I'm addicted to Kraft Mac and Cheese

Options

Replies

• twhitney
    twhitney Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I still eat boxed mac and cheese with meals at times. You just need to learn not to eat the whole box at once.

Is it even possible to not eat the whole box at once?
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I think this substance should be banned by the federal government. I was raised on it and I occaisionally get the urge to eat too much of it. Funny, if I have a little bit of it it makes me have an insane craving for more of it. But if I have none of it, I may have the urge but I don't have the insane craving... but still it calls my name when I'm not looking (kidding).

LOL That's why I don't keep it in the house, man.
    Or I keep it high up in the cupboard where I can't see it. I may have some in the house right now...I don't know...but now I want some..damn you. :P
    If I do make it, I usually eat the entire box within the same day, which is 2.5-3 servings. Always make it with butter and non-skim milk, because, hey, if you're gonna go, go big, right? :)

ETA: Oh, and it's probably the MSG that makes it taste so good.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Replace the milk with sour cream, you're welcome.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I like it with ketchup.

Are you Eastern European?
    I firmly believe they eat everything with ketchup.

We Canadians also put ketchup on everything. I love KD with ketchup!
    I forgot that Canadians like the ketchup too. My friend from Czech Republic likes ketchup on everything, pizza and spaghetti included.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    It is disgusting.
  • not_alone
    not_alone Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I
  • not_alone
    Options
    How to break any addiction. Wean.

My Chocolate diet, is that a picture of you? Are you in the desert?

What if you worked it into your cal goal for once a day.

Then after two weeks. You alternate days.

Then after a month of that, you let yourself have it 3 times a week.

Then the following month maybe go down to twice a week....then you decide where to take it from there.

Then you call it the Mac and cheese diet. And change your username to MyMacandCheeseDiet. Ur welcome.:flowerforyou:
  • not_alone
    Options
    It is disgusting.

So is crack cocaine and alcohol, but many people are addicted to those substances too.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    In for Mac and Cheese!
  • TheHeathBar
    TheHeathBar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was raised on it also and I get really weird cravings for it too, but I actually HATE the taste of the stuff. I have to put so much pepper on it that it looks more grey than orange and I salt the ever loving crap out of it. Yet it too calls my name! I'm moving towards eating all vegan now though so I don't eat it at all anymore. Pretty sure Witchcraft is the main ingredient.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna do it then do it. Make the whole box and eat the whole box. Just make it fit into your weekly if not your daily. I'll eat the whole box (the thin one).

But I won't keep that in the house. It's not like I have any "craving" for it but shoot, a little M & C once a year is nice.

Honestly, I'd rather make it from scratch. I did once and it was SPECTACULAR!
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Try this recipe! It's pretty healthy and sooo good: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/skinny-baked-broccoli-macaroni-and.html

I was going to suggest this!!

Its super delicious and it really satisfies the craving.
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Kraft Mac and Cheese ALL THE TIME. Then my gallbladder decided to go defective, and ever since then whenever I eat it, I feel terrible later... :(

On the plus side, though, it did cause me to have to learn how to make homemade mac n cheese to fulfill those cravings... and I've gotten really good at it! :)
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Love the fake cheese powder kind... don't judge!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Yes. Cooking steps for Kraft Dinner:

1) Boil water
    2) Add random macaroni NOT from box
    3) Wait 2 mins and add box macaroni
    4) Drain
    5) Mix in oodles of milk, Kraft Cheeze Whiz and cheese sauce
    6) Stir and eat the entire thing out of the pot. In one sitting.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Funny! I just had that for lunch today. I LOVE mac n cheese. Yum!!
  • slomo22
    slomo22 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I used to be addicted to Kraft Mac and Cheese too. A friend told me that I should try smoking crack to help me wean myself off of the mac. Low and behold, I never have any Mac and Cheese cravings anymore and I've lost 79 pounds in a month!
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I can't have that **** in the house. I can and will go crazy all over it, and I don't even know WHY. Real mac n cheese is SO much better, and I'm usually a huge food snob? Processed stuff is NOT my jam. But we grew up dirt poor, and I ate so much of this stuff, and it still has a special place in my heart.

I find it completely unpalatable without doctoring it up, though. Sriracha is best, but tobasco works as well.

...not that I will ever touch it again as I am on a super low sodium diet, BUT.
  • donut0420
    donut0420 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Gotta love the KD! I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but there's a recipe for a "Mac and Cheese in a Mug". Whenever I'm craving Mac and Cheese, I make this instead. It MAKES me cut back, since there's only one portion, and uses real cheese instead of processed stuff (though, lets be honest, that's why we love KD in the first place.)

Here's a link to the recipe;

http://www.thebettermartha.com/2013/07/the-better-instant-mac-cheese-in-mug.html

It comes in at about 320kcal per serving, so it makes a decent little lunch.

Enjoy!