Too few calories

Options
I have been at it for three weeks! Getting into a routine with the diet and exercise and now when I log my food it is telling me I'm not eating enough! But I am full, not hungry at all, at the end of the day! Do I still need to eat more calories????

Replies

• SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well, that kind of depends. You should be close to your daily calories. MFP creates a calorie deficit, so it will calculate how many calories you need before your body goes into starvation mode. But some does, if I'm 50 cals under, I don't eat more, just to get those calories in. Also, I exercise 4-5 times a week, and I'm sure you've noticed, that when you exercise MFP gives you more calories. I usually eat some of the calories I've earned by exercising, but not all. I hope that helps!!
  • amycrims
    Options
    Depends on how under you are. If you're 100-200 under after you've added calories burned from exercise, don't worry. But if you're more than 500 under, you may want to up your calories intake. Maybe you don't have to eat more, but eat a higher calorie food. There are many healthy options that can be higher in calories.
  • jennjack76
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question, I was wondering the exact same thing last night when I finished logging my food yesterday!:smile:
  • Izzygirl1985
    Options
    I am right there with you. Sometimes I have >1000 cal deficit a day!!!! I eat well and eat so much veggies that I have no room for anything else. I also drink tons of water. On top of that, I burn ~5-600 cals on the elliptical 5-6X/week. I CANNOT eat more unless I shove down a block of lard down my throat. I really cant help it. I usually snack on 2 pieces of fruit at a time, I do the 100 cals snacks, I eat lots of salad, asparagus, lima beans, salmon, lean cuisines, EVERYTHING. Soooo.....I don;t know what to do either. And I doubt my body is going into starvation. I feel very very energized ALL DAY!
  • swseibert
    Options
    The only thing to really worry about is that your body will start losing muscle mass if you don't eat enough. In the long run this will cause you more weight loss problems because your metabolism will run slower. However, listen to your body. If you are full you are full!
  • t15froggy
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm usually within 100-200 of my calorie intake so I'm just gonna keep going the way I am for now, eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm not!!!