Help! I'm eating too much sugar!

Options
My daily sugar intake is supposed to be 30g, but I usually end up eating DOUBLE that. I really don't even eat junk food; my sugar mostly comes from fruits and greek yogurt. Does anyone have any suggestions of substitutions I can make to reduce my sugar intake?

Replies

• hvan01
    hvan01 Posts: 5
    Options
    Switch to Splenda instead, Takes a lot like sugar but is better for you.
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry a whole lot about natural sugars. It is REALLY hard to stay away from them. I would mostly concentrate on keeping away from processed sugars.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Switch to Splenda instead, Takes a lot like sugar but is better for you.

no, it's not.

"Splenda is the trade name for sucralose, a synthetic compound stumbled upon in 1976 by scientists in Britain seeking a new pesticide formulation."

read the whole article here: http://www.womentowomen.com/healthyweight/splenda.aspx

The best way to cut down on your sugar intake is to stop eating anything with "sugar" in the ingredients. In fact, stay away from foods with ingredient lists to start off with.
    Replacing real sugar with fake sugar is not good for you.
  • singingpeace
    Options
    Take a probiotic. So many of us women are walking around with untreated yeast infections, which cause a craving for sugar. Go buy a probiotic, take three times the dose for three days then take the normal dose. Try to reduce your sweet intake as you do this. I did this and found I didn't crave sugar as much.
  • UrbanLegend
    UrbanLegend Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wanna know who the Mensa member was that looked at a dish of pesticide and decided to do the "TJ Hooker Narcotic drug test" and stuck a finger in his mouth to discover the sweet taste sensation!!! The ignorance of people never ceases to amaze me and how do you get a job tasting crap in a pesticide lab?!?!?!?!?!