Any tall women out there?

Options

Replies

• 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    6 feet here. At my biggest, I was 325 lbs and a size 18/20. trying to get back down to 165 lbs....at that time I was a size 6. Currently I'm 270 lbs and a size 14...I think I'm built more dense than a lot of people though lol
  • 6ftamazon
    Options
    *peeks head in* Yoooohoooooo!

Currently 5'11 and 160 lbs wearing a 9 (sometimes 7) in "juniors" cause I'm not ready to move to the misses jeans section yet. Started after I had muh baby and I refused to look at the scale, but I'd guess I was at about 210ish....still working on dropping lbs though hoping to get in the 150-155 range. I need to learn how to post pictures.

I'm totally with you on still shopping in the juniors section!! Except I might have to give in soon because my *kitten* just doesn't fit in those curve-less jeans.

Hey all!! 5'9" here! Heaviest was after delivering my 2nd baby at 195 lbs. I was about a size 16 then. I got down to 155 before getting pregnant with my 3rd. I then delivered him at 187 and got down to 145 (loose size 7) within 5 months. I found weight training and now hover in the 150s. I'm currently at 157 and a size 9. Except I have a pair of work capris that are misses and they are size 6 and fit PERFECTLY. I'm trying to get back down to my race weight (I run) around 150 and expect to be a size 4.

Am I the only tall girl that has good size thighs that has a hard time finding pants (ANY KIND) that fit the thighs AND the waist? Cuz you know, I sure can't find them!

pants with a bit of stretch will be your best friend
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options

I don't carry my weight around my middle so it would have to be damn near leggings to get the stretch I need to fit my thighs and waist!

ETA: All my jeans are stretch and I still have to wear a belt with most of them. Skinny jeans? HA! yeah right...
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    6 footer here... Highest weight 352 and in a size 26-28. Now at 315 and in size 22-24. I know exactly what you mean... My first goal weight is in the 180-190 range, and I hope to be comfortable in a size 14-16 pants. I don't know if my butt and thighs will get much smaller than that, but I am hopeful! I would love to eventually wear a size 12 comfortably.
  • 6ftamazon
    Options

I don't carry my weight around my middle so it would have to be damn near leggings to get the stretch I need to fit my thighs and waist!

ETA: All my jeans are stretch and I still have to wear a belt with most of them. Skinny jeans? HA! yeah right...

Lol I'm the same way...when I was plus sized, it was even worse to find clothes!
  • superkarynfragilistic
    superkarynfragilistic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    5'10 here. Even at my absolute skinniest I was a size 10. Right now I'm an 18/20 and trying to find a happy medium at 12/14. I'm happy to see other mamas posting here as post-baby weight loss has been hard for me.
  • superkarynfragilistic
    superkarynfragilistic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". I started at 268 and was a 22W. Now I'm 199 and a 14. My goal is 150 and a 10. It all depends what kind of frame you have. Do the wrist test. Make a ring around your wrist with your middle finger and your thumb. If your thumb and finger don't touch or barely touch you have a big frame, if they slightly overlap you have a medium frame, if they overlap a lot you have a small frame. Gives you a better idea of where your goal should be within the healthy range for your height.

My thumb and middle finger need their own bridge. Big boned it is!
  • blackizbutiful
    blackizbutiful Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    5'10 here battling the bulge as well coming down from 270+ lbs. seeing the loss all over except my midsection.
  • TurnerErica17
    TurnerErica17 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 266lbs in a size 18-20. I started at 413lbs and in a size 32 so I am VERY happy with my size 18 :)
  • AliUnrau
    AliUnrau Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Im 5'11.5 and when i was smaller I was able to get into a size 11 jeans. Hope that gives you some hope!
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I was on 242 pounds, I've dropped 2 pant sizes so far and almost 50 pounds, went from 49 inches to 45 in my low hips!
    In Uk size I believe and from 52 to a 48! :D
    And 42 to 38 in Latin American Sizes!
    In the USA that would be from over a 20 to a 16-18 size?
    anyway here is the comparison I did a few weeks back:

478a1244-67c8-44d4-a1f4-014c333e3522_zpsd66af2a1.jpg

AND I'M ONLY HALFWAY THERE!
    it is not impossible but it DOES take lots of hard work! Visualization helps a lot!

See yourself at it and you'll get it! :wink:
  • elv1ra
    elv1ra Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    im not that tall but im 5'9. i started at 270 and i needed pants in a 22 to fit my belly because thats where i carry my weight, but they were always baggy in the butt hips and thighs. now ive lost 80lbs and my belly is still my problem area. i still need a 16 or maybe i could fit into a 14 now.
  • mjbradshaw13
    Options
    I'm jumping on the tall board!! I'm 6'0 and am a long way from where I want to be...but that's ok, making progress!! Anyone else here get tired of hearing "You can weigh more because you are so tall" or my other personal favorite "But you carry your weight so well...." I mean really?!
  • DallasSusan
    DallasSusan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping on the tall board!! I'm 6'0 and am a long way from where I want to be...but that's ok, making progress!! Anyone else here get tired of hearing "You can weigh more because you are so tall" or my other personal favorite "But you carry your weight so well...." I mean really?!

Welcome aboard! I'm 5' 10". At my heaviest I was 218 lbs, borderline "obese." I joined myfitnesspal in December of 2013 at 215 lbs. I set a weight loss goal of 30 lbs because at the time I thought that would be friggin' impossible. Now it's 7 months later and goal! I'm around 185 lbs. I wear a size 20 (women's, tall) but have just ordered some size 18 jeans because these thangs are baaaggy. I'm kinda stuck right now. I really don't know what my ideal weight should be, so I'm just trying to maintain for a while. I'm older than y'all: age 60. Just want to let all the tall ladies know that it can be done. Best wishes to you.
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

ALL MY LIFE
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this thread!! My favorite part is seeing the differences in sizes regardless of weight! I have always struggled with that! I am 5'10" and maxed at 220 lbs and wore an 18/20 at that point.

I am now at 175 and comfortably wear a 10. I was 145 lbs in high school, and wore an 8 (never a 6), and everyone constantly told me to "go eat a sandwich" because at that weight my hips & shoulders stuck out at weird angles - - so despite the BMI charts, etc, telling me that is in my "goal" range I don't think I'll go that low again.
    Everyone's body is SO different - especially us tall gals. So many of you have mentioned being broad shouldered or mentioned features of "triangle" shaped women. So unique to tall gals!

In related news, my SIL is tall, too - 5'9" tall and she wears a size 2, weighing in at about 135 lbs and she doesn't look awkward at ALL, as opposed to my crazy bony protrusions (and she lost over 200 lbs to get there). Again, everyone's frame is so different!!!

Embrace your unique build, tall girls!! Woot!
  • DallasSusan
    DallasSusan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this thread!! My favorite part is seeing the differences in sizes regardless of weight! I have always struggled with that! I am 5'10" and maxed at 220 lbs and wore an 18/20 at that point.

I am now at 175 and comfortably wear a 10. I was 145 lbs in high school, and wore an 8 (never a 6), and everyone constantly told me to "go eat a sandwich" because at that weight my hips & shoulders stuck out at weird angles - - so despite the BMI charts, etc, telling me that is in my "goal" range I don't think I'll go that low again.
    Everyone's body is SO different - especially us tall gals. So many of you have mentioned being broad shouldered or mentioned features of "triangle" shaped women. So unique to tall gals!

In related news, my SIL is tall, too - 5'9" tall and she wears a size 2, weighing in at about 135 lbs and she doesn't look awkward at ALL, as opposed to my crazy bony protrusions (and she lost over 200 lbs to get there). Again, everyone's frame is so different!!!

Embrace your unique build, tall girls!! Woot!

"Go eat a sandwich." I just gotta laugh. When I weighed 140 lbs I was called "The Zipper" ('cuz when I stood sideways and stuck out my tongue I looked like a zipper). No. I never wanna go that low again. 175 and size 10: that sounds lovely to me.
  • dinaesia
    dinaesia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a tall girl too. I am 5'10" and weigh 222. I started MFP at 230 lbs. Currently, I'm a size 18 with a large frame. The smallest I've ever been was a size 12. I wore a size 12 for 25 yrs. I would be satisfied with a size 14 now. As a size 12, I was really thin, but I was very active at the time. I swam, rode my bike, and danced. I was always underweight for my height.

Now, the weight issue has reversed and I am obese. But not for long...
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    5'10" and VERY apple shaped. Finding pants to fit is extremely tricky since I measure at least a full size smaller in my hips than I do in my waist… at best…sometimes it's 2 sizes.

I'm only 45 pounds down of a 200 pound goal… so I'm extremely interested in what sizes are at what weight. I was wearing 5x shirts when I started and I'm squeezing into 3x shirts right now…. depending on the style. Some of them are still way too tight and some look okay. Pants are a little trickier because of my shape. I'm wearing 4x pants, but I could conceivably fit into a 3x of the same style. They are elastic waisted, so they last a lot longer before they get too big to wear.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Oh you guys give me hope! I love this thread (how can I bookmark it??).
    I"m 5'll, and was 209 35 days ago. I've lost 12 pounds. My size 16 pants are loose, and looking forward to moving on down. I feel a real connection to you guys cause you're like me!
    My goal weight is 150, I want to get to a stable weight and hold, since much of my life I've gone between 130-210. I feel confident that this will work if I don't get discouraged and give up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!