Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ladies... hairy chest on your man or no?

Replies

• outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Hair is yes. Don't wax. Hairless is for prepubescent boys. Now if you were apelike some manscaping is not such a bad deal... Back hair is never sexy. And really you are not hairy at all looks pretty average as far as a hairy chest goes goes.

Not true at all. I'm 37 and I have no chest, arm , or leg hair naturally. I come pre-manscaped.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    First of all, great job! You look fantastic. Secondly, I like hair on my man, its well...manly. With that being said, certain things need to be kept up with. The hair on your chest is great, fine, but if it creeps up past your neck line, you need to clip it off. Too much hair is disgusting, which yours is not. Now, as for back hair, have a close friend trim that if you have any. also, any stray hairs on your neck, make sure they are gone. Also, mens ears inside and out should not have hair on them. Pay extra attention to this as you may not look there often.

Good luck. and again you look fabulous!

Totally agree. On all of that!
    Unless you're college aged or younger, leave the hair (minus the back/shoulder hair!). It's normal and masculine. Hairless men make me think of 12 or 13 year old adolescent boys .... ummm, no. Leave it ...

That said, if the woman in your life has a different preference, go with that!
    Don't most muscle guys shave/wax? Not that you are attracted to them...hell I don't know. Hidewall.gif
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Leave the hair. It isn't excessive and if you are a Seinfeld fan, do you remember the episode where Jerry begins shaving his chest because his girlfriend mentioned that she liked hairless beings?? Besides, it is who you are anyway. It would be like me getting on here and asking if I was "too white," if I should go get spray tans so I wouldn't be so white. I'm sure a lot of people would say to go get one because I have never met anyone whiter than me, but this is how I was made and spray tans are a pain in the butt.
  • Way to go on the weight loss!!!!!
    I am not a fan of hair, you do not have a lot though. I think you should shave! Smokin hairless body for the summer.:smile:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Hairless, great job on the loss.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    You should keep the love rug!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Every woman has a different preference.
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Wow, this turned into a popular topic! :D

Thanks for the replies... So far we have a count of 13 for waxing vs 41 against.

Looks like I get to keep it!

Thanks for all the kind words regarding my progress too.

Just FYI, no back or shoulder hair here! :)
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    lol, that was a fun read. I've got way more hair than you, you are probably pretty close to the norm, if not under it, far as hairiness goes. Can check out my before after pics I posted recently in my blog if curious. From time to time, I use my beard trimmer on my chest and stomach to make it neat and tidy, just for my own practical needs. About the only use my beard trimmer gets these days since I stopped shaving and trimming my beard several months ago :D

Personally, I'd say you should do what *you* think fits your own image of yourself. You can never tell what a potential partner will like, and even if they tell you what they like, all too often they actually like something else, lol. So, what's the point of trying to look like how someone else wants you to look? Look like how you feel you should look like, and then you'll always be happy.
  • Wax! haha but really you look fine either way
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    Pfffftt!! You're practically hairless compared to my husband! He's like a big sasquatch or something, lol! And I have to say I love him hairy! When we met he didn't have any body hair (he was 19) but it's gradually sprouted. (He'll tell you it's migrating from his head to his back.) I think he's very masculine and wouldn't want him to wax.

BTW, you've done an awesome job! Good work and whatever you decide to do, wear it proudly!
  • aprilheaven
    aprilheaven Posts: 6 Member
    i say keep it! you are not, by all means, even as hairy as my husband. and i used to say that i didnt like chest hair, but it "grew" on me eventually. if a girl really likes you, then she wont mind the hair. :D
  • DUDE! GREAT job on the weight loss!! You are looking really, really good!!
    Personally, I prefer a man with some hair on his chest, that's how God made you! So keep it, and if some chick doesn't like it, she wasn't for you anyway!! Stay natural!!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    I like my men the way they are. lol. If you have hair, rock it! If you don't, use lotion!

Seriously, nothing worse than snuggling up to a man chest....and then getting poked by stubbles. Gross.

You look great. Who cares what others say. Different nationalities are hairier than others. My husband is Salvadorian and not hairy at all. My ex is Italian. Nuff said. LOL!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Leave the hair. It isn't excessive and if you are a Seinfeld fan, do you remember the episode where Jerry begins shaving his chest because his girlfriend mentioned that she liked hairless beings?? Besides, it is who you are anyway. It would be like me getting on here and asking if I was "too white," if I should go get spray tans so I wouldn't be so white. I'm sure a lot of people would say to go get one because I have never met anyone whiter than me, but this is how I was made and spray tans are a pain in the butt.

Well, that's not all true. We women come with hair but we shave it off. We aren't very "natural"...but no one snuggles up to my armpits LOL....at least not on purpose.
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Either one I think looks great UNLESS!!! They have hair on their chest and then wax or shave it off...that I find extremely unattractive (for whatever that's worth). Definitely be proud...lots of women find the hair seksy (like me!) And they probably said what they did and then walked away wishing they could run their fingers thru it :P (oh yes....even the guys who waxed theirs all off prolly thought it too...OH YES THEY DID!!)

On you, I think it looks really hawt /wink

And /highfive on your AMAZING weightloss

Too funny that we were just having this convo last week lol. Anyhow, I agree, if you've got hair you should rock since there are plenty of women out there that will love and appreciate it. And for those who don't, they can go find men without!

Also, AMAZING work on your weight loss! I hope I can come even a little close!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Keep the hair!!!! you look great!!!!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    First of all, great job! You look fantastic. Secondly, I like hair on my man, its well...manly. With that being said, certain things need to be kept up with. The hair on your chest is great, fine, but if it creeps up past your neck line, you need to clip it off. Too much hair is disgusting, which yours is not. Now, as for back hair, have a close friend trim that if you have any. also, any stray hairs on your neck, make sure they are gone. Also, mens ears inside and out should not have hair on them. Pay extra attention to this as you may not look there often.

Good luck. and again you look fabulous!

Totally agree. On all of that!
    Unless you're college aged or younger, leave the hair (minus the back/shoulder hair!). It's normal and masculine. Hairless men make me think of 12 or 13 year old adolescent boys .... ummm, no. Leave it ...

That said, if the woman in your life has a different preference, go with that!
    Don't most muscle guys shave/wax? Not that you are attracted to them...hell I don't know. Hidewall.gif

LOL! You're funny!!!

Yes, most body building competitors do shave/wax and tan. But when you see it a lot, it gets a little old (just my opinion). It always kind of cracked me up when guys who aren't nearly competitors do the same thing ... but I know it's popular right now. I think it's an age thing. For the teens and twenty-somethings, the hair thing is "icky" (I'm quoting my daughter!) but the rest of the women seem to be good with men "au natural." It's totally a preference thing. I vote for well-groomed but not anything that requires as many hours in the waxing salon as in the gym.

:drinker:
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Umm yeah my hubby looks like a bear skin rug compared to your chest and I looove him hairy body and all! I think you've done great on the weightloss by the way and let someone appreciate you for who you are...a man and men have hair!

Now if you were female and rockin the hairy chest I'd say wax it! :laugh:
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Congratulations on your weight loss!
    Wax it, that's my vote. I'm not a fan of hairy chest. :wink: