losing baby fat around armpits

Options
Hi m new here 26 yes old .I have fat in and around my armpits which quite stand out in dresses like an extra baggage,how to lose it in few weeks,it had made me lose my self esteem a few ounces time and again

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce, unfortunately.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. You can do exercises targeted at certain areas, but you cannot spot reduce. You need to work on overall fat loss, and eventually that area will shrink. We all gain fat different, and some people will have trouble losing in certain areas than others. I tend to lose in my arms and upper body first, and my stomach last, but everyone is different. Start a strength training program and make sure to do push-ups and other exercises that target upper body and chest.

It will most likely take ore than a few weeks too to get in the shape you desire. You will find that if you focus on making healthy habits for life you will be much more successful. Quick fixes don't work, you will just gain back more weight and hate yourself more. So eat healthy, real foods, avoid processed foods as much as possible, and do weight training.
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Yup, you can't spot reduce regretfully. Just focus on losing. There are strength exercises that focus on the muscles in that area but in order to lose fat you need cardio as well.

If you can't lose it by dropping the pounds it may be where your body stores fat. I have the same issue. Never used to have it there and it's damn annoying.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    For me personally the below moves helped tremendously to tone those muscles up and lose fat along with a good diet and cardio (google them up,you will find videos on the right form to do them)
    1.Wood choppers
    2.push ups
    3.kettlebell halo(http://kettlebellworkoutstuff.com/kettlebell-halo)
    4.Bent over row

Good luck.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce as everyone has been telling you.

A modest calorie will get rid of you body fat over time.

Buy cloths that fit and don't accentuate/push out the fat in the areas you're worried about.