast and lunch (but not my coffee) and have a meal around 6 or 7pm the next night. opps thought this was about 5:2 should have read correctly.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    I usually have a snack at 8:30-9, and have breakfast at 6:30.
  • honey_tequila
    honey_tequila Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I rarely snack after dinner (besides cups of tea) so its usually 6.30pm-7.30am.
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    8pm to 8am? 6pm to 9am? Various? What feels good for you guys? I was just wondering if it's good to give your body at least 12 hours to do it's thing, or if it doesn't really matter. Thanks in advance.

Over time, it makes no difference. If I consumed ALL my calories for a day in one sitting, some would get transiently stored, but as i went through the rest of my day, if I ate nothing else, those stores would be depleted by the calories I burned doing my "DAY".

I eat last snack 8PM and breakfast is at 5AM. I have tried intermitant fasting and going to 2 PM from the night before. Didnt make a significant dissfernece to my bodyweight trends AT ALL!

:huh: :indifferent:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I generally don't eat when I'm asleep as it's a choking hazard. Though one day I was dreaming about marshmallows and when I woke up my pillow was gone.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    i fast 3 24 hour cycles each week. fasting has tremendous benefits