Healthiest Fast Food Chain Meal Options!??

Options
2»

Replies

• tannatannabobanna
    tannatannabobanna Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    that sounds amazing right now...
  • Mgypsygirl
    Mgypsygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like panera and noodles and company, they have calorie counts, smaller portions, protein, and veggies!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    "Healthy" - conducive to good health. There is really no need for specifics, other people seem to be handling it just fine.

Healthy, when speaking of diet, is ensuring that you are consuming adequate levels of macro and micronutrients. For example; Most people would consider a garden salad healthy, right? What about three garden salads per day for six months? Suddenly not so healthy.

So what I was asking you is do you need to focus on more protein? Dietary fat? Micronutrients? Fiber? Or just something low calorie with some green things in it for appearance to make you feel like it is healthy?
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    El Pollo Loco Ultimate Double Chicken Salad with 2 packets of Light Cilantro Dressing is a lot of food and low in calories for a fast food place...if you say no tortilla strips and cheese then it's even less. Not to mention its DELICIOUS! My other go to fast food is the Southwest Chicken Salad at Togos. I order it again with no cheese or tortilla strips and usually will add veggies like cucumber, onion and banana peppers. The dressing that comes with the salad is way to many calories for me so I usually go with their Cesar dressing instead. Both salads are delicious and feel like a cheat meal!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Subway has a ton of good options. Just ask Jared.

Also, Taco Bell. Lots of good stuff if you don't mind the sodium.

Most burger places will have a small burger or grilled chicken and a side salad.

Arby's has a bunch of options that are smaller roast beefs, or ham or turkey based.

Wherever you go, watch out for turkey burgers. Most of the time those are not white meat, and they have more calories and fat than regular beef burgers.