Breakfast help!!!

Options

Replies

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    We have bacon (well Turkey rashers) and eggs at the weekend, i couldn't eat that every day could I? :O
    why not? I've done it for long periods before. currently i have the same exact breakfast every morning. toasted english muffin with peanut butter. in fact, i pretty much eat the same food every single day. and i love it.
  • johnandkymberley
    johnandkymberley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks, hubby won't eat muesli or granola tho with the yoghurt?! Is there anything I could put in the yoghurt except fruit?
  • johnandkymberley
    Options
    I don't know if I could cook bacon and eggs every morning, it would make me feel like I've eaten loads if that makes sense?!

What about homemade muffins? Like the seeded ones? I have got a recipe for them and they are 200 calories or less as they have a couple of variations in the book. Would that be ok? Xx
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    I don't know if I could cook bacon and eggs every morning, it would make me feel like I've eaten loads if that makes sense?!

What about homemade muffins? Like the seeded ones? I have got a recipe for them and they are 200 calories or less as they have a couple of variations in the book. Would that be ok? Xx
    nope, doesn't really make sense at all.
  • chloe2300
    chloe2300 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So if I incorporate 100g 0% fat Greek yoghurt, 25g of red grapes and then a breakfast biscuit or muesli bar?? They are good to grab if we run late too? Is that a better breakfast? Or cut the biscuits/yoghurt ?

Adding the Greek yoghurt is definitely better than just having grapes. You could add more/different fruits to the yoghurt plus nuts. If you're looking to add a carb to it I'd recommend shredded wheat instead of the breakfast biscuits. A serving is 164 calories, 1g fat, 5g fibre, and 0.3g of sugar so it's much healthier. If you're running late why not just grab fruit?
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

nope, doesn't really make sense at all.

She'd feel full because she's only eating 850 calories a day. :sad:
  • johnandkymberley
    Options
    Thanks Chloe, yeah the fruit is usually just grapes though and I pre weigh them into sandwich bags to make sure I don't eat too many!!! What do you think about the seeded muffin idea?
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I buy Rise bars online. its only 3 ingrediants - almond butter, whey protein, and honey ( to hold it together)... give me the protein and carbs I need before my workout. with a 2 year old and a newborn its my saviour to make sure i eat in the morning.. and they taste good. you could just make your own with same ingredients, but i know i wont lol
  • johnandkymberley
    Options
    Personally eggs and bacon won't fit into my routine and working life (mon-fri). It never has and never will. Fact.

I was/am fine eating my bag of grapes every morning but I have realised, thanks to the people on here that I could be eating more and benefitting from it too. Hence just needing a little but of guidance, Thankyou to all the people who have been helpful :)
  • BeginningAgainMay14
    BeginningAgainMay14 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The thing is, most of the breakfast suggestions people are going to offer, if you want to keep them lower in carbs ,will involve more cooking.

What about hard boiling 10-12 eggs on the weekends and using them for grab and go during the week? Individually wrapped cheese sticks are good for a super quick breakfast, or you can just slice your own cheese and weigh it. I agree with everyone else that Greek yogurt with fruit (especially berries) is a nearly unbeatable breakfast. Egg salad on whole wheat toast with a slice of fresh tomato is a great breakfast too.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Assuming your diary is accurate, you can eat a lot more than sub 1k cals and lose just fine. If you're not hungry in the morning, skip breakfast and eat more later in the day, if you find your self hungry in the morning but don't want to spend time cooking, you can premake breakfast burritos, pancakes etc, freeze them and just reheat in the morning
  • chloe2300
    chloe2300 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Definitely :) I love fruit and seed muffins for breakfast!! I make mine with wholemeal flour, yoghurt, fruit (apple purée, banana, raisons and raspberries) and poppy and sunflower seeds. Depending on the amount/type of fruit you use they can be quite high in sugar which you may need to consider when planning food for the rest of the day. They also freeze really well. I do a massive tray bake, portion, freeze, and then defrost in the microwave - 2 mins and I've got a delicious, warm home made muffin for breakfast :)
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    The thing is, most of the breakfast suggestions people are going to offer, if you want to keep them lower in carbs ,will involve more cooking.
    quoted for emphasis. you're getting good suggestions OP, so use them.
  • johnandkymberley
    Options
    quoted for emphasis. you're getting good suggestions OP, so use them.

Yes, Thankyou I can see that!!!
  • ntime60
    ntime60 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like variety.

Mornings when I'm short on time, I eat a Nature Valley Cinnamon or Oats n Honey granola bar, they are 180 cals, along with a cup of coffee with 2tsp Ideal sweetener (xylitol) 0 cals.

A few times a week I eat Steel cut oats, with cinnamon, 1 tsp homey, and vanilla extract. 170cal. sometimes I add a fruit, banana, apple, or berries of some type.

Weekends I splurge a bit with 4 slices (172cal) of bacon or 3 sausage links (142cal), and a couple eggs for 250cal, slightly less for sausage. (no bread or potatoes of any type)
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My go-to is four egg organic or free range egg whites (I don't like egg yolk)
  • johnandkymberley
    Options
    Cheese sticks? I never would of thought of that as a breakfast?
    The egg boiling is a good idea and the burritos. I don't know if I could eat a while one but I will try!! What do you put in burritos? Egg and tomato?
    I think the muffins will go down well with hubby and the yoghurt and berries is something that we could do daily.

To posters, I am aware you are giving me ideas and good ones at that!! I'm trying to absorb everything so I can implement it in my life, I will need to go shopping now!! Xxx
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Why not boil a dozen or two eggs so they are their to grab and go!? An egg, some yogurt and grapes gets you some protein to hold you over a bit...

I've gotten out of the mindset of needing to eat 'breakfast foods' for breakfast only...

I often do eggs, bacon or sausage, and a veg and a good fat like avocado,
    Or a cottage cheese egg scramble
    Or ham egg cups done in muffin tin in oven do I can grab all week.
    Left overs from supper ( protein, veg)

Protein and good fats keep me full til lunch :)
  • Cheyenne_K_
    Cheyenne_K_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you dont have time in the morning, make egg muffins! I put spinach or tomatoes or sauteed onions, with about 2 eggs and 12 egg whites, bake at 400 for about 15-20 mins. They heat up in the microwaves in 20 seconds are great for rushing out the door with.
  • Hannah7783
    Hannah7783 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My new favourite breakfast is Coco-Nutty Granola, you can find the recipe on the I Quit Sugar website. I use honey rather than Rice Malt Syrup, and I use only half the coconut oil it suggests. I have half a cup of it with half a cup of Greek yogurt. Can be a bit high in calories if you have more than half a cup, but it's a pretty healthy recipe and the nuts and coconut oil mean I often don't get hungry until late afternoon, so the calorie budget balances out.

Also, its really easy to make, and you can make a big batch so you can just use it like normal cereal. I think you can freeze it too, although I havent tried that myself!

http://iquitsugar.com/recipe/coco-nutty-granola/

Its nutritious, energising and super tasty!!