40 Calorie Brownies

Options

Replies

• TragicWriter
    Options
    i think i used to make this recipe a while back. try subbing out a banana for the egg -- it ups the calories to 45 each, but if it's the same recipe it's d e l i c i o u s. *_*

I never thought of adding a banana, I'll definitely have to try that!
  • TragicWriter
    Options
    Did this come from a website?????? The reason I asked is it looks like the 37 calorie brownie that was posted from a website...

I've never tried a 37 calorie brownie, how do they cut the extra 3 calories out? Do they cut out the egg? Which website did you see it on because now I want to see what tricks they use! lol :D
  • Mborroto25
    Mborroto25 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Did this come from a website?????? The reason I asked is it looks like the 37 calorie brownie that was posted from a website...

I've never tried a 37 calorie brownie, how do they cut the extra 3 calories out? Do they cut out the egg? Which website did you see it on because now I want to see what tricks they use! lol :D

http://www.bromabakery.com/2013/04/37-calorie-brownies-and-no-im-not.html

Was on the recipe board today, just scroll down... Looks like the same recipe.. Very yummy also
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Too good to be true! OMG! I'm in love! :love:

Why didn't I read this BEFORE I got my groceries. I literally JUST finished putting my groceries up! UGH!:grumble:

Haha, I know the feeling! I've done that many times. :D

Also, if you use a salt substitute in the recipe, it makes it even healthier! I love them! (although they're not as good as a regular brownie lol)

That is SO awesome! Thank you for this great recipe! :smile:
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    bump to try later!
  • Mjones23456
    Mjones23456 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I will get these in the oven! :love:
  • TragicWriter
    Options

Was on the recipe board today, just scroll down... Looks like the same recipe.. Very yummy also

Cool, looks like someone else simply substituted the flour for oatmeal. This is just the basic brownie recipe minus the flour. Their's is very similar to mine (although i put coconut in mine.) so I cannot figure out how their's is only 37 calories but mine is 40 (not counting the coconut) ... hmmm I posted this a few days ago, so if it was just posted today, then they must have seen mine. lol I just wish they had of said how they cut out the extra calories...
  • robertdc50
    robertdc50 Posts: 50
    Options
    looks great :) but id eat them all

That would be my issue too...and then I'd have to make more :)
  • Mygsds
    Options

Cool, looks like someone else simply substituted the flour for oatmeal. This is just the basic brownie recipe minus the flour. Their's is very similar to mine (although i put coconut in mine.) so I cannot figure out how their's is only 37 calories but mine is 40 (not counting the coconut) ... hmmm I posted this a few days ago, so if it was just posted today, then they must have seen mine. lol I just wish they had of said how they cut out the extra calories...

No, the 37 calorie brownie was posted I believe 2 weeks ago.. This came from a website, as I believe yours did also.. I bumped the recipe so it is by yours here and don't see any flour????? Both delicous
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options

No, the 37 calorie brownie was posted I believe 2 weeks ago.. This came from a website, as I believe yours did also

OP said she came up with the recipe and it did not come from a website. So why keep pushing this point?

OP, I really don't think the extra three calories will make a significant difference in the long run so I wouldn't worry about it too much lol.
  • LJDaye
    LJDaye Posts: 69
    Options
    bump
  • LitheVixen
    LitheVixen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh, this looks good! I'll have to see if I can make a no-lactose version somehow, though...
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

No, the 37 calorie brownie was posted I believe 2 weeks ago.. This came from a website, as I believe yours did also.. I bumped the recipe so it is by yours here and don't see any flour????? Both delicous

Yeah, I've made several batches of these brownies already based on the 37 calorie brownie recipe that was posted a few weeks ago. Mine aren't 37 calories a piece because I switch out some of the original ingredients and add chocolate chips (making them closer to 100 cals a brownie), but it seems to be the same recipe that's been posted in this thread, and it's a very delicious recipe that my whole family loves.
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    These sound great i will try them, nice thing is i'm going to a friends and we are doing afternoon tea, i was going to take myself a quest bar so i didn't eat cakes, i will make some of these and take and will have just one myself.

Thanks for sharing
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the OP. Probably one of the most edible low cal looking recipes I've seen on MFP. I'm going to give this a try! :)
  • Mygsds
    Options

No, the 37 calorie brownie was posted I believe 2 weeks ago.. This came from a website, as I believe yours did also

OP said she came up with the recipe and it did not come from a website. So why keep pushing this point?

OP, I really don't think the extra three calories will make a significant difference in the long run so I wouldn't worry about it too much lol.
    Because it is almost exactly the same recipe, that's why.. The first recipe came from a website, that was posted.. We are supposed to acknowledge the site taken from.. Part of the rules here. Just trying to do what is correct.. Don't want to come off as pushy, but I was given warnings by other posters here when I did not when I first started posted recipes here... That's why.
  • jes_kuper
    jes_kuper Posts: 33
    Options
    bump
  • TragicWriter
    Options

Because it is almost exactly the same recipe, that's why.. The first recipe came from a website, that was posted.. We are supposed to acknowledge the site taken from.. Part of the rules here. Just trying to do what is correct.. Don't want to come off as pushy, but I was given warnings by other posters here when I did not when I first started posted recipes here... That's why.

I only just joined this site and have NOT stolen any one else's recipes! All i did was take my regular brownie recipe, took away the flour and butter, and add oatmeal, coconut, PC sugar replacer and Nosalt. I apologize that someone else thought up a recipe that's similar, but I'm not psychic and there's only so many healthy ingredient combinations for brownies. If you're that concerned about it, make a double batch and therefore the ingredient amounts are different. Just cut ti into 18 pieces instead of 9 and the calories will be the same.

1 cup Quaker rolled oats (i use instant)
    1 cup No Calorie Sweetener (i use pc sugar replacer)
    1 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt (i use coconut flavoured)
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 cup cocoa powder
    2 egg
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    6 tbsp shredded sweetened coconut

Now there's no similarity at all. It seemed to be the single batch that was throwing you off.