Most annoying words on MFP ?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Sexypants.

It's one thing if it makes sense to share it with the original poster, but I've seen it dumped in response in every situation as if the responding user didn't bother even reading the original post.

Help I can't lose weight! Read the sexypants thread.
    My mom took away my purse! Read the sexypants thread.
    My doctor put me on a new medication and it makes me sick. Read the sexypants thread.
    Where can I find a good nutritionist in Cleveland, Ohio? Read the sexypants thread.
    My husband ran off with his receptionist! Read the sexypants thread.
    How do I figure out my macros? Read the sexypants thread.
    Will you send me nude pictures? Read the sexypants thread.

The powers that be should nuke the message boards and redirect all future incoming traffic to an immortalized blog of The Sexypants Thread!

The sexypants thread is awesome. DYEMFP?! :drinker:

It only contains a majority of the answers asked 100000000000 times.

But hey, some people love to complicate things.

I recommend you read the sexypants thread for the answer to people complicating things: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Too slow! :tongue:

Hi CupcakeDammit! :love: :love:

You has teh sexypants. :bigsmile:

Hi Mister Universe! :heart: :smooched:

I believe you're wearing the sexypants at the moment. :love:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Sexypants.

It's one thing if it makes sense to share it with the original poster, but I've seen it dumped in response in every situation as if the responding user didn't bother even reading the original post.

My doctor put me on a new medication and it makes me sick. Read the sexypants thread.
    Where can I find a good nutritionist in Cleveland, Ohio? Read the sexypants thread.

The powers that be should nuke the message boards and redirect all future incoming traffic to an immortalized blog of The Sexypants Thread!

Hah yes. I have seen the link to that thread in a gazillion responses on the boards :wink:

Thank you! Finally someone said what I have thought about the Sexypants thread! What are sexypants anyway?

Have you actually read the thread? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

FTW.
  • klight1236
    klight1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    toning, bulking, thin privilege, ignorant, judgy, fat acceptance, thin/fat shaming. These words just get tossed around too much.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I kinda hate when people say it takes patience. Mostly because the people saying this are the uberfits who have tickers that say they've lost 2lbs or some tiny number. Of course they can be patient. Going from 12% body fat to 9% body fat literally has changed their life in no way. Telling someone who needs to lose 50lbs or more so that it's actually easier to function in life to be patient is flat out insulting.

I tell people to have patience all the time and I am far from uberfit! I desperately needed to lose a whole lot more than 50 pounds and I still have another 40 to go at this point. it's taken over 2 years to get to 80 pounds down... I think I've earned the right to say have patience. ;-)

I really hate:
    Cleanse
    Toxins
    Starvation Mode
    "only" used in conjunction with *any* amount lost
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    cloths - "As in, OMG, I totally need new cloths!" Unless you're a tailor or a member of the clergy, this is probably not what you need.

:laugh:
  • SXMEnrico
    SXMEnrico Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I kinda hate when people say it takes patience. Mostly because the people saying this are the uberfits who have tickers that say they've lost 2lbs or some tiny number. Of course they can be patient. Going from 12% body fat to 9% body fat literally has changed their life in no way. Telling someone who needs to lose 50lbs or more so that it's actually easier to function in life to be patient is flat out insulting.

only after you attempt to, and are successful in getting below 10% BF you have the right to dismiss the amount of discipline that it takes to achieve that goal.
  • likitisplit
    Options

So, how do you take it when *I* tell you it takes patience?

Only valid until you change your ticker.

clearly I can't now - because my advice is only valid if I lost a lot of weight, and would be meaningless and insulting if I hadn't.

Meh, I stand by my answer. It's like when people who are well off give financial advice to poor people. They say things like, "Oh well you need to invest in this, this, and this." Umm, ok. But I can't pay my rent or afford food. When do I do this investing you speak of? Same thing. Give actual, practical advice on how to get to achieve the goal. Not feel-goodisms like "be patient."

Ok. Let me break down patience:

- Incremental gains
    - Consistency
    - Ignoring the variation that happens because you are a biological being

As yoovie put it so well earlier today - a solid 60% effort reflects a strong life balance. You add that consistent incremental effort up over a period of months and years and you will be astounded by what you see. Like you won't recognize yourself.

This cookie and this workout are completely meaningless in the big picture. It's all the cookies and all the workouts that are important. And this cookie and this workout are critical as part of that chain. Losing fat isn't about the scale pounds. It's about the choices that drive the cookies and the workouts.

These aren't just millionaires talking down to you. These are people who were standing in your shoes two or three or five years ago telling you how they made it from here to there. They've walked that mile.
  • missy5290
    missy5290 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sexypants.

I just died. I've noticed this as well....I should't read this stuff while at work...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just going to LOLOLOLOLOLLLL when some of these people complaining about the Sexy Pants post make a thread asking/complaining about something that they could have already known about if they'd actually read it.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I think I'm just going to LOLOLOLOLOLLLL when some of these people complaining about the Sexy Pants post make a thread asking/complaining about something that they could have already known about if they'd actually read it.

I thought the suggestion to reroute the forums through it was a good one....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I thought the suggestion to reroute the forums through it was a good one....

Many people (it seems) don't even bother reading the rules for the forums or instructions on how to use the calorie counting tool when they sign up. I don't have much faith they'd read the Sexy Pants thread.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

I'm gonna sit next to you. :smile:
  • likitisplit
    Options
    How about an annoying phrase?

"should I eat back my exercise calories?"
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    'accountability' and as others have said 'loose'
  • likitisplit
    Options
    sabotage.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    "are bananas bad for you"
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    "are bananas bad for you"

Even better; "are ________ bad for you"
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    "Boo hoo"
    "Waaaahhhh"
    "I find that offensive"
    "That's just rude"
    "You've been reported"
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sexypants.

HAHAHAHA!! Yes! No matter if it is a good post or not this is soooo true!