weight a minute

Options
2»

Replies

• kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but more for accountability. I don't log unless the weekly average changes more than a pound. Within a week I tend to fluctuate within a 3 - 4 pound window, based on workouts, carbs, sodium, etc. so I don't worry about it unless the trend triggers an alarm. It was useful for me to recognize how much fluctuation was "normal" for my eating and exercise habits.
    Yes, same here...
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I just tried weighing myself monthly for the first time. Unfortunately, I chose a bad month in terms of having a million important birthdays and a vacation so I know I went up. I'm willing to try it again one more time though. If that doesn't work for me, I'll try every 3 weeks. 1 week was too often for me, I found I kept telling myself "Oh well, I can correct it this week" every week.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and pay more attention to the TREND than to the actual weight.

This
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale so I weigh every month or so when I'm around one.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Every day. Log it. Pop it into Happy Scale app for moving averages and cool color gizmos, and then Excel for smug chart satisfaction over the long-term trend.

(I'm know I'm not "maintaining" yet, just lurking, but this is something which won't change)
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, usually morning and evening. The evening one helps to keep me fromthat bedtime snack urge. It doesn't stress me, just keeps me on track.
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    everyone is different. I weigh every day. works for me, doesn't depress me, it helps me be accountable.

yup, me to
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    everyone is different - the scale doesn't stress me - and when I see little losses it makes me very happy. I weigh myself every morning - and usually at night too - interesting to see how I can go up 3 to 5 lbs after a day of eating and drinking 14 glasses of water... Usually next day most of it is gone... I have noticed if I go over in my sodium intake then there is water retention the next day... Anyhow - you have to do what is best for you... I like doing it more often as I can celebrate the little wins - but if it stresses you then don't!
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday at the same time - sans clothes and before I eat breakfast. Sometimes I get a spike but I can usually attribute it to a salty meal the night before, etc. Weighing daily keeps me in check.
  • slomo22
    slomo22 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and type it into MFP. I like it because it makes me feel good to see a general downward trend and gives me an overall idea of where my weight is. My weight fluctuates by 5 pounds everyday but I don't need to stress about that! Weighing yourself every 5 weeks is fine, but you could still end up getting stressed out over the results (what if you weigh yourself at a weekly low point and then at a weekly high point? It may not show any results)
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It depends on the individual and how it affects you mentally. I weigh myself several times a day because I love to see how different aspects of my day (food, activity...) affect me. I find it fascinating for some reason. However, my fitness goals are not based on a goal weight. I want to be strong, healthy and attractive, whatever that weight may be.

Several times per day??? Do you take them to bed with you.
    However I admire your goal Strong, healthy and attractive no matter what you weigh.
  • alison067
    alison067 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I weigh in first thing every Friday morning, before the weekend bbq's etc :) then If I have gone a bit off the rails I have all week to put it right before next weigh in.
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could handle daily. I would never see them change.
    Weekly does sound good because 5 weeks can seem like forever to wait.
    I'm slightly tempted to change to weekly checks but for now my
    mind hasn't been changed.
    Thanks for the imput folks.:flowerforyou:
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday for me.

Me too! :laugh:
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love to weigh myself.

Call me crazy, but I wake up excited to hop on the scale every day to see where I am. I don't beat myself up if I am up a few pounds - I knew I would be based on whatever I did (or didn't do) the days before. Similarly, when I work out hard for a few days and am on point with my diet there is nothing more satisfying than seeing those little decimal point drops on the scale.

I guess for me the scale is not something to fear or loath - it is simply another type of mirror. It reflects back my efforts and diet and helps me to get a grasp on where I've come and where I want to go.
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Almost daily. I might not if I feel disgusting or like I really overdid it the night before but other than that, yeah.
  • PatFitzgerald1
    Options
    Daily... I was on a Heart program (Cardiocom) and that's how it had to be. Doctors took me off program as heart condition was stable. However, I am supposed to still weigh daily as the nurse still contacts me once a month. Mainly, I need to maintain between 120 and 125 and have to watch closely for water weight gain as it could be a indication that my lungs are filling with fluid. Doing this and keeping a journal help me greatly.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I don't really weigh in anymore, because I'm already at goal, but when I did weigh in it was once a week.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Without owning a scale, no way could of of got where I am today, I'm unfortunately a daily weigher, it gives me information if I should eat more or less the following day, it's stressful sometimes, but usually can keep it on the same number if I weigh myself at the same time everyday, I'm a night weigher, and I'm usually about 1kg heavier as expected, but always just record my weigh before bed, then minus 1kg off to determine my true weight.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    First thing Sunday morning. Sometimes I weigh on Wed. as well - not often though.