I'm hungry, HELP!

Options
_Josee_
_Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
Hi!

I'm sitting here at 8:30pm very very HUNGRY!
Any tips?

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    1T PB and 0% plain greek yogurt and splenda.
    190cals. And youve got 194 left =P
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn. It'll fill you up and has few calories.
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If you have calories, eat something filling. If not.. Well, don't eat.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Go brush your teeth. Go to bed early if you have to.

Remember, food can't control you. You control your food.
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Eat.

If you go over 200 cals then be 100 less over the next couple days.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options

This!
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Find something to distract yourself that will require you to use your hands and focus. If that doesn't work drink water, chew gum, or just eat something that isn't high in calories. If it is true hunger eat something small so you don't feel deprived. Good luck....
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Mostly this. If you're really, truly and legitimately hungry, eat something that won't put you over maintenance. (Strawberries are a favorite low-cal choice over here.)

But if you're more bored than hungry, go to bed. I like to "treat" myself to a cozy blanket and a really good book. A different kind of indulgence — but one that doesn't make me feel bad the next day.
  • rosiemaji
    rosiemaji Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I find that 1/2 cup of plain no-fat Greek Yogurt with 1 packet of stevia sweetener and 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen fruit such as raspberries, blackberries or strawberries really fills me up when I am hungry shortly before going to bed. The Greek yogurt. has lots of protein and it really holds hunger at bay until morning. The whole thing is less than 100 calories.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I don't know where your calories are set, so the first thing to do is make sure you've eaten enough for the day and haven't set your calorie goal too low.

Otherwise, either have a light snack and go a bit over your calories for the day or look for something to keep yourself busy for the rest of the night.

Personally, I like to go for a cup or two of decaf tea for those hungry evenings.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Eat.

If you go over 200 cals then be 100 less over the next couple days.

yup.
    I don't sweat it.
    I went over 500 cal today.
    Meh. I'll shave a little more than usual off the next few days.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Um, eat?

No need to torture yourself and you won't turn into a gremlin or gain all your weight back.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    How about broth?
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i always conserve 100ish calories for those late cravings... I typically opt for a delicious tablespoon of peanut butter which fills me right up... or air popped popcorn with a variety of toppings... which also fills me up for minimal calories, but maximum yumminess.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    A big salad: 1-2 cups of shredded lettuce, then add some veggies of your choice: chopped tomato, chopped cucumber, shredded carrot, chopped red pepper, roasted red pepper, radishes, peas, etc.... Add fat free salad dressing.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the apple diet?
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I plan for a nightly snack every day. Usually a skinny cow ice cream bar and 16 oz of crystal light. I am not a sweets person but this kills my appetite. If I am out of the bars I eat 17 semi sweet chunks or 4 tbsp of pb2. Sure I pee all night long from the crystal lite but I am a light sleeper anyway. I used to just graze the pantry and fridge back when I was obese. Now I have the plan in place. I actually never touch the bars unless I am headed to bed. Then I actually eat the bar in bed. I never return to the kitchen. I just keep grabbing the crystal lite. Then I roll over and go to sleep.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Fill an empty Talenti tub with frozen Cool Whip and shirataki noodles
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    You could always have a roll with cool whip on it. I hear it's pretty much the same thing as a cupcake.
  • Abby_C2014
    Abby_C2014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I get hungry at night, I eat carrots, celery, an APPLE :), or a Greek yogurt (a combination of two or three usually fills me up). It helps me stay away from unhealthy food choices at night.