Lasagna cupcakes

Options
corey_e
corey_e Posts: 162
I found this on hungry girl. I have bought a book recently and this is the first recipe I have tried and I loved it!!! So yummy!

Nutrition Info per Serving (1 cupcake): 165 calories, 4.75g fat, 390mg sodium, 14g carbs, 1.25g fiber, 3g sugars, 15g protein

Ingredients:
12 oz. raw lean ground turkey
1/4 tsp. salt, divided
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
One 14.5-oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic, divided
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
One 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 1/2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
24 small square wonton wrappers (often stocked with the tofu in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add turkey and season with 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper. Cook and crumble until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add onion and mushrooms and, stirring often, cook until veggies are soft and turkey is fully cooked, about 6 minutes.

Reduce heat to low. Add crushed tomatoes, 1 tsp. garlic, and Italian seasoning to the skillet. Stirring occasionally, simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine spinach, ricotta cheese, egg substitute, nutmeg, remaining 1/8 tsp. salt, and remaining 1/2 tsp. garlic. Mix well and set aside. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Press a wonton wrapper into the bottom and up along the sides of each cup of the pan. Evenly distribute about half of the spinach-ricotta mixture among the cups, smoothing the surfaces with the back of a spoon.

Evenly distribute about half of the turkey mixture among the cups, smoothing the surfaces with the back of a spoon. Top each turkey layer with 1 tbsp. mozzarella cheese. Place another wonton wrapper into each cup, lightly pressing it down on the cheese layer and along the sides of the cup, letting the edges fall over the pan. Repeat layering by evenly distributing remaining spinach-ricotta mixture and turkey mixture among the cups. Top each cup with 1 tbsp. mozzarella cheese.

Bake in the oven until cheese has melted and wrapper edges have browned, about 10 minutes.

Allow to cool, carefully transfer to a plate, and serve 'em up!

Replies

• lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    Bump!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE hungry girl!!
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My husband loves lasagna, I am going to try this recipe this week! Thanks! love it sounds fun!
  • hmarshburn
    hmarshburn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing! I wonder if they freeze well?
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! : )
  • cookiejones
    Options
    okay. YUM! What a great idea for portioning! Thank you :)
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    this sounds amazing! Thank you!
  • Mary_Burris
    Options
    :love: oh my goodness this sounds awesome! :love: Thank you!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    That looks great but I'll leave the spinach out (might substitute thin sliced zucchini instead). I copied and pasted it into a Word document to save it to my PC. Thank you very much for sharing it. :)

Claire
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    bump
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    They do freeze well! I made 24 total and froze them in an air tight container and then pulled some out the night before I wanted to eat them to let them thaw and they were just as good as when they were fresh! I too changed it up a bit for my own liking and it ended up being 110 calories per serving. :bigsmile:
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    These were awesome!!! Thanks for the post :wink:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful recipe for one or two person households. No wasted food because we can't eat it up fast enough. :happy: Another recipe to add to my collection. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • scrmom74
    scrmom74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This looks tasty...I will have to try this some time this week :)
  • ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump...sounds delish!!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Bump....this sounds great to throw in the freezer for lunches, thanks! :bigsmile:
  • wyld4eva
    wyld4eva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This was awesome to from hungry girl just found the yumminess of her recipes, good alterantive for chinese food

Chop Chop Beef stir fry (hungry girl)
    PER SERVING (entire recipe): 293 calories, 6.5g fat, 914mg sodium, 26g carbs, 7.5g fiber, 7g sugars, 35g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 7*

1/2 cup fat-free beef broth
    1/2 cup fat free reduced sodium beef broth
    1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
    1/2 tbsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
    1/2 tbsp. chopped garlic
    1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
    4 oz. raw lean beefsteak filet
    Dash salt, or more for optional seasoning
    2 cups broccoli florets
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1 cup sugar snap peas
    2 tbsp. chopped scallions
    Optional garnish: thinly sliced scallions
    In a bowl, combine beef broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper. Whisk until cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.
    Season beef with salt and thinly slice. Add to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for 10 - 15 minutes.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add broccoli, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, scallions, and 1/4 cup of the marinade from the beef. Stirring occasionally, cook until broccoli softens, about 3 minutes. Add beef and remaining marinade. Stirring occasionally, cook until beef is cooked through, 2 - 3 minutes.

Serve it up and, if you like, season to taste with additional salt and garnish with sliced scallions. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    My plan was to make the lasagna cupcakes for dinner tonight, however, I could not find the wonton wrappers in my supermarket. I am going to try a different supermarket tomorrow. Can't wait!
  • MCogley
    MCogley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to this, as of last night! I am super excited to get started and this recipe sounds fantastic!! I was wonderin, what does bump mean I keep seeing it. Thanks! :happy:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I'm amused by any food in cupcake form. lol I will have to try this one! It sounds difficult to make (I'm not a good cook) .... is it pretty easy?
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    My plan was to make the lasagna cupcakes for dinner tonight, however, I could not find the wonton wrappers in my supermarket. I am going to try a different supermarket tomorrow. Can't wait!

Try looking by the produce department, near the tofu stuff.