foods that fill you up?

My nutritionist says I have to eat 1275 to lose. I was eating 1375 until I lost almost 20 lbs. I know tuna, and hardboiled eggs are filling. I'm looking for suggestions that will keep me feeling full, easily affordable and not too high in cals. I appreciate any kind of advice I can get

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Avocado
    Nuts
    Seeds
    Apple with peanut butter
    Banana with peanut butter
    Cheese sticks
    Oatmeal
    Broccoli
    Spinach
    Kale
    Asparagus
    Watermelon
    Black beans
    Lentils
    Kidney beans
    White beans
    Navy beans
    Soup
    Cottage cheese
    Greek yogurt
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Perhaps more water to start? I drink 2 cups before and after a meal to feel full. As for foods, perhaps try cherries because you have to take time to eat them due to the pit inside, which may help in the long run as it takes 20-30 minutes for your body to tell you it's full?
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    My nutritionist says I have to eat 1275 to lose. I was eating 1375 until I lost almost 20 lbs. I know tuna, and hardboiled eggs are filling. I'm looking for suggestions that will keep me feeling full, easily affordable and not too high in cals. I appreciate any kind of advice I can get

High fibre/high protein foods. Take a look at my diary if you need ideas....although I'm on 2000 calories a day, I think I have a lot of foods you could incorporate into your diet.
  • 84reasons2run
    84reasons2run Posts: 11 Member
    Have you tried roasting fresh veggies? Some of my favorites that I eat a ton of are fresh roasted green beans and broccoli. You can even add a tiny bit of fresh grated parmesan on the broccoli. Both are really good and low in calories and they go perfect paired with lean proteins such as fish (anything white) or boneless skinless chicken. Just be sure to measure out the olive oil. I usually use one or two teaspoons.
  • Carlywiese
    Carlywiese Posts: 51 Member
    I like roasted unsalted peanuts in the shell, I like that it keeps my hands busy and you have to work for it lol
  • 69Voltage
    69Voltage Posts: 4 Member
    Your calorie limit is a lot lower than mine, so some of what I mention may not work into your plan. I've still managed to lose 18 pounds in 6 weeks while enjoying the below.

In addition to what's already been mentioned, these fill me up without packing on the cal's........

Flavored rice cakes - I like caramel
    Pure Leaf Unsweetened Tea(by Pepsi) - closest I've found to sun tea taste, no additives. Just tea and water. Liquids really fill you up and help you last until your next planned meal. Doesn't seem to have too much caffeine.
    Popcorn
    Trail Mix - from Trader Joe's, lot of low cal/carb to choose from
    http://harvestsnaps.com/products/snapea-crisps-lightly-salted
    http://www.twistos.ca/en/index.html
  • 69Voltage
    69Voltage Posts: 4 Member
    Forgot to mention hummus.It's good on certain vegetables(celery, bell peppers). Low cal and filling.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Broccoli, grilled chicken and a slice of toasted Ezekiel bread keeps me full for hours.