My Dog Saved Me Tonite!

Options
So...I'm waiting up to go pick up teenagers from a late movie....when the rest of my family goes to bed & I'm all alone with the Hershey chocolate bars calling to me...I try to avoid the calls of a little snack when I decide to lock up the house & bring our Golden in from outside on this hot evening. Well I go into the garage and low n behold our sweet Golden has something as usual in his mouth. He always has a toy or a stick in his mouth. For heavens sake he's a Retriever so he Retrieves a big Dead Rat in his mouth (I think it's dead) OMG Ewwwww. Ok I say I can deal with this. I yell at him NO and he thinks he's bad so I go into the house to think a moment while I emtying the kitchen trash. OK I got it...I'll give him a doggy treat & he'll drop the Rat . Well...I go outside & he has the darn Dead Rat in his bed:sick: and the Rat's legs are sticking straight up:sick: I give Casey a biscuit and I grab a plastic bag out of the recycling bin and pick up the DEAD HEAVY RIGIMORTOUS (SP?) by the Gross Dead Leg:sick: threw it in the garbage & of course the sweet, dumb dog is sniffing around like where did my Rat go? So had did my dog save me you asK? I have absoultely no appetitie for the chocolate or any other food that I was about to sneak while I'm alone here:tongue: And now you probably don't either:bigsmile: hahahhahahahhaha

Good Night:heart:
Tamara

Replies

• tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Options
    So...I'm waiting up to go pick up teenagers from a late movie....when the rest of my family goes to bed & I'm all alone with the Hershey chocolate bars calling to me...I try to avoid the calls of a little snack when I decide to lock up the house & bring our Golden in from outside on this hot evening. Well I go into the garage and low n behold our sweet Golden has something as usual in his mouth. He always has a toy or a stick in his mouth. For heavens sake he's a Retriever so he Retrieves a big Dead Rat in his mouth (I think it's dead) OMG Ewwwww. Ok I say I can deal with this. I yell at him NO and he thinks he's bad so I go into the house to think a moment while I emtying the kitchen trash. OK I got it...I'll give him a doggy treat & he'll drop the Rat . Well...I go outside & he has the darn Dead Rat in his bed:sick: and the Rat's legs are sticking straight up:sick: I give Casey a biscuit and I grab a plastic bag out of the recycling bin and pick up the DEAD HEAVY RIGIMORTOUS (SP?) by the Gross Dead Leg:sick: threw it in the garbage & of course the sweet, dumb dog is sniffing around like where did my Rat go? So had did my dog save me you asK? I have absoultely no appetitie for the chocolate or any other food that I was about to sneak while I'm alone here:tongue: And now you probably don't either:bigsmile: hahahhahahahhaha

Good Night:heart:
    Tamara
  • 1StepataTime
    Options
    Hahahaha that's awesome! Sorry you had to deal with the rat though. I don't think I could've handled it!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    ahhhh!! no way could i have picked that up U have courage :smile: i have a cat that loves to catch mice play with them and let them go. I only had one mouse and got rid of it finally no help from the cat. and got 2 more kittens Anything to keep mice out LOL:bigsmile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA!

your story reminded me of the time when I was in high school and the cat decided to do the same thing...the cat comes to the door with a chipmonk in her mouth. My brother and I think the chipmonk is dead, but guess what...NOPE! Cat drops the chipmonk at the front door, I open the door to let the cat in, chipmonk jumps up ( I guess it decided it was an opossum and played dead ) and runs in the house, cat runs in the house after chipmonk, the dog runs after both. Long story short, brother catches chipmonk in a trashcan, and lived to see another day!

Makes me laugh thinking about it....it would have made a great clip of America's Funniest Videos!
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    Ummm props to you I would have woken up the whole house and especially my husband no way in heck I would be touching that dead rat.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

rat.jpg
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Gross!

Though pets are so great. One of our cats has taken to stalking scrunchies, yesterday he hunted one and set his "kill" at my feet. :bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Three cheers for Casey! Woo Hoo!

and....

three cheers for Golden Retrievers (they are my favorite dogs evah!)
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

rat.jpg

that looks like the pet rat I used to have.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    uh uh, no way, no way no way :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: would I have even touch (even through a bag) that thing!!!
    I would have gotten a shovel!! yuck!!!!!!::sick: :sick: :sick:
  • tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm waking up to all your Funny Funny posts about my silly dog Casey:laugh: Your right I shouldn't have picked it up with my hands & I didn't want to wake the hard working, early rising hubby so I dealt with that GROSS Dead Rat!:sick: :sick: OMG still ruins my appetite! I think I lost another lb over this:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

You guys are so funny! Thanks for all your funny stories.:flowerforyou:

Heres a another funny animal story.....I got up one night to make sure all the windows etc were closed when I heard rustling in the family room. I turned on the light and JUMPED....there caught red handed was a big RACOON in my Family Room!!! He opened the screen door & was some dog treats I had by the door for my dog. He looked at me & I at him and then I shooed him out. I was lucky he didn't bite me or something. I was freaky out to say the least. It was a weird site seeing a big, masked animal in my house!:sad:

Off the work I go :):heart:

P.S. Those Rat pictures are really making it too REAL guys hahhaha
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I got one.

We are eating dinner when we hear the INDOOR cats hissing at each other. I go to investigate, and you guessed it, one of them has a small rat in his mouth. He drops it for us, but it is still barely alive. I can't kill anything, so my husband takes it, throws it in the trash and takes it out to the garage (and I show him where we keep the rubber mallet:wink: ). I hear BAM, a few seconds go by, BAM, another few moments, BAM, again a few moments. I'm freaking out because I think he is torturing the poor thing. He finally comes back in after a few more BAMs - turns out he was hitting the wrong part of the bag.

A few weeks later the same cat caught another one. Bit it's head off.

I set up humane traps in the attic. Caught 15 before finally giving up and calling pest control. - We had the rats from Nimh - I swear - the figured out how to fix the traps so they could go in and out - they used tools!