Lose weight fast - water weight

Options
tag624
tag624 Posts: 166 Member
Has anyone ever tried taking diurex to lose weight fast? I need to lose 5 pounds before August 5 to win a dietbet. I know it's not the healthiest way, I just don't want to lose $100 by not reaching my goal. I only plan on doing it this once and know that it's not real weight I will be losing. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Should I take it the day before the weigh in or a few days before? Do I need to drink less water while taking it? I try to drink at least 100 ounces a day right now.

Replies

• melodiarentsen
    melodiarentsen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Obviously, you know this is not healthy; however, I have taken this myself. There is no way that I would think you could lose five pounds from taking it. Maybe two max and that would be first thing in the morning. I have heard that you should not take diuretics at night because they can cause you to have a heart attack.

If you do not drink water while you take it, you will dehydrate yourself for sure.

In my opinion, it's not going to kill you, it's not healthy, but it's probably also not going to win the bet.

Good luck.
  • tag624
    Options
    Obviously, you know this is not healthy; however, I have taken this myself. There is no way that I would think you could lose five pounds from taking it. Maybe two max and that would be first thing in the morning. I have heard that you should not take diuretics at night because they can cause you to have a heart attack.

If you do not drink water while you take it, you will dehydrate yourself for sure.

In my opinion, it's not going to kill you, it's not healthy, but it's probably also not going to win the bet.

Good luck.

Thanks! I probably will not take them at night then, rather lose money than cause health problems. :)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're trying to cheat since the spirit of those bets tend to be fat loss and not water loss. Unless it was specified that even water loss counts.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried taking diurex to lose weight fast? I need to lose 5 pounds before August 5 to win a dietbet. I know it's not the healthiest way, I just don't want to lose $100 by not reaching my goal. I only plan on doing it this once and know that it's not real weight I will be losing. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Should I take it the day before the weigh in or a few days before? Do I need to drink less water while taking it? I try to drink at least 100 ounces a day right now.

I'm not going to post links, but look up ways ufc fighters lose water weight.
  • tag624
    Options
    Sounds like you're trying to cheat since the spirit of those bets tend to be fat loss and not water loss. Unless it was specified that even water loss counts.

Oh well!
  • tag624
    Options

I'm not going to post links, but look up ways ufc fighters lose water weight.

Thanks!
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    It is like cheating you probably should have thought that through prior to giving up $100 hopefully everyone won't cheat but in the world today you never know .
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I have high blood pressure and sometimes have to take a diurex. Make sure your blood pressure isn't already low, because it will cause a drop in pressure and you could get sick. I would start taking it at least 2 days before so you can pee and you will pee a LOT. Make sure you don't make this a habit. Happy cheating to you. :smile: "Show me the money"
  • tag624
    Options
    I have high blood pressure and sometimes have to take a diurex. Make sure your blood pressure isn't already low, because it will cause a drop in pressure and you could get sick. I would start taking it at least 2 days before so you can pee and you will pee a LOT. Make sure you don't make this a habit. Happy cheating to you. :smile: "Show me the money"

Thanks!
  • katieca123
    katieca123 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I saw something a while back where if you drink a certain amount of dandelion root tea per day, you can lose water weight pretty quickly. You'd have to look it up, but hope that helps some.