Anyone start at 170-180 and lose weight?

Options

Replies

• GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Started at 185, currently at 144. It took about 7 months. I'm 5'5 as well. I don't have "after" pictures yet (because I'm lazy) but I do have during pics on my profile.

These are about 20 pounds ago...
    PhotoGrid_1393297607620.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1393296013540-picsay.jpg

ETA: PICTURES!
  • GKat04
    GKat04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5". My highest weight was 180. I started MFP at 176 in April, and I fluctuate between 156-157 currently. My goal weight is 130-135 range. I'm trying to do it the "smart" way, slowly and with sustainable life changes, but I do get frustrated at how slow the scale moves!
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i'm 5' 4", been off and on overweight (mostly on hah) since i was about 7 yrs old (i'm nearly 24 now). highest i've been was 192lbs at 15 years old. i started my weight loss again beginning of September 2013 (also when i started using MFP). when i started, i was 167lbs. currently i'm 125.8 lbs. my goal is set at 120, but i'm thinking i *might* see what somewhere between 110 - 115 looks like -- only because my body (as with most people) hangs on to my belly fat for dear life, and i still have enough there to have a small overhang, believe it or not (though i believe that some of what contributes to that is excess skin >:( ). i feel that my body type may be the kind where it needs to get to the lowest healthy-weight range for the belly fat to be at a minimum. over the last couple of months i've changed it so that i'm losing quite slowly -- average about 0.4lbs a week -- but am learning to be patient! i'm trying to make this a sustainable thing and not eat at a big deficit just so i can lose faster. also, it gives my skin more time to adjust.
  • Kidominos
    Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 5.5". Started at 186 at the end of Jan and I am now 152. Wanting to get to 130-135.
  • mrastaffordML
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and started at 165. I am now 143. My goal weight was 145 but its been changed to 140 since I am trying to build muscle tone.
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    im 5'6, started at 172, and currently fluctuating in the early to mid 140s. Aiming for 130 lbs though. Best of luck to you!
  • gonzanab
    gonzanab Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5, and I started at 180 about a year or two ago. When I was in high school and throughout my college years, I weighed around 125 lbs because I played soccer. I was in good shape. I struggled with some depression and gained some weight during my junior year at University.

After getting through what bothered me, I took my weight loss day by day. I did not get down on the days where I slipped up either. Currently, I weigh 127 lbs, and I am in better shape than I was in high school.

With that said, you can lose weight where you are. All you have to do is take it day by day and remember that every small step you take will lead to a large success later on. I would suggest keeping a journal and writing your progress because that helps too. Also, if you happen to slip up one day, do not take it as a failure and do not get down on yourself.

You can do it!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    ec1bcc98-5e05-4cc4-92cb-1c3cb671a0d0_zps82b405e2.jpg?t=1406679783

322030e7-4556-4072-b8c1-823c06aa5338_zpsa1d86db9.jpg?t=1406679870

184 to 138
  • HappyHope0123
    HappyHope0123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    5'4, started at 186 in February.

I'm now at 165! SO happy! Even if I didn't lose any more, I am at a better place. I was buying size 16 pants, stretching out L shirts...yesterday I bought three pair of size 10 pants and a medium top!

You can do this!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 7 and started MFP at 178 June 17th 2013...I hit goal weight of 155 in May 2014....

ff28ba89-2010-47d2-8350-f93793087c02_zps98ff05d5.jpg

And my profile pic is me last month about 153...
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". Up until medical issues made me pile on weight, I was always 125-135 and that is what I want to get back to. I piled up to the low 180s and I am on my way back down. Currently hovering between 157 and 159.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. About a month before I joined MFP I was around 172. Joined on a low day at 165 in May and am currently weighing around 157. On good days I'm 153, bad days I'm 160.

My goal weight is around 135. I know it's a little low for someone 5'9, but I have a thin build.
  • amrichards0711
    amrichards0711 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and started almost a year ago at 167. My goal was 137, and I reached that in late May. I've been maintaining since then, but I've decided that I'd like to try to lose another 7 pounds to get closer to the middle of the normal weight range for my height. I am going on vacation next week, so I will maintain for a little longer and then get back to losing.
  • Sora4ever
    Sora4ever Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My heaviest weight ever was 197 lbs but that was about 5 or so years ago. Now I'm down to about 172 lbs. I wan't to get down to somewhere in the 120's. I'm 5' 5.5 feet.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    5'5" and started at 196 mid-January this year. I'm down 35 pounds after 6 months and have about 15 pounds to go to meet my goal of a 50 pound loss. For me, it's been about getting off my butt and being active every day...I have a fitbit and try to log at least 10000 steps each day. I've gotten back into jogging and just finished my first 5K in 7 years...felt great! It's also about being aware of what I'm eating and how much...portion control is key for me.

As much as you can focus on getting to a certain number on the scale, please remember a few things. First, if you "fall of the wagon" with your food intake, don't beat yourself up...just move on and try to have better control the next time. Don't deprive yourself of your favorite "bad" foods, but rather work them into your calorie allotment...have a smaller portion for instance, or work your *kitten* of at the gym so that you can have a regular portion. Finally, remember that weight loss is not linear or consistent, and not everyone loses weight the same way. Pay attention to the trends in your weight loss and try to make sense of how your body works. For instance, I tend to hold on to weight for about a week prior to my period, even if I'm eating at a deficit and working out all the time...then the week of my period I can lose 3-5 pounds. Seeing this happen a couple of months in a row early on in my journey, I saw the recurring trend which kept me from stressing out about not losing weight one week a month.

Good luck:smile:
  • indigostream
    indigostream Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im also 5'4 and I started at 172, Ive lost 13lbs so far. Its slow progress but I am losing weight, Though i noticed that the first month i lost the most weight, i lost about 8 pounds on 1200 and then stopped loosing anything for at least 5 weeks after that, I had to up my game more and fluctuate my intake of calories, and i found that that helped a lot, I did the 500 calories 2 days a week and it helped get my weight moving again.
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Anyone start at 170-180 and lose weight? I started at 183. I'm about 175 right now but want to get down to 135. Any success stories? Include pics if you can.

Sounds like me! I am between 5'3 and 5'4 and I am about 173 and want to get to 135! I haven't lost any yet but its my own fault but I have doubt I will make it and so will you! :flowerforyou:
  • thunderwoods
    thunderwoods Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (5'3" at the doc's office) and started at 177lbs. No pics, but I should document this since I am a photographer! I'm also 46 years old so I have no more teenage metabolism to fall back on, lol.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I started at 182-183 in March 2013, I've used MFP and walked three times a week and I'm currently bouncing between 130-134lbs. I really want to see 129 but can't seem to behave on weekends...too much alcohol! But if I can get through summer maintaining then I consider that a win! I just started a training program to train for a 5k. It sucks, but I promised a friend I'd do it with her.
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I started at about 220 and am trying to get down to 135ish! Same height. My problem is finding ANYONE close to the same build as me. Even at my highest weight - I HAD NO *kitten*, THIGHS OR BREASTS. I have NEVER found anyone with this type of build.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!