Where do YOU go to buy unsweetened original almond milk?

Options
paulzli
paulzli Posts: 72 Member
Where do YOU go to buy unsweetened original almond milk? I was on amazon recently and its really expensive and I can't seem to find the original unsweetened version at Costco that's 35 cal per 8 oz serving.

Replies

• navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Your grocery store doesn't have it? I know Sam's Club (at least around here) has Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk, and most grocery stores sell it as well. The Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk is 30 calories per cup.
  • Glossysweets
    Options
    My grocery store and costco both carry unsweetened almond milk but it is vanilla flavored. I do favor another almond milk which I have only successfully been able to find at whole foods regularly. It is in the refrigerated section of course - the brand is Califia Farms- but it's really good and the ingredient list is much smaller than all the others you can find out there. I miss not being able to find it since I am not very close to a whole foods. But that brand is really good. You can usually get a bottle for anywhere between 3.99-6.99 (Whole foods is usually quite affordable).
  • verapsalmondshunt
    Options
    I got it yesterday from Aldi's
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    BJ's wholesale club
  • paulzli
    paulzli Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Was it relatively cheap or pretty expensive? At any of those locations? I have a Safeway and Giant about 10 min drive away. Whole Foods (arent prices here ususally more expensive) about 20 min away, and a Costco 30 min away. Is the Costco Almond Milk only come in the Vanilla flavor and is it unsweeted? I would really enjoy being able to get the flavorless unsweeted almond milk.
  • DragonFly_
    DragonFly_ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I buy it at Publix or Winn Dixie. It generally runs about $3.29 for 1/2 gal here, but there is usually a BOGO deal, especially on the unsweetened one.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I think Acme had it- I bought the vanilla- mostly b/c I put it in my coffee. was like 3.99 or 89 or something.

Shop rite- any regular grocery store should carry it- ranging from 2 and change to 5 and change for 32 oz.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Any grocery store I have ever been to has it. We primarily buy at Aldi's but we have also purchased the SILK version from WalMart and the local grocery stores.
  • billbuck49
    Options
    Most grocery stores carry one or more brands. Be careful looking at the cartons to get the one you want. Unsweetened can come with vanilla flavoring or perhaps others. The cartons usually say unsweetened along the top rim of the carton and the flavor is lower down on the carton, in the bottom band of colors. The two brands that I like best are Blue Diamond and Silk. There are others and the tastes are not dramatically different. Try them all and see which you prefer.
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I find mine at pretty much any grocery store. Most of the time it will be in the natural/organic section. I can easily find unsweetened and regular Almond Milk, both vanilla and plain flavor.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm able to buy it at Wal-Mart, Kroger, HEB, and Randall's. (Basically all the local grocery stores in my area.)
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Walmart, publix and winn Dixie. they make store brands of it too
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Was it relatively cheap or pretty expensive? At any of those locations? I have a Safeway and Giant about 10 min drive away. Whole Foods (arent prices here ususally more expensive) about 20 min away, and a Costco 30 min away. Is the Costco Almond Milk only come in the Vanilla flavor and is it unsweeted? I would really enjoy being able to get the flavorless unsweeted almond milk.
    I noticed it's more expensive than regular milk at BJ's. I used it while I was cutting though because it's less calories and carbs. But now that I'm done cutting I'm using 1% again mainly because it's cheaper.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well it would depend on where you are as to whether you have these stores, but I get the unsweetened 35 cal one at either Walmart, Superstore, Safeway, or Save-on-Foods. Pretty much anywhere one can shop.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Hannaford
  • marissa3246
    marissa3246 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at Walmart! They have the Great Value brand and as an avid almond milk drinker, I can say that it says exactly like Silk.
  • seidel1325
    seidel1325 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    walmart
  • sro2118
    sro2118 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Aldi has it and usually is priced than a lot of other stores.
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Walmart, Winn Dixie, Publix,
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options

Don't get it from Whole Foods, unless it's on some massive sale. It's always expensive there.

If you're in the tri-state area, check out Fairway Markets.