*New Show* Heavy on A&E

Options

Replies

• lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I really enjoyed watching Heavy last night. It was nice to see a show showing the obsticles they are over coming as well as how they are managing there weight loss. I was really proud of Tom going back to get the help he needed. And Jodi did a fabulous job! I think it was neat that they found a good friendship in eachother. I also liked the nutrionist taking them thru the store--I'd like to see more of that!

I like to watch Loser, but their weight loss isn't realistic. Most of us don't have 6 hrs a day to just workout. I think they are so busy trying to top the last season, that the keep finding bigger and bigger contestants and trying to get them to shed the weight even faster. It's really getting too commercial.

I like Ruby, too, and can't wait for her season to start in March!
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I watched both Heavy and I Used to Be Fat, both were awesome! I haven't watched Biggest Loser for the past couple seasons. It's gotten so commercial and I agree with you guys, it's just not realistic. Plus, when I saw Jillians "weight loss supplements" at Target, I was over it.
  • becman1
    becman1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting. I will check it out.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I watched it last night and was amazed!!
  • hellotini
    Options
    I thought the show was excellent. Crazy how much they changed in 6 months (mostly at home, too!). I can't watch Loser either, it's too unrealistic and lately it seems like one long advertisement for Nordictrac Ellipticals and Nike shoes and stuff like that.
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know where I can watch the first episode online in closed captioning? I checked Hulu and didn't see anything yet but really interested in trying out this show!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    MAN I missed it!!!! I wanted to watch that! It sounds just like "I Used to Be Fat" which comes on MTV on Wednesdays nights.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am going on the website to watch it now :)
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Loved it. :) Have it set to DVR :)

Same here! :)
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I saw it. Could not believe how much that guy lost! Was really astonishing to see them get at it and lose the weight. Really affirmed my desire to be a personal trainer. That and I want the girl trainers guns! lol.

Same here!

It was a great show. I love how they showed some of the mental aspects of losing weight. I know for me it has been about both so it was nice to see it brought to light.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I meant to program the DVR last night. DH hates that type of show, so I usually watch Intervention on Tuesdays when he is not home. Heavy would be good to watch then as well! I will have to program it in tonight when I get home for next week!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Oh yea,i was great. I was really impressed with the hard work displayed by both. It was pure grit and determination. I have long said that you can change a person's habits (emo eating, over eating etc) but it won't happen overnight. The problem with our society is impatience. Everyone wants results yesterday!!! Although I'm not against baratric surgery (my best friend has the lap band), I am against the way we plonk people on the table, open them and and think that we will fix them by muddling around with their insides! My friend still deals with ALLLL of her original issues (Overeating, Poor nutrition, Emo eating etc) because no one gave her the therapy or rehab she needed. She lost the weight because the food she was (still) shoving down her throat was making her sick.

I would prefer to do this the long hard way. I'm so glad the people on last night's show proved it could be done!
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks- I'm definitely going to start watching this now! :) Inspiration everywhere! :happy:
  • Grace619
    Grace619 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I DVR'd this, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. After reading all the posts here, I can't wait to get out of work today & get home to check it out.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Okay so I just went online to A&E and watched it. All i can say is WOW. What a great show and I will definitely set this to record. Really inspiring!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Times like this I wish I had cable!!!! ARGHHHHH I am gonna see if i can find it online!!!!
  • jantawa
    jantawa Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Watched Heavy too last night. Loved the fact that it shows that (like MFP) people really can (and do) lose weight by having or acquiring a positive mindset, hard work, and determination. Even though they have the benefit of personal trainers and are able to just focus on themselves in a controlled environment for 30 days, it also shows that you can still make changes out in the real world.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that lump on the guy's leg weighed almost 8 lbs! It is so sad that people get to that state where moving is such a hard thing to do. But kudos to both of them for keeping it up! I want a personal trainer to kick my *kitten* for free!!
  • CountrySweetheart
    Options
    I loved it. It was different from "Biggest Loser" because of the way they did things. People need to know how to eat in the real world without trainers, dieticians, and constant support because that is what reality is like.
  • Tara_Alesia
    Tara_Alesia Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I saw it and loved it. This show and "I Used to be Fat" are so inspirational to me. I figure if they can do it, I can, too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!