From 315lbs to Zumba instructor: my

Options

Replies

• JennyJiggle
    JennyJiggle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story - congratulations on all your success!
  • charkendrick
    charkendrick Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • celinetmika
    celinetmika Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    :-) Thank you!
  • jennied314
    jennied314 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How awesome! You look great! I hope to attend my first Zumba this weekend
  • celinetmika
    Options
    For those of you who are about to start Zumba or are just getting started, here is a few tips:

- If you can't figure out the steps, just focus on the legs. Don't worry about the arms, you can add that later. Look at the feet of the instructor, and try to do the same with your feet.

- You don't have to jump! You can take the impact off without taking the intensity off. Especially if you are heavy or not used to working out, please spare your knees and ankles until you feel comfortable jumping! (and you will, I promise!!!)

- If you can't see the instructor, just follow one of the front row participants. Most of the time, those who are comfortable being up there know the routines by heart and have been doing Zumba for a while. You will quickly figure out who you should follow and who you shouldn't. :-)

- If you are having a hard time with a particular step, it is totally fine to go ask the instructor at the end of class. He/She will be happy to show you the steps slowly so you can practice at home ;-)

- Finally, Nobody is looking at you. Nobody is making fun of you. NOBODY. Everybody is either looking at the instructor or at themselves. Yes. Trust me.
    So just MOVE, DANCE, SWEAT and most of all HAVE FUN!!!
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    My_Fitness_Journey2020 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration! Amazing job :)
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Well done!
  • determinedgirl1
    determinedgirl1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Thanks for being an inspiration.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    What an amazing inspiration- you look fantastic! Thank you for posting :)
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey, and you look fantastic! Well done you :)
  • Lanie2012
    Lanie2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Super inspirational and I needed to read this today :)
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    OH MY WORD!!! you look like a different person - amazing and up to the bit about exercise it could be my story too!! Inspiring :flowerforyou:
  • tolae2006
    tolae2006 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing and I am sure you'll inspire many people in your zumba classes.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I love this! You keep being amazing. :flowerforyou:
  • samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great Story!! Congrats on your journey, and I'm sure you'll be an amazing instructor!
  • akvtmama
    Options
    So inspiring, thank you for sharing I needed this.
  • celinetmika
    Options
    All done! I am now officially a licensed Zumba instructor! but a lot of work to do before I'm ready to teach a whole class.
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks for sharing such an inspirational story!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow. All I can say is WOW!! What a change--and you are BEAUTIFUL!!

I remember my first Zumba class. I went to a Zumbathon. I didn't realize a Zumbathon was a marathon for Zumba!! I couldn't talk/drive when I left. Just too exhausted. Glad my husband was there to drive home. That was a Saturday. By Sunday afternoon, I was looking at my watch--could not wait for the next Zumba class.

CONGRATS TO YOU!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!