Wii Fitness games

Options
Anybody use the Wii to workout? If so, what games have helped you lose weight? And what games/activities have kept you interested?

Replies

• lucky48
    lucky48 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't have the Wii but I have both Xbox and PS3. I currently use EA Sports Active 2 and except for a few glitches, I like it. I want to get Dance Central for Xbox but I need to get Kinect first.

From a few posts on here from people that used the Wii Fit, it seems to be a little sarcastic. If it was making groaning noises and tuba sounds at me, I think I would just get depressed.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    If you search the forum, you'll find a bunch of threads about the different fitness games and what people like.

Some people like the EA Active stuff and the dance games - zumba, just dance.
  • samarie119
    Options
    I do the advanced step, super hulla hoop for 6 mins, and rhythm boxing for 10 mins everyday and have noticed a slight difference in weight... but I also go to the gym for at least an hour 6 days a week.
  • pjsma11498
    pjsma11498 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii Fit. It really gives a lot of information. The Wii Fit Plus game tells how many calories you've burned while working out and everything. You can make routines for yourself or choose from the routines that are already on there. It's actually pretty cool. Sometimes when you step on the balance board to weigh, it will go Ooooo and sometimes it says Great. Really doesn't groan at you. I love it!
  • motherhippo
    motherhippo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba Fitness for the Wii and I really like it so far. Too soon to tell about losing with it or not, but it's fun.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Wii balance board and Wii Fit Plus to help me with my balance and toning. I also use it to do some yoga poses. I like it because it helps me to stay focused and on track. I have been using it about 2 1/2 weeks and have yet to get bored because there is always something new to try. I haven't heard mine make any sarcastic noises. It is sometimes 'disappoionted' with my performance, but I'm not great at a lot of the activities, I try to do those several times until I get better. I think it is fun and motivating. :wink:
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I've got EA Sports Active 2.... love it, I work up a sweat and I enjoy the workouts. I also have the Wii fit plus but I don't think its that great since I got the EASA2 because it lacks a bit of structure. However, I love some bits like the free step, rhythm boxing, hula hoop, yoga and free jogging.

I am intrigued by Just Dance 2 and Zumba... wouldn't mind giving them a go!
  • Coramae09
    Coramae09 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i am loving Just Dance 2 for the wii!!!! has alot of great songs :)
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    haha Wii Fit totally makes groaning sounds when you step up on the balance board to weigh in. It is a little sarcastic, but for some reason it amuses my husband and me. Despite it all, we find ourselves using it regularly. We leave the balance board on the floor in front of the tv so it reminds us every day when we go to watch tv to at the very least weigh ourselves and do a body test.

From a few posts on here from people that used the Wii Fit, it seems to be a little sarcastic. If it was making groaning noises and tuba sounds at me, I think I would just get depressed.
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009 and I loved it at first, but after a while it got boring. I did get a great workout though.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I only have Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus and I do enjoy the Wii Fit Plus - especially the Free Step (I think that's what it's called) where you can just step on and off the balance board while watching tv. I don't think any of the games really helped me lose weight by the exercise, but it helped to log my weight every morning so I could see the overall progress when I was getting disappointed. I could look back and say "hey! I've lost 5 lbs overall" instead of "oh.. I gained 0.5 lbs". I find the exercises fun, but not an amazing workout. Better than sitting on your bum and watching tv though :)
  • barberella
    Options
    I am certainly no expert at the games, but here's my reaction to the games for the year I've had the Wii. I specifically purchased the thing for working out. I started out with the Wii Fit Plus, and liked it because it was fun and I loved to change up the activities. I really like the yoga and Pilates moves too. I thought it was funny when my Mii's belly would increase after being weighed...

Then, I bought the Gold's Gym Cardio workout. I religiously did that and attributed that to my weight loss. I gained so much energy with that game! Plus, I got rewarded and would buy clothes on there! That was my inspiration.

I moved on to the My Fitness Trainer and it was okay. But it was too much like a workout DVD, and I didn't really like the exercises.

I also have Jillian Michaels 2009 too. Boring!

Then, I got the EA Active Sports. I really liked the exercises as I really like tennis.. It does challenge you with the strengthing exercises and the 30 day challenge which I haven't completed. Summer came, and I got off the Wii practically entirely..I'm just finding my way back to the Wii.

Lastly, I just got the 10 Minute Solution with the with weight gloves. I really like it so far because it's challenging, and each activity is only 5 minutes so you can change it up. After two days, my butt and hamstrings really hurt, but it's a good hurt..