Six Months Completed - 16 kgs down!

Options
aditya2491
aditya2491 Posts: 39 Member
Hello to everyone on MFP. This is my first thread and I am planning to keep it short.

Its been exactly half year since I started MFP and have lost 16 kgs. I am pretty much shocked, super happy and overwhelmed to see what I have achieved. Below I have compared photos for my weight loss journey.

I want to thank to all my friends who have helped me in this incredible journey. I promise to continue to strive hard till I reach my final goal. I am always open to making new friends, add me and we can continue the journey together.

141qq80.jpg

Replies

• Joyfulkneves23
    Joyfulkneves23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference!! You look great. Congrats and keep up the good work :)
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! amazing what can be done in six months!! Keep it up :smile:
  • VVBliss
    VVBliss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    wow congratulations.. I just joined MFP today.. and I wanna know how it helped you other than just counting calories ?

Thanks
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Keep up the good work. You look fantastic!!
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Congrats!
  • aditya2491
    aditya2491 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    wow congratulations.. I just joined MFP today.. and I wanna know how it helped you other than just counting calories ?

Thanks

Well first things first - Congratulations for coming here. The first and the most important thing is to realize that 'I have/ want to change'. Once you reach that step, its just a matter of time.

A few things that I followed were;
    1) Start a regular activity - can be gym, running, swimming etc. Anything can work. I used to run 3-4 times a week in my last semester but I couldnt continue it regularly as my college exams always screwed up my workouts. But in such weeks I compensated by managing my diet perfectly.

2) Do not fall in the myth of eating 1200 cal everyday. It might work but it is not good in the long run. Calculate your daily calories by finding your BMR and TDEE and eating at a 10 to 20% deficit of TDEE (make sure this value is between the BMR and TDEE value). Basically you should eat higher than your BMR and lesser than your TDEE (check my profile description if you need any help on how I did my calculations).

3) People generally underestimate the food they eat and overestimate the workouts. Keep this in mind whenever you log your food and activities. I generally overestimate my food and underestimate my workout so that it balances out.
  • jayanthiganesan
    jayanthiganesan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: looks superrr...keep it up:wink:
  • ribeenajenkins
    Options
    First congratulations on your weight loss that is great. I have only been counting calories 2 weeks with only making minor changes to diet. I am starting to ramp it up now as I would like to lose more than .4kg in 2 weeks! (I did have a wine tour and 2 other social events so I know where I went wrong. What is BMR &TDEE I tried to see if I could see on your profile but says only viewable by friends?

In relation to person who asked how calorie counting helps - I have found foods that I never thought were overly bad are now highlighted - like a skinny latte from the coffee shop. I live on coffee with 2 kids under 3 and I think I was having way too much milk so I have gone to black coffee at home as I really don't enjoy the milk that much for the extra calories.

Once again well done!
  • CagedBirdSings
    CagedBirdSings Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look great!
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Awesome achievement! Congratulations - its a hard road
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Great job. You also look 16 years younger!!!
  • FightingFitMom
    FightingFitMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Gr8 Aditya.. Way to go..
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look so much happier!
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!! Hope you feel as terrific as you look!
  • SuperStar0110
    Options
    Fantastic! Congrats!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • laurajvd
    laurajvd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Really inspiring!
  • dubbodu
    dubbodu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nice change over bro ...Keep it going
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Oh, my! O_O what a big difference! I'd be proud, too =D
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    great job.. You look a lot younger now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!