Lasagna that's impossible to overeat

Options
Hubby and I cannot be trusted with a tray of lasagna. The first piece tastes so good we just MUST have another ... and maybe even another. So today I decided to try to make exactly two helpings of lasagna.

-First, make a little rectangular pan of aluminum foil the exact size of 1 no-boil lasagna noodle.
-Then make a veggie-heavy lasagna filling and layer the filling and five noodles. beginning and ending with a noodle, and topping the whole with grated parmesan and a little olive oil.
-Bake the little foil tray of lasagna in another pan so it won't leak all over the oven, about 40 minutes at 375F.

For the filling tonight, I threw spinach, mushrooms, mozzarella, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, nutmeg and salt & pepper in the food processor. It was great. Each of us had half and it's gone. No second helping singing its siren song from the kitchen. We should get about 3 little lasagna meals like this from one box of pasta but we won't have leftover lasagna inviting us to inhale it whenever we walk past the fridge.

Replies

• hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Best. Suggestion. Ever.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I batch cook and freeze individual portions immediately. The only part that is thawed and edible is what I didn't freeze. I have a dozen recipes I do this with. Best of all, I'm not spending every day cooking!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Roll ups work well too - I found a good recipe at SkinnyTaste - Spinach Lasagna Rolls were great (and single serving too)