Replies

• rAc_hEl
    rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jussy123
    jussy123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight after my babies. I am 5'8", and went from around 155 pre-pregnancy to around 130-132 now. I gained a minimal amount of weight during my pregnancies (under 20lb for each of them).

Being at home is a very difficult thing sometimes with snacking. You often are probably grazing without realizing it. Also, I don't know if you are nursing, but I was insatiably hungry when I was, and I ate a ton of food.

If I were you, I would try to take it easy (you have a lot going on!), and focus on honestly logging all your weighed and measured foods, and trying to stay within your calorie limits. As for exercise, start out with going for brisk walks with baby in the stroller. There are a lot of mommy stroller walk groups around, and some of them walk fast!

If you do these two things (log, and regular brisk walks with baby), I think you will see good improvement.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I had trouble losing weight while breastfeeding - it was a hard balance between eating enough to not impact my supply and eating too much! Then my supply went nuts and I was super hungry all the time!!

But I logged what I ate and worked out slowly, built myself back up and forgave myself for lack-of-sleep induced cookie feasts.

Consistent logging is what worked for me :flowerforyou:
  • replesco
    replesco Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 4 months old and it has been HARD with this one. I was at my pre-preg weight at 4 weeks with my first and I'm still 8 lbs away with this one. I stopped BF at 2 weeks and I know that had an impact. I'm logging every bite of food that I eat and no longer nibble on the oldest's leftovers (this was a huge problem for me in the past). I'm trying to run 3 times a week and go to the gym for a class at least once but preferably 3 times a week as well. It is slow going, but it will happen :smile:
  • sstermole
    sstermole Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 7 months old now. I was fortunate enough to lose the baby weight pretty quickly, but I was overweight to begin with so started working on that. I think the biggest thing is getting yourself motivated and ready. I don't know what it was this time around but something just clicked and i stuck to it for 6 months, losing 42 pounds! I had a stressful June and early July and am just now dragging myself back on track. It's hard to get going but once you do, its easier to keep up.

Getting support and having that accountability is key. For me, the first 3 days are the toughest...but if I can push past those 3 days and keep myself on track, it gets easier after that.