1200 -1500 CAL/day..How many do you do?

Options
Ok....so I know it all depends on weight/height...but how many calories should you do a day to lose weight?

I always thought it was 1700-1800 for a woman to maintain her weight....and 1500 cals/day to lose. I know working out adds more room for more cals...but then I see people with 1200.

My old trainer used to tell me that if you don't eat enough cals...its will store as fat and not let you lose too. I'm confused a tad LOL

Any suggestions?

Replies

• ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It depends on height, starting weight, activity level...I'm at 1200 net. If I eat 1800 I gain weight! Apparently, my metabolism is pokey.
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    For a moderately active woman, take your current weight and multiply by 13. That is how many calories you need to maintain your current weight. To lose, shave off a couple hundred.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Since we are all completely unique this cannot be answered for everyone. It truly depends on your height/weight/activity level.

Im only 5'4" so have between 1200-1400 depending on my activity level that day, any more and I will gain.
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    I eat 1700-1800 a day and exercise off 500-600. This is a good balance for me. I joke that I only work out so I can eat more (which is partially true)!

On my day off exercise I eat 1200 and I am crabby because I LOVE food! I am not fun to be around at 1200 calories apparently!:laugh:
  • MichelleOnTrack
    Options
    I do whatever the site says. i enter my information and go with what comes up. As I lose weight, I resubmit my information to get adjusted calories for weight loss.
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    For a moderately active woman, take your current weight and multiply by 13. That is how many calories you need to maintain your current weight. To lose, shave off a couple hundred.

I dont know if thats right...having to eat 3100 to maintain my weight? I would def gain LOL I think everyone is just different I guess.