30 Day Shred users??

Options
I just ordered the video a couple of days ago, and expect it anytime this week. Right now, I do cardo 5-6 days a week (and thats it). I ordered the 30 day shred so I can start to incorporate some strength training.

My question is are you all doing the 30DS for 30 straight days? 20 minutes isn't really a big deal, so I could make time. Just wondering how everyone is doing it. Also, I'll still probably want to keep at least 5 cardio days in there, so doing the cardio + 30DS on those 5 days. Is anyone else doing it this way?

Replies

• Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Lol I wondered the same thing! So I am doing it 30 days straight no days off cause I havent heard different. I also plan on doing 5 days of cardio or pilates/yoga.
    I hope thats right?
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now. I'm doing it for 30 days straight, and i'm ONLY
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now. I'm doing it for 30 days straight, and i'm ONLY doing the shred right now because i want to see results from that and that alone. I'm on day 12 right now which is day 2 of level 2. i love it.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing it three times a week and incorporating other strength training DVDs on the other days as well as cardio. I find my legs really hurt the day after, so I don't think I would be able to do it everyday.
  • rachel122986
    Options
    I try to do cardio everyday but I couldn't believe how my first day of the shred kicked my *kitten*. My legs were so sore. I was on and off for the first few day so just started over and im trying to do it 30 days straight. I usually do it after my usual workout.
    I love how I feel after it and I think its a great workout
    Good luck
  • kaboyne
    kaboyne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30DS M-F and doing two weeks each level basically...I do other things thoughout the week but take Saturday off. It seems to be working the same and it helps to have a couple days to recover if you are sore at all
  • rosita76
    Options
    What is this "Shred: video? Im looking for something to do at home when I cant make it to the gym or am bored with my regular routine.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I do the shred every 2nd day only as it is important to rest the muscle groups for a day to rebuild. I opt for a more cardio DVD or a good walk or run the my treadmill, or go for a swim on the alternate days.
  • bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use it to supplement my cardio and get some much needed strength training. I have been very pleased with the results and breaking up the workout helps me feel interested. I get bored. I am a big Jillian fan!
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    I try to do it every other day. I also go to the gym 6 days a week and do an hour on the ellipticals, so 30DS is extra.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for my video too! I really can't wait to start!
  • calypott
    Options
    I'm doing it right now. I'm doing it for 30 days straight, and i'm ONLY doing the shred right now because i want to see results from that and that alone. I'm on day 12 right now which is day 2 of level 2. i love it.

I wouldn't be opposed to just doing the shred, but I can't stand the idea of letting my gym membership go to waste for a whole month. Plus, I am actually enjoying doing the cardio most days of the week. Ahh, I guess I'll just see what I can handle. I'll probably cut the cardio back, but definitely not stop it completely.

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I give myself 2 off days a week--sometimes I do other things those days, sometimes I don't. But your muscles do need time to rest--what builds muscle is the tiny tears that things like the shred cause, and the repair process is when the muscle builds. So you need to give yourself a day here and there to allow that repair process to happen or you won't actually build, you'll just tear and tear without repair.
    Hope this helps.
  • tabbyanny
    Options
    I tried that almost a year ago and it worked but it was SO boring to me that I stopped after two weeks and started turbo jam instead. Hopefully you won't find it so boring! Good luck!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    before starting the shred I was already running 5-6x a week. now i run and do other cardio before i finish off my routine with the shred, it never gets boring! its tough all the way through the end.... im not into cheesy turbo dvds..lol