Food scale issues?

Options
malibu927
malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
This morning I weighed out my cereal as 28 grams - the serving size. Right after I put the box up and before I could pour the milk in my dog distracted me, so I went to play with her for a couple minutes. When I came back, though, the scale was reading 32 grams. Has this been an issue for others? Do I just need to change the batteries or buy a new one?

And FWIW, yes I logged it as 32 grams.

Replies

• Dansk_USA
    Dansk_USA Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My scale does that. I just give it time to adjust the weight as I am placing food items in the bowl or on a plate :)
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'd be scared something crawled in my bowl!!

If it does it again any time soon maybe a battery replacement is a good idea.
  • mikevandewetering
    mikevandewetering Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    To be sure, pick up the bowl and place it on again (without resetting it), it will show the correct number then.
  • malibu927
    Options
    To be sure, pick up the bowl and place it on again (without resetting it), it will show the correct number then.

Yep, I did that and it still said 32.

So I guess I'll just keep an eye on it for now.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    my scale was doing that, and new batteries didn't fix it so i bought a new scale that doesn't do that.
  • sgwhit
    sgwhit Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Did you "tare" it before putting the cereal in, now your also weighing the bowl? Maybe?
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Weigh the box before pouring out the cereal, weigh the cereal once poured to desired amount, then re-weigh the box. If the cereal weight and the difference in box weight are the same you've double-checked the weight for accuracy and you should be good to go.
  • malibu927
    Options
    Did you "tare" it before putting the cereal in, now your also weighing the bowl? Maybe?

The bowl was on the scale before I even turned it on