^^ yup....
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    clean eating
    IIFYM
    low carb
    high protein
    Jillian Michael "kick start" (or insert bs name here)
    1200 calories
    cleanse (thats the worst one)
    paleo
    Dr OZ

almost every diet type term - lol
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Tone/Toned/Toning
    Paleo
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I kinda hate when people say it takes patience. Mostly because the people saying this are the uberfits who have tickers that say they've lost 2lbs or some tiny number. Of course they can be patient. Going from 12% body fat to 9% body fat literally has changed their life in no way. Telling someone who needs to lose 50lbs or more so that it's actually easier to function in life to be patient is flat out insulting.

That's pretty judgey. Some people have lost 50lbs+ but change their tickers to reflect smaller goals. Or they lost all the weight, but do bulks and cuts to continue working on body composition.

AGREE! ^^^^^^^
  • leodru
    Options
    starvation mode
    \
    I missed that one. I'm in starvation mode right now cause i never ate my exercise back yesterday - lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Sexypants.

It's one thing if it makes sense to share it with the original poster, but I've seen it dumped in response in every situation as if the responding user didn't bother even reading the original post.

Help I can't lose weight! Read the sexypants thread.
    My mom took away my purse! Read the sexypants thread.
    My doctor put me on a new medication and it makes me sick. Read the sexypants thread.
    Where can I find a good nutritionist in Cleveland, Ohio? Read the sexypants thread.
    My husband ran off with his receptionist! Read the sexypants thread.
    How do I figure out my macros? Read the sexypants thread.
    Will you send me nude pictures? Read the sexypants thread.

The powers that be should nuke the message boards and redirect all future incoming traffic to an immortalized blog of The Sexypants Thread!

The sexypants thread is awesome. DYEMFP?! :drinker:

It only contains a majority of the answers asked 100000000000 times.

But hey, some people love to complicate things.
  • 2muchofme4me
    Options
    After I complete my daily entries and it says "In 5 weeks you will weigh..." For me, I find that to be highly discouraging.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    squats - unless you read the I am embarrassed thread

^^^ Oh yeah! that was too much! Not sure if I believe it or not...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Sexypants.

It's one thing if it makes sense to share it with the original poster, but I've seen it dumped in response in every situation as if the responding user didn't bother even reading the original post.

My doctor put me on a new medication and it makes me sick. Read the sexypants thread.
    Where can I find a good nutritionist in Cleveland, Ohio? Read the sexypants thread.

The powers that be should nuke the message boards and redirect all future incoming traffic to an immortalized blog of The Sexypants Thread!

Hah yes. I have seen the link to that thread in a gazillion responses on the boards :wink:

Thank you! Finally someone said what I have thought about the Sexypants thread! What are sexypants anyway?

Have you actually read the thread? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Sexypants.

And it's well written. And doesn't come with a particular diet bent. It's a great thread.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Sexypants.

QFT
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Sexypants.

I recommend you read the sexypants thread for the answer to people complicating things: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • leodru
    Options
    A lot of the mutilated, commonly used phrases and words on here get on my nerves a little; e.g. "Hangry", "all teh foodz", "T0XINZ", "haters", "slores" etc. I cringe something mighty every time I see a variation of these or something similar. Oh, and "snark", I loath that word.

I don't even know what 'snark' means.
    bro, bra (like bro), srs, feelz, gainz - the list is endless really
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Sexypants.

I recommend you read the sexypants thread for the answer to people complicating things: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Too slow! :tongue:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Sexypants.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    loose - you all know about this one. And the other...
    cloths - "As in, OMG, I totally need new cloths!" Unless you're a tailor or a member of the clergy, this is probably not what you need.
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wait, can I also add "OMG" to the list?