Question For The Busty Ladies.....

Options

Replies

• jbrownnolan
    jbrownnolan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    First place to gain and first place to lose are in my Boobs, I've been a small 38D now at a 36B. The ladies are starting to get lost in the B cup, I refuse to go down (or even try on an A) so a little extra padding or sports bra seems to do the job. I know when I have weight to lose though cause the cups start to overflow and I refuse to go back to a C, I love my littler boobs now (my husband, not so much LMAO :D)
  • Pixiemops
    Pixiemops Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a 36GG and 246 lbs. In 2008 when I was last 175 I wore a 32F which, as a horse rider was much more comfortable. I'm 5ft 11".

Two sports bras I recommend are the Freya Active (non wire) and the Berlei Shock Absorber (non wire) both give great support and stability. The Berlei flattens and squashes a bit but is better for jogging, the Freya gives a better shape and is generally good all rounder that I can wear all day.
  • DrunkInAGolfCart
    DrunkInAGolfCart Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Talking from past experience (because I've put on weight since this time and have a ****load to lose now) I went down from a 16D to a 12C. So yeah, BIG difference there.

Thing that bugged me though - I don't like having big tits. They're a pain - was that when I lost the weight my friends kept telling me my boobs actually looked BIGGER. I guess because the rest of me was so much smaller they didn't look proportionate.

I'm currently back to a 16D but it's a tight fit. I'll probably save up for a boob job when I lose all my weight.

My advice would be to lose the weight and then start considering your options.
  • centaurizoe
    centaurizoe Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction in April. Went from a 40G/H to a 36-38DD. Best thing I ever did for myself, I feel completely different for the better. I workout, it doesn't hurt and I don't feel like my boobs stick out like a cat on fire on a bus. I've already lost six pounds, not from the surgery alone, but because I finally feel like my body is MY body and I can look beautiful for more than just my breasts.
  • knitknitknit
    knitknitknit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Waaaaay back when (high school) I did LA weight loss. I started at 203 and was wearing a DD. By the time I got to my lowest, 160, I was a 'barely B cup'. My ginormous rack only exists when I'm fat. Turns out I'm supposed to be a member of the itty bitty titty committee :-D
  • wherethereis
    wherethereis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38 or 40 DD right now, and I'm just starting out my weight loss journey. I'm hoping to get down to a C cup. I still have one of my bras from before I gained weight and it's a 36B!! Good thing I work for Maidenform, it'll be great to get employee discounts once I do lose the weight ;P
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    At 170+, I was a 36DD, from 140-150 (my healthy range) I'm a 34D. I much prefer having smaller girls :)
    For working out, I either wear 2 sports bras or 1 and a supportive tank. That has always worked for me but now that I'm getting smaller, I can get away with just one.
  • mkchris
    mkchris Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Re: reduction a good friend of mine in college got a reduction and then a couple years later worked really hard at losing weight and got considerably smaller and wished she had some boobs left. She also couldn't nurse her babies which he hadn't thought about a whole lot prior to surgery.
    I know I've gone up a band size and 2 cup sizes since gaining weight so I'm hoping they go back down :)
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just bought a new bra as cups getting saggy - Ive lost almost 20lbs. One size down on the ribcage, cup size up one but I think the style is a bit different - new bra 34F. Pre weightgain I was 32E/ 32F and I think Ill end up there again h/w breastfeeding or preg has made the tissue less dense so I imagine they will be less firm than they were but hey ho.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight(I was 246 lbs) I wore a 38 G. Then I shrunk in band size but went up in cup size to a 36 FF (226 lbs). It has just happened again as I went down to a 34 in band but a HH cup size.....I hope the boobies start disappearing soon or I'm going to be a disproportional freak show with a small waist and GINORMOUS boobs. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Thank goodness for :love: Herroom.com:love: though. Nice variety of bras for large breasted women and they can have some NICE sales. Returns are easy(though I've only had to do it once) and there are some SUPER cute/sexy things out there.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I never had back problems from the twins and I am in my 40's. I went from 48DDD to 36C. I really don't have a time frame because I didn't really pay attention, until one twin popped underneath one cup and I figured I needed another bra. Also being fitted made me look like I instantly lost about 15 lbs. It took me about 18 months to lose 100 lbs, that is all I have.
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The very last place I lose weight is in my breasts. The doctor told me that some women just have very dense breast tissue and if this is the case then you will probably only notice minimal loss in your breast. My advice would be to lose the weight, or almost all the weight you want to lose and then make your decision whether or not you want to have a breast reduction. Best of luck!
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    44D to currently 36C/38B depending. I am close to 100lb lost over a year and a half and they just gradually got smaller. So about half way through I purchased smaller bras but then added extenders and then slowly went down a notch. That way I didn't have to buy a ton of bras all the time.
  • tafournier
    tafournier Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I actually had breast reduction surgery (from an HH cup to a C). I then gained the weight and went to a DDD cup. After a 25lb weight loss I am down to a DD....I expect to go back to a C once all the weight is shed. That being said, I am pretty sure I would not have lost a whole lot of breast fat as I lost weight. I am extremely happy I had the surgery; for me it was the right call.....good luck to you on your journey.
  • laflordivina
    Options
    I didn't lose enough in my breasts during exercise to alleviate my issues so I did a breast reduction and it was the best decision that I ever made. I'm a comfortable D now and it suits my body so much more.
  • bootygroove
    bootygroove Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a 46 DD and I have lost only 8 pounds so far, and I can tell my bra is not as tight. I do plan to get a reduction once I have lost all my weight, and get as toned as I possibly can. I do have back and shoulder pain from being heavy chested. I am so tired of "those baby's" being in my way and I am going to do something about it! lol
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Don't threads under "Success Stories" require before and afters? Come on ladies, where are they?
  • tracied30
    tracied30 Posts: 22
    Options
    LOL...I don;t think you will get in trouble for asking this...it seems a very valid question to ask!

Yes, the boobs will shrink. At least in my case they did. I have photos when I started a weight loss regimine in 1994 where I started off as a 36dd (I was 140 pounds at the time, 5'4 inches tall. I went down to 98 pounds (the same weight as my Mother and sister) and I was a 32a at that point.

So this go around I am 170 pounds and I wish to go down to 120. I have made life changes to ensure no more diet/weight loss flip/flopping. I now exercise 3 days on and 1 off cycle for more than 480 minutes in the gym. I eat less than 1k calories a day, though my diet is VERY balanced. (And I am also being monitored by my physician in regards to this). I have already lost 30 inches in the last 6 weeks. I again started off at the bra size of 38ff (bras specially made) and already in 6 weeks, I have gone down to a 36d. I have lost 3 inches around my breast bone and my chest has dramatically lessened. In fact, I had to buy two new sports bras and three new regular bras last weekend. I suppose I will have to continue that trend every 6 weeks at this pace.

And yes, it has always helped cease any back and shoulder pain the smaller I got in the breast area.

Buying new bras for the lady twins is a very GOOD thing...if you have struggled with breast issues in the past. :)
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Don't threads under "Success Stories" require before and afters? Come on ladies, where are they?

(Spits my water on the computer monitor......)
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    When I work out, I wear three bras. I am currently a 38 DDD.

After I lost 70lbs, at my lowest weight of 175, I was still a DD-DDD. The change was minimum with weightloss.

At this point, I'm assuming the only way to get rid of them, is probably reduction surgery.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!