Do i eat below BMR? Sedentary

Options
Im completely sedentary, no movement, only to the fridge,bathroom, etc.
Then its okay to eat below my bmr to lose weight since its the amount of calories you burn a day if you're just sitting all day?
So why do people say its still bad to eat below it? That always annoys me and need some closure on this :)

Replies

• BoatsnHose
    BoatsnHose Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It's not bad. Many folks on MFP seem to have a "eat more, weigh less" mindset.

I say go for it.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    It depends. Most often you should not eat below your bmr even if sedentary. If you are morbidly obese and your BMR is on the high side that might be an exception. A better question would be why are you so sedentary that your only movement is to the bathroom and fridge? Injury?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Im completely sedentary, no movement, only to the fridge,bathroom, etc.
    Then its okay to eat below my bmr to lose weight since its the amount of calories you burn a day if you're just sitting all day?
    So why do people say its still bad to eat below it? That always annoys me and need some closure on this :)

19 yr old male, completely sedentary, only goes to the bathroom and fridge, never leaves the house, wants to eat below BMR to lose weight with no weight to lose....seems legit.