Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    What is this Sexy Pants you speak of?
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I kinda hate when people say it takes patience. Mostly because the people saying this are the uberfits who have tickers that say they've lost 2lbs or some tiny number. Of course they can be patient. Going from 12% body fat to 9% body fat literally has changed their life in no way. Telling someone who needs to lose 50lbs or more so that it's actually easier to function in life to be patient is flat out insulting.

only after you attempt to, and are successful in getting below 10% BF you have the right to dismiss the amount of discipline that it takes to achieve that goal.

Wouldn't it take the same discipline as it does to get from 30 to 20? I mean calorie counting is calorie counting is calorie counting. It's just time supposedly. All you have to do is "be patient." Or is there more involved, as in actual practical advice, that isn't being shared?

Of course it takes more than just being patient! Being patient, in my mind, refers to the fact that weight loss is hard, no matter how much you have to lose, and getting upset about the speed of your loss does nothing but make things more frustrating and difficult and easier to just plain give up!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Sexypants.

It's one thing if it makes sense to share it with the original poster, but I've seen it dumped in response in every situation as if the responding user didn't bother even reading the original post.

Help I can't lose weight! Read the sexypants thread.
    My mom took away my purse! Read the sexypants thread.
    My doctor put me on a new medication and it makes me sick. Read the sexypants thread.
    Where can I find a good nutritionist in Cleveland, Ohio? Read the sexypants thread.
    My husband ran off with his receptionist! Read the sexypants thread.
    How do I figure out my macros? Read the sexypants thread.
    Will you send me nude pictures? Read the sexypants thread.

The powers that be should nuke the message boards and redirect all future incoming traffic to an immortalized blog of The Sexypants Thread!

Hah yes. I have seen the link to that thread in a gazillion responses on the boards :wink:

Thank you! Finally someone said what I have thought about the Sexypants thread! What are sexypants anyway?

Have you actually read the thread? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Yes, I have read it more times than I care to admit.
  • newnotnew
    newnotnew Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Butthurt.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I kinda hate when people say it takes patience. Mostly because the people saying this are the uberfits who have tickers that say they've lost 2lbs or some tiny number. Of course they can be patient. Going from 12% body fat to 9% body fat literally has changed their life in no way. Telling someone who needs to lose 50lbs or more so that it's actually easier to function in life to be patient is flat out insulting.

only after you attempt to, and are successful in getting below 10% BF you have the right to dismiss the amount of discipline that it takes to achieve that goal.

Wouldn't it take the same discipline as it does to get from 30 to 20? I mean calorie counting is calorie counting is calorie counting. It's just time supposedly. All you have to do is "be patient." Or is there more involved, as in actual practical advice, that isn't being shared?

If only. No. The body fights harder as you get closer to vital stores.
  • jms1739
    jms1739 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ok I read part of the incredibly long SexyPants thread. WTF is Metirc and minutia? Minutia sounds like some kind of disease. LOL
  • kaseofthemondays
    Options
    Thanks for linking the Sexypants thread! I'll see you all at Christmas when I've finished reading it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

OK now we're getting somewhere. So does this mean more working out, fewer calories, more cardio, more lifting? Details?

:indifferent:

Not sure if srs
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Ok I read part of the incredibly long SexyPants thread. WTF is Metirc and minutia? Minutia sounds like some kind of disease. LOL

There is this really cool thing called an internet search...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

OK now we're getting somewhere. So does this mean more working out, fewer calories, more cardio, more lifting? Details?

I don't know all the metabolic pathways.

I do know that you get hungrier, more tired, your strength suffers, you probably unconsciously cut down on non-exercise activity.

You get mentally foggy and emotional - you can usually tell when a long-time member is on a cut.

It's the same CICO. It's just a harder CICO.

ETA - you're also more likely to lose muscle unless you very specifically work to keep muscle mass.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Read the beginning Sexy Pants post, and loved it. Not sure what an issue with something like that could be, but the things people object to on here never cease to amaze. Couldn't bother with the 20 pages, but I can only assume it went something like...

Logic
    "Whiiiiiiine"
    "I'm right"
    "No I'm right"
    "No I'm right"
    *sobbing tantrum*
    Repeat
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

I have it on my profile, so it's easily accessible. :wink:
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options

Made me think of the "Here, let me Google this for you" link.
  • jms1739
    Options

So that's what Google is for.....
  • jms1739
    Options

Made me think of the "Here, let me Google this for you" link.

Thank you......:tongue:
  • FTF2014
    FTF2014 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    When the thread is a weight loss thread and some ask how do you gain back weight if you lost too much. RRRRR
  • wendy16256
    wendy16256 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    NSV