Low calorie breakfast & lunch ideas

Options
Right so. I'm not counting calories, but obviously I'd like to still keep tabs on my weight. My strategy is if I gain some, I'd eat 2 meals lighter and a normal dinner.

Now I'd like some suggestions for lighter meals. preferably between 200-300 calories each.

I know it sounds a little low but I have a decent dinner and I snack in between also, snacks include a post workout protein shake and a fruit or a yogurt.

Replies

• Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
    BUMP
  • blessed_mom
    blessed_mom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Breakfast idea's : Cheerios 3/4 cup ( honey nut is my favorite)110 Calories

Or-

"Simply Potatoes" ( name of the brand) Hash Browns
    cooked in a baking dish in the oven
    1 cup = 70 calories
    You could have egg whites, or I eat boiled eggs sometimes , and half slice of all grain sandwich round
    I bought my potatoes @ walmart in case u want to know where u can find this brand i was suprised on the low calorie for a whole cup :)

Lunch

1 ground turkey Pattie and a healthy choice all grain bun and / some carrot sticks or whatever raw veggie you like\
    turkey pattie is like 180 calories
    and the bun i use is wheat and only 80 calories

You can always have a small bowl of chilli from Wendys too. its 210 calories and a small value size garden salad i always pour the chilli over the salad. I

Good luck to you!
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Breakfast idea's : Cheerios 3/4 cup ( honey nut is my favorite)110 Calories

Or-

"Simply Potatoes" ( name of the brand) Hash Browns
    cooked in a baking dish in the oven
    1 cup = 70 calories
    You could have egg whites, or I eat boiled eggs sometimes , and half slice of all grain sandwich round
    I bought my potatoes @ walmart in case u want to know where u can find this brand i was suprised on the low calorie for a whole cup :)

Lunch

1 ground turkey Pattie and a healthy choice all grain bun and / some carrot sticks or whatever raw veggie you like\
    turkey pattie is like 180 calories
    and the bun i use is wheat and only 80 calories

You can always have a small bowl of chilli from Wendys too. its 210 calories and a small value size garden salad i always pour the chilli over the salad. I

Good luck to you!

Wow that sounds yum. Thank you :)
  • zip_girl
    zip_girl Posts: 29
    Options
    I like using 45 calorie bread to help me eat lower calories. There are a lot of sandwiches you can eat for less than 200 calories if not less than 150 calories. I have made pimento cheese sandwiches, most types of lunch meat and cheese, you can do peanut butter and jelly for 180 calories, egg sandwiches, BLT, etc.
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    my favorite low calorie breakfast: whole wheat english muffin with reduced fat peanut butter.
  • benjib84
    benjib84 Posts: 125
    Options
    Lunch:

2 Large Flat mushrooms...
    Stuff them with the chopped stalks and some chives and parsley and garlic.
    Bake...

Top with cottage cheese mixed with toms... delish and 200 kals and filling...

OR do I just have a slimfast shake to take me through to dinner time where i cook something fresh and filling.
  • idmalone
    idmalone Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like this: 3/4 cup of instant wholegrain oats made with hot water, blueberries, 2 TBSP greek style yoghurt, some cinnamon, and a few sliced almonds. Adds up to 275 calories and keeps me full until snack time.
  • GlynnisSapsfordHey
    GlynnisSapsfordHey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try using smart ones most are under 300 cals.
  • idmalone
    idmalone Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Also another favourite of mine is 2 poached eggs, 1 slice of wholegrain bread, a few cherry tomatoes and a quarter of an avocado. Very filling and adds up to 300 cals approx. Make sure you don't overdo the avo, :bigsmile:
  • designerdeby67
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, helps me!
  • april34josey
    Options
    for breakfast a serving of greek yoguart mixed with a serving of fiber one original cereal.....
    or
    I serving of oatmeal with 6 almonds and a half serving of honey........
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My favourite low-cal breakfasts are:

1) A low-cal whole wheat bagel with 2 tbsp of light cream cheese. (about 270 cals)
    2) A piece of light rye toast with a pat of butter, tomato slices, and 2 eggs over easy. (about 250 cals)
    3) 1/2 a cup of minute oats with 1/2 a scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 tbsp of honey and frozen berries. (about 300 cals)
    4) 1 cup of all bran flakes, 1/2 a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a banana chopped into it. (about 240 cals)

As for lunch, I eat almost the exact same thing everyday: A mixture of chopped veggies (as much as will fit into my salad container) a little deli meat, a little cheese, and 2 tbsp of low-cal dressing. Depending on which dressing I am in the mood for, my lunch usually clocks in around 300-400 calories.

I hope this helps! :smile:
  • Cati321
    Cati321 Posts: 35
    Options
    Breakfast or lunch: overnight oats -

half cup whole rolled oats
    half cup almond milk sweetened
    half cup yogurt of your choice

blend, top with berries, and then put in the fridge overnight or at least for a few hours! delish :D I like vanilla soy yogurt by Alpro.
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like using 45 calorie bread to help me eat lower calories. There are a lot of sandwiches you can eat for less than 200 calories if not less than 150 calories. I have made pimento cheese sandwiches, most types of lunch meat and cheese, you can do peanut butter and jelly for 180 calories, egg sandwiches, BLT, etc.

Yeah, I use 80 calorie multigrain bread, and it's hefty enough that I'm happy with only using one slice per sandwich (I'll usually cut the slice in half and make a little half-sandwich, or do an open-face sort of thing). This morning I had an open-face sandwich with egg, deli chicken, some provolone, lettuce, a little mayo, and a lot of sriracha, and it came in at under 300 calories. I just always make sure I don't over-do the mayo or the cheese.

I've never enjoyed "American" breakfast food, so most my breakfasts are basically just mini-lunches. Unless I decide to make Colombian food for breakfast (which I prefer, but is often pretty unhealthy, so I'll do that as more of a brunch-type deal as a treat).
  • Leana93412
    Options
    :love: Some yummy ideas here
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Vegetable stew. Simply boil hot water with whatever veg you like and spices or stock cube for flavour. Cook it in batch, freezer bag it. Defrost and take portions to work with you. Under 100 calories per bowl and because it's hot and a fair amount of liquid you'll feel full.
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    A typical breakfast for me is
    1 boiled egg
    6 cherries
    1/2 sweet potato (medium)
    1 slice of sprouted bread
    It sounds like a lot of food, but its only 225 calories.

Lunch
    kale
    almond slivers
    lemon juice
    mini peppers
    tomato
    chicken breast
    It's about 400 calories depending on how much chicken you use,