30 day shred and bad kness, running shoes remedy?

Options
2»

Replies

• patb987
    patb987 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If your not using shoes meant for running, then thats your problem...
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    if something hurts you every time why keep doing it? every body is different ! find a low impact workout and remember to be kind to your knees!
  • EbnyIvry
    EbnyIvry Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    30-day shred is a great workout but my knees can't take the cardio (jumping jacks). So I get on my spin bike for the two-minute cardio segments and that is working out fine.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Pick something else that doesn't mess with your knees like that.

This!^

Lots of lower impact workout out there.........here's one by Chris Freytag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm0C8awjNIQ

If you still like 30 DS ....then use Chris's moves to modify the ones that bother. Seriously it's just a circuit workout.....so many others available.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Pick something else that doesn't mess with your knees like that.

Agree..its pretty famous for weight loss, hence sticking with the program repeatedly.

Most of the famous program for weight loss have these kinda high impact.:frown:
    And I really want to lose weight, so not able to give up. :ohwell:

Calorie deficit for weight loss......exercise for fitness.

I'm going against the tide here, but JM didn't invent the fitness video. You want tough? You want someone who's been out there for decades....someone who has serious creds? Look up Cathe Friedrich....she's the real deal. Her Low Impact series is tough.

Low impact with intensity......try adding a step bench or a rebounder.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Dear All,

Every time I start working out with 30 day shred, I end up with bad knees.

This is my third time going through it, and I feel bad because its hindering all my daily activities.It leaves me so weak at knees the entire day.

Iam thinking of changing my shoes with the ones meant for running.

Would it help me with the high knees,jumping jacks and plank jumps?Or its meant for running only?

Any other suggestions/advices are welcome...

Thank you,:smile:

SNAP! On the opposite note, I was doing a fitness blender last night where I had to do plank stuff and other HIIT and the running sneakers I had on were just not cutting it. They were too soft on the tip (giggity) and my toes were hurting. I ended up putting on my sketcher sneakers with the flat foot to get through the rest.

Those running sneakers are not good for cross training, that's for sure.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Find out what specifically is bothering you is it the squats? Replace that with something else.