Whats for DINNER??? 01/18/11

Options
We are having BBQ chicken tenders, Butter beans, and corn....what yall having???

Replies

• katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast spiced with smoked paprika & s & p and broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix with 1 pat of butter.
    "dessert" will be 2 clementines.
  • zer0vital
    Options
    Spaghetti with homemade pesto, fresh celery, Texas toast. Small portions, of course.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    That sounds good!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Steak, baked potato and salad.
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    Homemade chicken tenders and carrots - super fast, yummy and 212 calories per serving.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/quick-recipes/lunch/lighten-up-healthy-chicken-fingers-recipe/
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Albacore with pasta and cheese sauce, sweet peas, lightly salted and buttered.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Over Christmas I handmade a ton of won ton's with ground turkey instead of pork. I also like to ramp up the spices as ginger is one of my favorites!

So tonight I plan on making Wor Won Ton soup with LOTS of baby bok choy, broccoli, shrimp, green onion, snow peas . . . hmmm any other veggies in the fridge . . . .

I also make my own broth whenever I bake or slow cook a chicken so everything is completely homemade.

Now Im hungry . . . . .
  • missindepndnt86
    missindepndnt86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    No clue actually! All I know if that I've got ground beef set out to thaw, but have no idea what to do with it, any ideas?! lol
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Baked tilapia fillets (which I just remembered we had a few days ago so my husband is going to be unthrilled, hahaha), roasted potatoes and carrots seasoned with cayenne, and peas. Nom. :)
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Turkey Smoked Sausage, grilled peppers and onions. :)
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    A bag of Trader Joe's "Harvest Hodgepodge" frozen veggies . . . Broccoli, carrots, red peppers, onions, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, baby corn, and water chestnuts. Sauteed with olive oil and garlic powder. Deeelish :)

And a clementine for dessert.
  • mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    mexican chicken bake! first time making it....smells good! oh, there's the timer! :)
  • HarleyDuryea
    Options
    I made a huge pot of vegan split pea soup last night and we had that for dinner. Very good and very filling
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Barbecued chicken in the crockpot, baked potato and green beans is what is on my menu for tonight :happy:
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    I just had some soba noodles and roasted chicken. My belly is full and happy!
  • camsamdad
    camsamdad Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    turkey burger and steamed broccoli and cauliflower
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    stuffed vegetarian shells using low-fat cheeses & a cranberry walnut salad = 500ish calories.
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    Tonight is a comfort food night. Lean pot roast with mashed potatoes made with 1% milk, corn, and steamed broccoli.

Someone had mentioned they had ground beef out to thaw - an easy dinner I do with ground turkey is browning it with spices: chili powder, garlic, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, onion powder, etc. and then when it's cooked I add in chopped fresh green beans and steam them up in the pan. My husband eats low-carb so it's a good dinner for him, and I serve it over rice for me and the boys. I've done it with ground pork as well - I'm sure it would be tasty with ground beef!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Channa Masala and chapatis (homemade...the house smells AWESOME)

:)
  • Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    Over Christmas I handmade a ton of won ton's with ground turkey instead of pork. I also like to ramp up the spices as ginger is one of my favorites!

So tonight I plan on making Wor Won Ton soup with LOTS of baby bok choy, broccoli, shrimp, green onion, snow peas . . . hmmm any other veggies in the fridge . . . .

I also make my own broth whenever I bake or slow cook a chicken so everything is completely homemade.

Now Im hungry . . . . .

That sound sooo good!