snacks to feel full

Options
I am big on snacking and have reccently cut my calorie intake down a bit and am having a hard time because i am constantly hungry and want to eat. also i have pre-diabetes so i need to eat lots of snacks (i usualy like to eat every 1.5, or 2 hrs) to keep my blood sugar at a deccent happy level so i dont feel faint.
anyway i need some suggestions of good snacks to help me feel fuller longer that arnt to high in calories.
or even just some good snacks in general..
right now i do some fruits and yoplait lights and rice cakes but i need some more variety!
thanks!!

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Tuna, fruit, eggs, toast, Popsicle, popcorn
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i like imitation crab. low cal but feels substantial. trans ocean is my favorite, not flake style. i eat a cup of it plain.

cheese

peanut butter sandwich crackers

carrot juice

lox rolled around whipped cream cheese

those are what i can think of now.

the hungry will go unless you are eating too little. i mean... you will get used to it.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you netting?
  • Zombiexcandy
    Options
    oo i love crab meat!

1450. but before i was doing 1600. i dropped because i wasnt satisfied with my weight loss. and i felt like i was maybe eating to many. also i started the slimquick gummies and it reccomened 1350 but i felt that was to few so i went with 1450. the calculator i used said i should be cosuming between 1300-1500 a day.
    my problem is im a binge eater..so im use to eating alot..so eating 1450 is like starving for me. im not use to it at all.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Work on getting more protein in. It is filling and typically low calorie.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Steamed shrimp, hard boiled eggs, crackers or whole wheat toast with peanut butter or lower-cal PB2, cottage cheese (with or without fruit mixed in) V8 juice, a veggie egg-white omelette.
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    What do you like for snacks? Sweet? Salty? etc

Beef jerky is a fav of mine, if you can have the salt intake :) Pretty good calorie wise, and full of yummy protein.

Also, consider making your own jerky, you can control it better than :D Or you can make little bags of trail mix.

Take a favorite nut, candy, fruit etc and measure out into desired portions and put in single serve snack bags.

Hummus and carrots, Aldis has a hummus that is 40cals a serving (2 tbs) and a carrot is about 20, so a 60 calorie snack that has crunch and protein :)
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    EvenThatNameIsTaken Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I go for roasted edamame. I like crunchy stuff, so this works for me, 1 serving (1/4 cup) is 130 cals and has a good amount of protein so will keep you full a bit longer. If I'm feeling like something dessertlike, I'll have some chobani yogurt which is 140 cals. I often eat various 'nutrition bars,' but am eating less of those lately.. many have a lot of ingredients I don't want, and the good ones are expensive. Right now I have zone bars, they around 220 cals. Oh, also I have mixed rice cakes and yogurt before, it tasted like a weird version of rice krispy treats (which have been a weakness of mine in the past).
  • baminian
    baminian Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anything high in fiber and protein I think is your best bet. Light cheese, greek yogurt, and I second the jerky. Also, drink water. I drink a big glass with every meal to help me feel full (when I remember).

EDIT to say: It's hard to overeat things like baby spinach. 85 grams, which is a ton, only has like 35 cals. Plus it's boring, so you really have to be hungry to want to eat it.
  • Tugar4440
    Tugar4440 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here's great tip. Pair your carbs with a protein. That will keep you fuller longer. I do something like a light yogurt and a handful of almonds. Apples and cheese sticks. Cottage cheese and berries ( although I still prefer salt and pepper on mine)
  • Cati321
    Cati321 Posts: 35
    Options
    Rice cakes and Laughing Cow cream cheese, overnight oats (make one jar full and eat it over 3-4 hours)
  • fe2o3girl
    fe2o3girl Posts: 14
    Options
    Nuts!

Yesterday afternoon I ate a Cadbury's Double Decker which I fitted into my daily allowance, and I enjoyed it, but when I'd eaten it I just wanted more sweet stuff.

Today I had 40g of mixed nuts for the same calories, got 8.9g of protein and 3.3g of fibre, it took longer to eat and I feel really satisfied. These are plain nuts not salted roasted nuts.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese - Low fat, fruit (strawberries, blueberries, or peach) or a small roma tomato
    String Cheese with an apple
    Apple with peanut butter (low sodium, natural)
    Apple with almonds or pistacchios
    Dannon light and fit greek vanilla with Bear Naked granola (10% protein - cinnamon, sunflower seeds, cranberries)
    Quest Protein Bars
    Vanilla Protein powder, sugar free lemonade mix packet and tuna
    Half of a banana with Peanut Butter
  • hannhr
    hannhr Posts: 22
    Options
    Pacific Gold Beef Jerky snack packs- 90cals each and 14g protein
    Protein bars- I like ThinkThin, Premier Protein, Oatmega (if you can find them), and NuGo
    Greek yogurt- my favorites are Yoplait 100, Dannon Light and Fit, Fage fruit (high on the sugar though), and Siggi (expensive but worth it)

Look for things with a good balance of protein, sugar, and fiber to help you stay full. I also drink a lot of sparkling water, as the carbonation keeps me feeling full.